What the fuck is wrong with you, Houston? Non-CR thread

crash_davis

The beauty of Texas law is that you are allowed to use deadly force against a person if they are fleeing with property they have stolen from you at night and you have no reasonable means of recovering it by any other means. So, if this jackass took money/property from the shooter, he was justified in shooting the guy in the back regardless of whether whether the shooter was/felt threatened with serious bodily injury, etc.  This needs to be expanded to daytime thefts also. 

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I read an article later where the Taqueria announced it would close for 30 minutes to clean up and then be back open. 

Mexican work ethic.  Love it.

Big deal. If it were an NFL game they’d have a 5 minute smoke break and get back to it.

• Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

Couldn't decide if this went here or the FAFO thread

The Christian thing to say is, I’m sorry this young man made some mistakes and lost his life because of it.

The CoH resident in me says I hope this discourages shitbirds from sticking guns in people’s faces. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

He'd be a lot better off had he not sent that coup de grace a few second late.  But agreed, FAFO in real time. 

This is also a good time to remind people that if you put a gun in someone’s face, you better make damn sure not to turn your back to them. 

If that was a LEO surly would have already convicted him and hoped for him to be butt raped in prison.

I don’t have esq. after my name, but that last shot should either make it murder, or at least abuse of a corpse, so felony charges are warranted.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

Model citizen ….

On Monday, the medical examiner identified Eric Eugene Washington as the robbery suspect who was shot and killed.

Records show Washington had an extensive criminal history and was out on bond at the time of the robbery.

Washington was sentenced to 15 years in prison in 2015 for an aggravated robbery, which was pleaded down from capital murder for the 2013 robbery and murder of 62-year-old Hamid Waraich, records show. He was released on parole in 2021 and charged with assaulting his girlfriend in 2022, according to records.

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Model citizen ….

On Monday, the medical examiner identified Eric Eugene Washington as the robbery suspect who was shot and killed.

Records show Washington had an extensive criminal history and was out on bond at the time of the robbery.

Washington was sentenced to 15 years in prison in 2015 for an aggravated robbery, which was pleaded down from capital murder for the 2013 robbery and murder of 62-year-old Hamid Waraich, records show. He was released on parole in 2021 and charged with assaulting his girlfriend in 2022, according to records.

ThisisAmericaHarrisCounty.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

He’s going to wind up in prison. Walked over to the POS and finished him off with a shot to the head after he was down.

the last shot was too much, but well deserved

i hope he hired a good lawyer. he needs to start a fund raising page  

The robber was technically dead before the last shot probably, so does the last shot really count on a murder charge?

This is the only actual legal defense the shooter has. But if he accelerated the death by even a millisecond with that final shot, that is unquestionably a murder. The need for defense, defense of others, or defense of property had long passed. That was just an extrajudicial execution at that point.

I’m also fairly certain he’ll walk because there’s nothing Texans love more than a good old fashioned lynching.
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

This is the only actual legal defense the shooter has. But if he accelerated the death by even a millisecond with that final shot, that is unquestionably a murder. The need for defense, defense of others, or defense of property had long passed. That was just an extrajudicial execution at that point.

I’m also fairly certain he’ll walk because there’s nothing Texans love more than a good old fashioned lynching.

Lynching? Really?

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

The motherfucker was menacing and robbing these people at gunpoint and got what he deserved. Justifiably by law.

Of course, the shooter had no knowledge that THE ROBBER HAD PREVIOUSLY KILLED A SHOP OWNER 10 YEARS EARLIER DURING AN AGGRAVATED ROBBERY, but that fact only appears to amplify that the shooter’s instinct to eliminate the threat was correct.

The DA declined to press charges and instead referred it to a Grand Jury. And you are right - he will most likely walk. As he should, in my opinion.

It wasn’t murder, it was homicide.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/taqueria-shooter-questioned-released/285-20e66d3c-8568-42e5-ada2-826b60053220

HOUSTON — The Houston Police Department said homicide investigators questioned the customer who shot and killed a man who robbed a southwest Houston restaurant last week.

