What the fuck is wrong with you, Houston? Non-CR thread

crash_davis

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

“Why would they let a violent habitual offender out for 1 dollar?” 

Totally normal people: 

“you hate the constitution!”

The Constitution:

"No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence."

Poe:

"anyone that I don't like that is accused of a crime should be jailed before any presentation of evidence to a jury."

Bond isn't supposed to be punishment. It is supposed to ensure appearance at trial. If you believe otherwise, then you do not believe in the Constitution. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

The Constitution:

"No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence."

Poe:

"anyone that I don't like that is accused of a crime should be jailed before any presentation of evidence to a jury."

Bond isn't supposed to be punishment. It is supposed to ensure appearance at trial. If you believe otherwise, then you do not believe in the Constitution. 

We no longer have speedy trials, as these convictions take years. In the meantime, we have smart judges like Josh that make sure these pieces of shit add to their victim count. 

39 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Like being a Longhorn is a standard. Our shitty governor is a Longhorn.

He’s a genius compared to Josh. 

10 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

We no longer have speedy trials, as these convictions take years. In the meantime, we have smart judges like Josh that make sure these pieces of shit add to their victim count.  

The loss of one right means we have to lose another? 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1

What everyone in Texas already knows.

Dirtiest city in America?

Houston: We got this!

https://www.fox4news.com/news/houston-tops-list-of-2023s-dirtiest-city-in-america

2023 Dirtiest Cities in America

1. Houston, Texas

2. Newark, New Jersey

3. San Bernardino, California

4. Detroit, Michigan

5. Jersey City, New Jersey

6. Bakersfield, California

7. San Antonio, Texas

8. Fresno, California

9. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

10. Yonkers, New York

https://www.fox4news.com/news/houston-tops-list-of-2023s-dirtiest-city-in-america
1. Houston, Texas
2. Newark, New Jersey
4. Detroit, Michigan
7. San Antonio, Texas
8. Fresno, California
10. Yonkers, New York

It's all the ilimmigrants from Louisiana.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:45 AM, crash_davis said:

1. Houston, Texas

2. Newark, New Jersey

4. Detroit, Michigan

7. San Antonio, Texas

8. Fresno, California

10. Yonkers, New York

Oakland residents looking at this list:

fans GIF

You people give a shit about a “study” put out by a company called lawnstarter?  A study that measures such items as:

Pollution        

Annual Excess Fuel Consumption (Gallons per Auto Commuter)        
Percentage of Smokers        
Living Conditions        
Population Density (Residents per Square Mile)        
Share of Overcrowded Homes        

Infrastructure        
Tons of Waste in Landfills per 100,000 Residents        
Rating of State Waste Regulations and Measures        
Refuse and Recycling Collectors per 100,000 Residents        
Alternative-Fuel Stations per 100,000 Residents        
Number of Junk Yards        
Consumer Satisfaction        
Share of Residents Who Find City Dirty and Untidy        
Share of Residents Dissatisfied with Pollution        
Share of Residents Dissatisfied with Garbage Disposal        
Share of Residents Dissatisfied with Greenery and Parks
Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://abc13.com/amp/missing-man-houston-gerald-martin-iii-shot-to-death-1700-tc-jester-boulevard/12750422/

This is going to be a story soon. HPD found one dead guy shot to death. Put out an APB for the other guy that owned the house that the dead guy was found in.  Put out a statement that they need help trying to find him and to turn him in. Find the second guy a week later in the trunk of the car that they impounded because they forgot to open the trunk. Drug deals. Cartel. Shit show. Local news went silent last week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

How it started:

https://houstonfamilymagazine.com/i-am-houston/hayim-cohen-bright-light/

Hayim Cohen: Bright Light

We first heard about Hayim when his 16-year-old adopted son, Avshalom, wrote to tell us his father is “the most amazing person on this planet,” and that he considers Hayim to be his hero. In his early 20s, a single Hasidic Jew, Hayim adopted Avshalom and his brother Avichai. The family has since grown to include four more children, all flourishing in faith, culture, and a lifestyle that celebrates creating good deeds for a brighter future.

How it's going:

Harris County adoptive father of 9 arrested after son accused him of sexual abuse on podcast

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Cruising the bissonnet track looking for people and things to photograph and nearly saw someone get shot. I had just passed by, did a short loop and when I passed by again, dead guy on the ground. Not sure if I should post the pics or not.

Playing possum. 

On 1/30/2023 at 4:42 AM, GoPokes83 said:

Hey, Katrina was only 18 years ago, it’s still not safe to go back!

And they’re not going back. BUT they’ll keep rooting for LSU and send their sons and daughters back for athletics. 

Whenever I read a recruiting interview of a Houston kid and he drops “family in Louisiana”, I immediately start writing him off. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I will say, from a place of privilege, i don’t see myself stressed as outlined in that study. Well maybe a little on the commute because Houston highways and drivers are no joke. What stresses me out is the rapid fluctuations in my industry (O&G). You never know when shit is going to hit the fan and be out of a job.

But yeah, Houston sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/23/2023 at 7:45 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

What’s happening in Fallujah-I mean Gunspoint this morning? Ldogg take hostages at work? Glad I didn’t stay at that job in that shithole last summer.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/03/23/major-interagency-operation-underway-in-houstons-greenspoint-area/

I worked for a summer as a cart boy at World Houston, a course in Gunspoint. I found a gun, needles, and was nearly stabbed twice. I can only imagine what’s happening outside of the golf course. 

7 hours ago, crash_davis said:

We finally now know what's wrong with youston. It's the most stressful city to work in. All that stress makes people stupid.

https://www.llc.org/most-stressful-cities-for-workers/

Texas cities dominate the list 

They say it’s 10 cities in the top 30, and I’m not going to dispute that based on their findings. 

But I look at that list and in some ways it’s Houston, San Antonio, El Paso, Brownsville, Corpus Christi and then 5 cities in the DFW metro area. 

Which does nothing to dispute whatever point is being made regarding the stress of living/working in Texas. Based on their criteria I have no doubt it is. But 5 cities in the same core area plus 5 cities in disparate areas around the state doesn’t mean 10 cities in the top 30 in the same way the authors of the survey seem to be conveying. For me it’s more accurate to say Texas has 6 of the top 30 metro areas in the country that are the most stressful places to live in the country. Not exactly overwhelming praise, but a little more accurate, IMO. 

I worked for a summer as a cart boy at World Houston, a course in Gunspoint. I found a gun, needles, and was nearly stabbed twice. I can only imagine what’s happening outside of the golf course. 

It’s pretty insane over there. I worked very briefly in the building next to the Hilton. I was talking to a coworker and he said he saw someone get shot while he was sitting at a red light.

Oh, and it ended up being a hostage situation. No biggie.