bitterwhiteguy is quitting writing because chris beard is killing his joy

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

He un-retired for a day so he could rank TCU ahead of evil Chris Beard.

that's hilarious.

kenpom: Texas is no.2 in the country in AdjEm

bitterwhiteguy: Texas is a third tier team in its conference, hardly discernible from iowa state

now that digdogger and whoootex are gone i think bwg makes me belly laugh more than anyone else in the longhorn webisphere. holy shit that's funny.

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

that's hilarious.

kenpom: Texas is no.2 in the country in AdjEm

bitterwhiteguy: Texas is a third tier team in its conference, hardly discernible from iowa state

now that digdogger and whoootex are gone i think bwg makes me belly laugh more than anyone else in the longhorn webisphere. holy shit that's funny.

He actually said almost verbatim he would have enjoyed the Arky scrimmage more if Arterio wasn't playing. 

He's like Skip Bayless level except he isn't on TV and being paid $8 million a year. 

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

He actually said almost verbatim he would have enjoyed the Arky scrimmage more if Arterio wasn't playing. 

He's like Skip Bayless level except he isn't on TV and being paid $8 million a year. 

I have questions about Arterio Morris but doubt I could get objective ones here. Some of the things that came to light were absolutely psychotic. It's extremely troubling to me that it is seemingly being ignored.

However, I realize that might be just me being paranoid because of my life experience. BWG seems to be just using it as a weapon against Beard and that's just as gross to me. He might genuinely care but it's not really Beard's decision so using it as a bludgeon against him doesn't make sense.

Nevertheless...what would you say if he was currently playing for say...Baylor? I know what I would say if he was playing for Tech.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

I have questions about Arterio Morris but doubt I could get objective ones here. Some of the things that came to light were absolutely psychotic. It's extremely troubling to me that it is seemingly being ignored.

However, I realize that might be just me being paranoid because of my life experience. BWG seems to be just using it as a weapon against Beard and that's just as gross to me. He might genuinely care but it's not really Beard's decision so using it as a bludgeon against him doesn't make sense.

Nevertheless...what would you say if he was currently playing for say...Baylor? I know what I would say if he was playing for Tech.

I mean, what did he do? As far as Tech and Baylor I don't give a shit about those teams nor follow them so I would have said nothing. 

If Beard and UT have it under control then I'm assuming that there's a fairly reasonable explanation that doesn't make him out to be a piece of shit that they've settled on. 

I mean, fuck it? I'm cool with it?

I didn't go to Texas anyway. 

29 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

If he was playing for another team I don't care for, I'd be ripping into them. But mostly because I wouldn't care about the specifics and just want an excuse to bludgeon them.

The problem is the things that came to light are from one woman's social media posts that she's since taken down and has no desire to comment on further. There is one documentable, actionable item against Arterio Morris. He did in fact pull her bra so hard it left a laceration from her bra strap. When the police arrived they asked him if he had touched his ex girlfriend. He denied it. She pointed out the laceration. The police asked him if he caused it. He agreed he might have "on accident." That was enough to earn him a rightful trip to jail for misdemeanor assault. It's all contained in the police report written upon his arrest.

I'm also concerned by the fact this is an 18 year old dating a woman 5 years older than him at an age where that matters a lot in terms of life perspective. He proposed to her while in high school, and she laughed at him. He persisted in insisting to people they were engaged, according to her. His mother insisted they should keep dating one another even when they were struggling with their relationship. None of that dynamic sounds even a little bit healthy to me. That's not to put the blame on her. That's to put the blame on everyone around this situation. 

Let's not pretend like this is going away. There are going to be signs in every Big 12 conference arena, with plenty of loud jeering from the student section aimed at getting under his skin. At some point he's going to have some kind of media availability, and he's going to be asked about it. Probably multiple times. Possibly into his pro career. There's always the chance he acts in a similar way with someone else. Even if that's 5 years from now this will be brought back up as evidence of persistent behavior towards women. This will follow him for the rest of his life. No doubt about it.

I'm interested in seeing if he can confess to any kind of humility around the experience. I'm not looking for some admission of guilt. Just some kind of vague expression of lessons were learned, as opposed to a defensive mindset that people are out to get me. 

