2022-2023 Dallas Mavericks season thread: Luka's first MVP

RexWilson

Why are our dumbass fans chanting MVP with Luka at the line? He doesn't need any distractions at the line

He’s actually been good this year from the line. I suspect as his 3% gets better his FT% will get worse. Or he may have turned a corner
It's insane how many 2nd half double digit leads we have blown 

I know right? They’ve played 8 clutch games despite having double digit leads late in almost all of them.

They’ve only played 9 games. Lmfao.

ALSO can’t wait for this team to stop starting in a hole by starting McGee. He was literally the reason they started down 15-6 or something like that.

Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to give more minutes to Green and less to bullock until his shot comes around(he has a track record of staring slow and picking up by January)
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:08 PM, Cornpop said:

It's insane how many 2nd half double digit leads we have blown 

i think we've had double digits lead in the 4th in every single game we've played this year.  

tipoff for today got moved to 4:30pm central.  they're trying to get this played and our players out before nicole hits.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

i think we've had double digits lead in the 4th in every single game we've played this year.  

tipoff for today got moved to 4:30pm central.  they're trying to get this played and our players out before nicole hits.

I’m too lazy to dig into it and get actual data, but Luka sitting out the first sixish minutes of every 4th quarter probably has something to do with it.

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m too lazy to dig into it and get actual data, but Luka sitting out the first sixish minutes of every 4th quarter probably has something to do with it.

for a couple of those games yes, but he was on the floor for most of those games where a double-digit lead got cut to 2 or 3. 

3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Thanks for the info. I just got a notification 10 min or so ago and was wondering wtf with the 4:30 start

this is a weird team.  had a good first half.  we were up by 22 to start the 3rd quarter, then the usual 2nd half implosion.  clips actually came back to lead by 3.  reggie saved us last night with all four of his three pointers coming in the fourth.  luka had three points in the 4th quarter which came from some luka magic-  he secured a loose ball and heaved a desperation 3 pointer with the shot clock running out.  timmy went 0 for everything.  

The rotations are frustrating. Give Wood more minutes/start him. None of our centers are great defensively so go with the one that does the most on offense.

Give Hardy some minutes during games like Houston or Denver when their best players are out. Stop moving him up from G league to not play him.

At this point, Wood has no incentive to resign with the team. THJ has been garbage most nights. The narrative of Bullock starts slowly is bullshit. His shooting has been way beyond a slow start.

• Like 1

gross.  brunson's value wasn't his point total, it was his ability to play with luka and get everybody involved.  we've all played pickup on that one team where there's a guy playing heroball.  think how motivated you were to defend or go after boards when that happened (you're not).  when you're relegated to sitting at the 3 point line waiting your turn to get the ball you won't be effective as a team.  kidd of all people should know this.  he was one of the best ever at doing this.