2022 ALCS Yankees vs Astros

WBT

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

you-sure-really.gif

Astros were only 10 games better than the Yankees in the regular season and the Yankees had to fight as a wild card before losing to the Astros in the 2017 ALCS.   Add in Yankee magic, 27 previous World Series wins, and Spike Lee subtract TRASH CANS and Yankees were objectively and mathematically the better team.  No doubt.  100 %

• Haha 3

Didn’t grow up in Texas, but been here a long while.  And Astros’ run has been damn impressive.  Lotsa guys I know who love and respect the game like I do are lifelong Houston fans.  So I’m pulling for y’all and we’ll-rounded baseball.  Always enjoy my time at MMP and most Houston fans know the game well.  

also, please beat the fuck outta the Yankees.  I love that town but cannot stand that fucking team or their fans.  Take the Flag in 5.  Keep the pennant part for your stadium wall, and shove the pole part up Steinbrenner’s corpse’s ass while Jeter and Rivera are made to watch.  As of this time next week, the Yankee tradition is a rumor.  It never happened.  Go ‘Stros!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Didn’t grow up in Texas, but been here a long while.  And Astros’ run has been damn impressive.  Lotsa guys I know who love and respect the game like I do are lifelong Houston fans.  So I’m pulling for y’all and we’ll-rounded baseball.  Always enjoy my time at MMP and most Houston fans know the game well.  

also, please beat the fuck outta the Yankees.  I love that town but cannot stand that fucking team or their fans.  Take the Flag in 5.  Keep the pennant part for your stadium wall, and shove the pole part up Steinbrenner’s corpse’s ass while Jeter and Rivera are made to watch.  As of this time next week, the Yankee tradition is a rumor.  It never happened.  Go ‘Stros!

If you actually grew up in Texas you’d know that 80% of Astros fans didn’t follow baseball until 2015. That’s not me trolling, I sincerely believe that and it’s a fact. Read through their threads and you’ll see what I mean. They ask questions about playoff formats and basic rules of the game, stuff actual baseball fans like me learned as a child. No one gave a shit about the Astros when I was a kid. They had 2004 & 05 and that was it. Empty stadium for years and years, but now you see astro hats and jerseys everywhere. Yet they’ll point the finger and call other people bandwagon fans. It’s so stupid. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 12

50+ year old Astros fan here whose dad was actually born in the Bronx and grew up going to Yankees games.

My brother and I destroyed a few signed Mickey mantle and other famous baseballs in the street not knowing any better.

Helobious is a troll. Or a moron

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The guys I know here in Austin and Houston have been loyal to the franchise to a fault since i moved here 27 years ago.

You do know the game and your club, I’ll give you that hands down.  

For me it started in 1979. Been a serious Astros fan since probably long before Helo was even born. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

If you actually grew up in Texas you’d know that 80% of Astros fans didn’t follow baseball until 2015. That’s not me trolling, I sincerely believe that and it’s a fact. Read through their threads and you’ll see what I mean. They ask questions about playoff formats and basic rules of the game, stuff actual baseball fans like me learned as a child. No one gave a shit about the Astros when I was a kid. They had 2004 & 05 and that was it. Empty stadium for years and years, but now you see astro hats and jerseys everywhere. Yet they’ll point the finger and call other people bandwagon fans. It’s so stupid. 

^^^^^^
spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, wood said:

For me it started in 1979. Been a serious Astros fan since probably long before Helo was even born. 

Same year I hopped on the bandwagon. As a nine-year-old. 

Astros fandom went into dormancy during the huge tanking made necessary by McLane’s idiotic mismanagement but Astros fandom was strong for decades before that throughout this entire city. Helo is either trolling or foolishly misjudging the history of a 60 year old fan base from his vantage point hundreds of miles away as filtered thru a message board, during a single ten year window in time (2012-22, roughly) one that happens to capture the franchise at both its pinnacle and rock bottom. 

This idea that the Astros should have been packing MMP during the Great Tanking is laughable, not just as applied to Houston, but to any city, and in any sport. Would you pay to go see a movie intentionally made to be shit? Eat at a restaurant admittedly serving garbage? Of course not. But that was the price that had to be paid for this long run of greatness. 

• Hook 'Em 3

My boys and I admittedly went to $1 or $3 games during the 100 loss seasons. We most definitely went because of the opponent's talent.  However,  I wish I'd never lost my JR Richard glove I had as a kid. I grew up pulling for the Astros and Rangers( hail Jim Sundberg catchers mitt.)  Some of my Arlington buddies try to pull Helo's same fucking shit.

Have hated the Yankees the entire time.  Always will.

LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I've said this before in rebuttal to the claim of fans since 2015. There isn't a team that has fans packing the stadium when they lose 100+ games 3 years in a row. I've been with this team since 1980 when I was 3. Have ticket stubs from the dome. Pennants from the 80s. There are bandwagon fans yes, but again every team has those.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm one of those bandwagon Houston fans. I mean, I didn't start rooting for the team until Denis Menke, Larry Dierker, Joe Morgan, Jimmy Wynn, Doug Rader, Rusty Staub and Don Wilson were running around on that newfangled Astroturf. Not sure I can hang with these veteran Noo Yawk groupies. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

The Bandwagon filled up when the Astros kept dragging their nuts all over the Yankees.

This year will be no different. Altuve is your Daddy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, TexArcher said:

What about the Wild Card game in 2015?  Y'all were probably better then, too, yeah?

That was the only season outside of 2020 where the MFY had a better regular season. Strangely enough the year Helo claims they were clearly better they finished 10 games behind Houston.

All the Astro fans are already saying the WS title is a formality. They were heavy favorites in 19 & 21 too, you think they’d have learned not to count their chickens too soon by now. 

Looks very bleak for the yanks, but shit they should just play loose now. No one thought they’d get this far. The 1980 US hockey team had the odds stacked against them too, so did Buster Douglas. You never know what could happen. 

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

All the Astro fans are already saying the WS title is a formality. They were heavy favorites in 19 & 21 too, you think they’d have learned not to count their chickens too soon by now. 

Looks very bleak for the yanks, but shit they should just play loose now. No one thought they’d get this far. The 1980 US hockey team had the odds stacked against them too, so did Buster Douglas. You never know what could happen. 

Literally nobody on our thread is saying that you simpleton. That’s because we all know baseball that nothing is guaranteed. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

More fake Helo polls

Dude we keep getting stomped out by the NL East in the WS and the Phillies look to be the next squad that we would have to face if we get past NY....in no way is this wrapped up