What the fuck is wrong with you, Houston? Non-CR thread

crash_davis

3 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

This piece of shit was involved in a murder in 2015. So naturally, Harris County let’s him out early to terrorize his community. Morons. 

He was paroled in 2021. Harris County had nothing to do with this. You can make your complaints regarding his parole to the Texas Board of Parole and Pardons. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

He was paroled in 2021. Harris County had nothing to do with this. You can make your complaints regarding his parole to the Texas Board of Parole and Pardons. 

He pled out of a murder charge in 2015, that’s their fault. My bigger issue is how this felon is still on the streets after violently attacking a family member since his release. It shouldn’t be up to random guys with guns to do their fucking job for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

He pled out of a murder charge in 2015, that’s their fault. My bigger issue is how this felon is still on the streets after violently attacking a family member since his release. It shouldn’t be up to random guys with guns to do their fucking job for them. 

You're blaming Harris County for a getting a 15 year conviction and not the State entity for paroling him 6 years into that sentence? Gee, I can't imagine why. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

You're blaming Harris County for a getting a 15 year conviction and not the State entity for paroling him 6 years into that sentence? Gee, I can't imagine why. 

15 years (6 actually served) is a fucking joke for murdering someone.  Obviously, his rehabilitation didn't take. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

No, the feelings crowd won and now we all get to enjoy the results. 

The guy that consistently shows his ass, refuses to acknowledge when he's clearly wrong, and bases all of his arguments completely on his own emotions calling anyone else the "feelings crowd" is fucking rich.

• Hook 'Em 9

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/woman-found-decapitated/285-dac2ba50-2f37-4d8a-a6d1-6f02440833b7

TLDR: Couple was married in Oct 2022. They lived in a house behind his parent's house. She was working two jobs to help pay for her mom's cancer treatment back home in Nicaragua. Cops say prior calls of a disturbance were made from the home.

She has been identified as Anggy Diaz, 21. Her husband, Jared James Dicus, has been charged with her death, Waller County Sheriff Troy Guidry confirmed. 

Deputies were called to the home on Oak Hollow just before 4:30 p.m. in response to a dead woman. When they arrived at the scene, they found Diaz inside the couple's small home behind his parents' home.

Guidry said it appears that a kitchen knife was used in the killing of Diaz. He also said there were prior calls of a disturbance made from the home but "nothing to this effect or level of violence."

"That’s the world we live in today. It’s a gruesome scene," Guidry said. "Both sides of these families will be altered by it."

Diaz's friends told KHOU 11 she was from Nicaragua and was working two jobs to try and pay for her mother's cancer treatment back home.

Her coworkers described her as a young woman full of joy and said she was always smiling.

Credit: WCSO

The sheriff's office said Jared James Dicus was charged with murder after his wife was found decapitated inside their Waller County home.

The sheriff said Diaz’s head appeared to have been cut off and her headless body was left inside the house.

Dicus remained at the home until deputies arrived. He and the family were taken in for questioning and he later confessed to the killing, according to detectives. This remains an ongoing investigation.

Diaz's friends told KHOU 11 she was from Nicaragua and was working two jobs to try and pay for her mother's cancer treatment back home.

Her coworkers described her as a young woman full of joy and said she was always smiling.

Diaz and Dicus had just gotten married in October 2022 after they met at her job. Her friends said they could tell something wasn't right after the wedding, but never expected it to end in this way.

“She was happy, very happy with her husband," Diaz's boss, Veronica Jimenez, said. "But there were days when she was different. She was tired but I wasn’t sure if she was tired because of her job or because of her relationship.”

Surveillance video from the store where she worked appears to show Dicus pulling up in the parking lot around 11:40 a.m. on the day she was found dead. He walked into the store, grabbed a beer and left without paying, the video shows. In the parking lot, he appears to be seen opening the beer, taking a sip and driving away.

Victim and maniac

5-promos-a-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=6f88d1cd

• Rage+1 1

I guess we know who won't be mayor now.

‘Should be held accountable’: Prosecutor, attorney weigh in following court appearance of Missouri City officer accused of assaulting fiancé
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/01/12/should-be-held-accountable-prosecutor-attorney-weigh-in-following-court-appearance-of-missouri-city-officer-accused-of-assaulting-fiance/

Taco shop dead robber's family wants the shooter charged with at least a misdemeanor. I wonder if the mother cried and felt as bad for the dead armed robbery victim her son and his buddies shot in 2013? Thieving is dangerous business.

• Like 2

Taco shop dead robber's family wants the shooter charged with at least a misdemeanor. I wonder if the mother cried and felt as bad for the dead armed robbery victim her son and his buddies shot in 2013? Thieving is dangerous business.

I guess we know why her son wasn't shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Shit, all you can do is laugh it off at this point..

According to court documents, the DA's Office wanted Taylor jailed with no bond or a high bond, because he's accused of holding the victim in his car for several days and repeatedly choking her and beating her.

"He's charged with two serious violent offenses," Kahan said.

232nd Criminal District Court Judge Josh Hill made Friday the 13th a lucky day for Taylor. He granted him an unheard of bond amount.

"A dollar bill," said Kahan. "Since there were two cases, a 2-dollar bill."

"I have never seen that before," said criminal defense attorney Emily Detoto. "In fact, when you first told me about it, I thought you were joking

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/judge-sets-1-bond-for-43-year-old-repeat-offender-accused-of-kidnapping-beating-woman

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

That piece of shit judge is a Longhorn, unbelievable. 

Pre conviction detention should not be the norm. The bond amount is low, but the purpose of the bond is supposed to be assurance that the person returns to court. One could argue that his 8 prior convictions are evidence that he will.

Those seeking justice should look for it after conviction, not before it.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Pre conviction detention should not be the norm. The bond amount is low, but the purpose of the bond is supposed to be assurance that the person returns to court. One could argue that his 8 prior convictions are evidence that he will.

Well one could argue that after 8 prior convictions, he shouldn't be out on the street, ever. Maybe a really high bond or lack therefore can be a small means to that end.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Well one could argue that after 8 prior convictions, he shouldn't be out on the street, ever. Maybe a really high bond or lack therefore can be a small means to that end.

Maybe he shouldn't be on the street. I presume the state released him early multiple times and never served anywhere near his original sentences. And maybe his other sentences should be hirer. That still shouldn't trump innocent before proven guilty for this offense. But of course I understand a lot of people only believe in innocent before proven guilty when they are the ones accused. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Maybe he shouldn't be on the street. I presume the state released him early multiple times and never served anywhere near his original sentences. And maybe his other sentences should be hirer. That still shouldn't trump innocent before proven guilty for this offense. But of course I understand a lot of people only believe in innocent before guilty when they are the ones accused. 

I agree with you on principle. After 8 times, the onus should be on the asshole to prove that he's not guilty.

Recidivism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I’m sure the woman that was kidnapped and beaten for days appreciates your stance on Harris County justice.