On Monday, a day after an attorney claiming to represent the customer said his client was ready to talk, HPD said that the 46-year-old man was questioned by homicide detectives. He was not arrested or charged and his name was not released

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Lynching? Really?
Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.
The motherfucker was menacing and robbing these people at gunpoint and got what he deserved. Justifiably by law.
Of course, the shooter had no knowledge that THE ROBBER HAD PREVIOUSLY KILLED A SHOP OWNER 10 YEARS EARLIER DURING AN AGGRAVATED ROBBERY, but that fact only appears to amplify that the shooter’s instinct to eliminate the threat was correct.
The DA declined to press charges and instead referred it to a Grand Jury. And you are right - he will most likely walk. As he should, in my opinion.
It wasn’t murder, it was homicide.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/taqueria-shooter-questioned-released/285-20e66d3c-8568-42e5-ada2-826b60053220

HOUSTON — The Houston Police Department said homicide investigators questioned the customer who shot and killed a man who robbed a southwest Houston restaurant last week.
On Monday, a day after an attorney claiming to represent the customer said his client was ready to talk, HPD said that the 46-year-old man was questioned by homicide detectives. He was not arrested or charged and his name was not released

What do you call an extrajudicial execution if not a lynching?
  • Fuck You 2

21 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

He'd be a lot better off had he not sent that coup de grace a few second late.  But agreed, FAFO in real time. 

Yeah.  He should not have done that.   Guy may have been dead regardless.  State would have to prove that he wouldn’t have died but for the last shot or two beyond a reasonable doubt, right?  I’m not a criminal lawyer and have not studied the penal code in 20 years.  

Go to the pistol waving would be robber’s funeral and weep for his stupid ass.  

Dude showed up at a tiny little taqueria to do an armed robbery on some small hand to mouth business full of workaday patrons.   

He got shot dead for his efforts.  

He knew the risks.  

He lost. 

Don’t do armed robberies. 

I know this is a controversial take with you inbred fucks but I’m actually anti-murder across the board, even if the victim is a piece of shit.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

It really would have helped the shooter out if the security camera had malfunctioned.  Guess that only happens with the cops' body cams though.

Back when Harris county was rigging grand jury's with ex-cop ringers to push things the way they wanted, the guy would have walked.  I'm not sure about these days.

Edited by WBT

The would be robber was not murdered.   

Unless he was already dead before the final shot, this was questionably murder, without justification, under Texas law.

There is no legitimate argument that the final shot was immediately necessary to protect himself or others from unlawful force nor is there any legitimate argument that the final shot was immediately necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a robbery or his fleeing.

There is also absolutely no question that the first four shots were justified.

The only real grey areas here, legally or factually, are whether the second group of shots was justified and when exactly in the series of shots did he actually die.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Yeah.  He should not have done that.   Guy may have been dead regardless.  State would have to prove that he wouldn’t have died but for the last shot or two beyond a reasonable doubt, right?  I’m not a criminal lawyer and have not studied the penal code in 20 years.  

Sorry, you have no credibility.  I quote:

"Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in front of a full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Guy by the jukebox is right in the line of fire when the first shots are taken.

Maybe.  Depends on angle.

Dead guy was also pointing his "gun" at another customer at the time of the shot.

I think the state will have a hard time proving the last coup de grace was a killing shot.

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Dead guy was also pointing his "gun" at another customer at the time of the shot.

I think the state will have a hard time proving the last coup de grace was a killing shot.

He wasn’t pointing his gun at anybody when he was shot in the head. Which is sort of the legal point.   It’s like a guy who breaks in your house with a gun and says he’s going to kill you. When you go for your gun and he gets scared and drops his gun and runs out the door, you can’t shoot him at the end of your driveway as he’s running away.  The whole rationale supporting that legal defense is you are protecting your life, or the life of others at the time of the shoot.

What if he waited five minutes and then shot him in the head? What if he waited one hour then shot him in the head?  The reason that would be a problem is not because it was 15 seconds versus five minutes versus an hour - the problem is if a reasonable person would say that the shot guy is no longer a threat, then you can’t kill him and claim self-defense. 

Whether someone convicts is one thing. Charging him with a criminal offense is not a great leap at all under the facts as shown in the video.   he had a right to shoot the robber for sure. He just watched too many damn John Wick movies.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

This piece of shit was involved in a murder in 2015. So naturally, Harris County let’s him out early to terrorize his community. Morons. 

Tell me you don't know how our criminal justice system works without telling me you don't know how our criminal justice system works.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

In normal counties I know how it works. Your guess is as good as mine in that shitty county.

Most likely young Mr. Washington wasn’t in the Harris County jail when he was released back into society but was, at that point, an inmate in one of TDCJ’s state prison units and off of Harris County’s books.   

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Most likely young Mr. Washington wasn’t in the Harris County jail when he was released back into society but was, at that point, an inmate in one of TDCJ’s state prison units and off of Harris County’s books.   

Maybe from the assault charge, I’m not sure where he did his 6 years (out of 15), but not the family violence charge stemming from last month. The guy was a menace.