2022 ALCS Yankees vs Astros

WBT

(Someone on your thread said) + (I imagine it’s a very widespread sentiment) = “All the Astros fans are saying”

GTFO with that shit   

Not a single Astro fan thinks this is in the bag.  We learned that lesson the hard way in 2019 and had it reinforced last year.  

That doesn’t mean we aren’t confident in the team.   On paper, the Astros match up favorably against all the remaining teams.  Not to mention that the Astros have a pretty positive playoff history against their current opponent.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

(Someone on your thread said) + (I imagine it’s a very widespread sentiment) = “All the Astros fans are saying”

Don't forget sportswriters predicting that the Yankees would break the all-time wins record and saying they were in a tier all by themselves = "No one thought they'd get this far."

^

Okay, I chuckled at the second dude doing martial arts in a grey members only jacket.  But I fucking lost it at the black dude with the nunchucks who goes barreling into what sounds like the craft services table.

What we talking about again?  Oh yeah, matchups favor Houston but I don't think anyone thinks this is a lock.  Baseball is a game of razor thin margins and you gotta string together 4 margin wins in 8 days.  She's a beast...

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

All the Astro fans are already saying the WS title is a formality.

Literally no one has said that.  

Thinking your team is the favorite is not the same thing as thinking they can't lose.  We all remember 2019 against a hot Nationals team.  But we are the favorite.

P.S. You sound like some TCU fan calling Longhorn fans arrogant.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Have to assume LeMahieu will replace Hicks on the roster after Game 5's Keystone Cops kerfuffle.

Peraza might get in there too, unlikely though despite him being way better than IKF. Locastro is a waste of a spot. Could just be DJL though if they add marinucchio to the bullpen. But the Yanks have 3 guys in the bullpen who they didn’t use at all in the DS, so maybe they don’t need 14 pitchers. 7 game series though with 3-7 all consecutive days you need max pitchers. And all that’s assuming if DJL is actually healthy enough to play. 

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

GTFO with that shit   

Not a single Astro fan thinks this is in the bag.  We learned that lesson the hard way in 2019 and had it reinforced last year.  

That doesn’t mean we aren’t confident in the team.   On paper, the Astros match up favorably against all the remaining teams.  Not to mention that the Astros have a pretty positive playoff history against their current opponent.   

Yep.Exactly. And he's probably referring to me saying yesterday that neither the Yankees nor the Guardians were looking too scary. Not exactly the same as "No team left is threatening". But you know ... Helobious is a moron.

Re: Nobody thinking the Yankees would get this far ... yeah, that's complete nonsense. Lots of people did, esp Yankees fans. But we DO know that Helobious said they'd never get this far after just one playoff loss in a series tied 1-1. Quit like the little bitch he is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Yep.Exactly. And he's probably referring to me saying yesterday that neither the Yankees nor the Guardians were looking too scary. Not exactly the same as "No team left is threatening". But you know ... Helobious is a moron.
Re: Nobody thinking the Yankees would get this far ... yeah, that's complete nonsense. Lots of people did, esp Yankees fans. But we DO know that Helobious said they'd never get this far after just one playoff loss in a series tied 1-1. Quit like the little bitch he is.
Yeah helo is a huge bandwagon twat and I can't imagine diehard Yankees fans tolerating his schtick. He's like greenspoint and the Texans, he exists only to shit on his team threads...
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Great pitching beats great hitting.  Astros in 6.

The Yankees hit .182 vs the Guardians and their superior staff and bullpen. Difference was while the guardians had to string together hits to score the Yankees could score on one swing. Out homered them 9 to 3. The whole “can’t rely on homers to score in the playoffs” myth died years ago. Teams know now that’s the most reliable way to score against better pitching. Even the Astros embrace that. I don’t expect the Yankees to crack a .200 BA this series. But if they can get timely homers they have a chance.

34 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The Yankees hit .182 vs the Guardians and their superior staff and bullpen. Difference was while the guardians had to string together hits to score the Yankees could score on one swing. Out homered them 9 to 3. The whole “can’t rely on homers to score in the playoffs” myth died years ago. Teams know now that’s the most reliable way to score against better pitching. Even the Astros embrace that. I don’t expect the Yankees to crack a .200 BA this series. But if they can get timely homers they have a chance.

Agree with this.. Astros pitchers have to game plan to keep the ball in the yard.. 

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

You've outdone yourself. Bravo, Helo! Bravo!

Any of y'all who are still wondering if Helobiuous is a troll only need to look at this brilliant bit of performance art right here.

To be fair, it is pretty remarkable how successful he is at trolling.  He's barely even baiting the hook, and a bunch of y'all are just going ahead and jumping right in the boat.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

ALDS out
Jake Meyers

ALCS in
Seth Martinez

I got my #1 wish with Smith left off bc Dusty WOULD use him. Was hoping Dubon would be left off just so there is zero chance of him having an AB, but looks like Dusty has been properly threatened he isn’t allowed to let Dubon hit. 

I will be there tonight.  Right Field. Collecting Yordan and Altuve bombs.

I think JV redeems himself on national stage vs Yanks.  Show everyone why he had a CY Young season.

Heard Aaron Hicks is out.  Random players like that seem to give us trouble...bye.

Edited by utxmike05
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

I will be there tonight.  Right Field. Collecting Yordan and Altuve bombs.

I think JV redeems himself on national stage vs Yanks.  Show everyone why he had a CY Young season.

Heard Aaron Hicks is out.  Random players like that seem to give us trouble...bye.

Hicks lost his starting job and was just out there so Cabrera could play short. With the season he had the only team he was giving trouble to this year was the Yankees. Sucks to see him get hurt but he’s far from a critical loss. We already have plenty of those with DJL, Benintendi, and our top 4 bullpen guys out. 

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

If you actually grew up in Texas you’d know that 80% of Astros fans didn’t follow baseball until 2015. That’s not me trolling, I sincerely believe that and it’s a fact. Read through their threads and you’ll see what I mean. They ask questions about playoff formats and basic rules of the game, stuff actual baseball fans like me learned as a child. No one gave a shit about the Astros when I was a kid. They had 2004 & 05 and that was it. Empty stadium for years and years, but now you see astro hats and jerseys everywhere. Yet they’ll point the finger and call other people bandwagon fans. It’s so stupid. 

Calling other people bandwagon fans when you're literally a Yankees fan in Texas is just a joke that writes itself.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Hicks lost his starting job and was just out there so Cabrera could play short. With the season he had the only team he was giving trouble to this year was the Yankees. Sucks to see him get hurt but he’s far from a critical loss. We already have plenty of those with DJL, Benintendi, and our top 4 bullpen guys out. 

Sarcastic Spongebob Squarepants GIF

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

Counterpoint:  The Astros allowed the second fewest HRs in the league this year.

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

To be fair, it is pretty remarkable how successful he is at trolling.  He's barely even baiting the hook, and a bunch of y'all are just going ahead and jumping right in the boat.  

I mean seriously.  How does everyone not understand that Helo is not the fucking dumbass, fair weather fan that he portrays on a daily basis in the baseball board. I too stan Helo.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yankee fans won't admit it but you can see right through the fog of their false bravado: They are terrified of losing again to the Astros and know they won't ever be able to live it down if they get kicked in the nuts again and bounced from the postseason by Black Hats in Htown. 

I mean, I'm admittedly very very nervous about losing to NYY but pretty confident in the Astros talent. But anything can happen, duh. 

Would rather lose to Cleveland but would much rather WIN against the Yankees. And I think Yankees fans were saying the same thing before the Astros swept the Ms. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1