When it first came out I wanted him kicked off the team immediately. As I read more into it and followed up more with the girl's social media account I became more alarmed at the entire relationship. Once she chose to take it all down and apparently not press charges it became obvious to me that the only thing Morris was going to be held accountable for were his actions at her apartment, that he'd been let into by her younger sister who had no idea they were even breaking up. What he did there is simply not enough to automatically get kicked off the team, even if it all showed exceedingly poor judgement and a woefully inappropriate response to rejection. 

If other people want to judge him based on the rest of her posts I think that's up to each person. I do. I find many of his actions as reported by her highly questionable and even concerning. I sure hope he doesn't repeat any of it while at Texas, or after he's gone.

But an institution shouldn't be unilaterally kicking people out because of things posted on social media without something else backing it up. That's not going to be forthcoming in this particular instance, mostly because the former girlfriend wants to move on with her life. She doesn't even want what she posted up previously to remain available online. 

Edited by SL Xpress
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

If he was playing for another team I don't care for, I'd be ripping into them. But mostly because I wouldn't care about the specifics and just want an excuse to bludgeon them.

The problem is the things that came to light are from one woman's social media posts that she's since taken down and has no desire to comment on further. There is one documentable, actionable item against Arterio Morris. He did in fact pull her bra so hard it left a laceration from her bra strap. When the police arrived they asked him if he had touched his ex girlfriend. He denied it. She pointed out the laceration. The police asked him if he caused it. He agreed he might have "on accident." That was enough to earn him a rightful trip to jail for misdemeanor assault. It's all contained in the police report written upon his arrest.

I'm also concerned by the fact this is an 18 year old dating a woman 5 years older than him at an age where that matters a lot in terms of life perspective. He proposed to her while in high school, and she laughed at him. He persisted in insisting to people they were engaged, according to her. His mother insisted they should keep dating one another even when they were struggling with their relationship. None of that dynamic sounds even a little bit healthy to me. That's not to put the blame on her. That's to put the blame on everyone around this situation. 

Let's not pretend like this is going away. There are going to be signs in every Big 12 conference arena, with plenty of loud jeering from the student section aimed at getting under his skin. At some point he's going to have some kind of media availability, and he's going to be asked about it. Probably multiple times. Possibly into his pro career. There's always the chance he acts in a similar way with someone else. Even if that's 5 years from now this will be brought back up as evidence of persistent behavior towards women. This will follow him for the rest of his life. No doubt about it.

I'm interested in seeing if he can confess to any kind of humility around the experience. I'm not looking for some admission of guilt. Just some kind of vague expression of lessons were learned, as opposed to a defensive mindset that people are out to get me. 

When it first came out I wanted him kicked off the team immediately. As I read more into it and followed up more with the girl's social media account I became more alarmed at the entire relationship. Once she chose to take it all down and apparently not press charges it became obvious to me that the only thing Morris was going to be held accountable for were his actions at her apartment, that he'd been let into by her younger sister who had no idea they were even breaking up. What he did there is simply not enough to automatically get kicked off the team, even if it all showed exceedingly poor judgement and a woefully inappropriate response to rejection. 

If other people want to judge him based on the rest of her posts I think that's up to each person. But an institution shouldn't be unilaterally kicking people out because of things posted on social media without something else backing it up. That's not going to be forthcoming in this particular instance, mostly because the former girlfriend wants to move on with her life. She doesn't even want what she posted up previously to remain available online. 

Yeah but he's nice.

We don't need to relitigate this, we've all said our piece and then some in the other thread, I'm just saying BWG using it as a bludgeon against anyone is gross. EVEN IF HE'S RIGHT to think Morris shouldn't be on the team, there's a right way to use your platform to draw attention to something and a wrong way.

Doing this unintentionally undermines the potential seriousness of something like domestic violence by making it about a sportsball grievance against a coach you don't like. You basically guarantee no one will take the situation seriously by approaching it the way he is.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

We don't need to relitigate this, we've all said our piece and then some in the other thread, I'm just saying BWG using it as a bludgeon against anyone is gross. EVEN IF HE'S RIGHT to think Morris shouldn't be on the team, there's a right way to use your platform to draw attention to something and a wrong way.

Doing this unintentionally undermines the potential seriousness of something like domestic violence by making it about a sportsball grievance against a coach you don't like. You basically guarantee no one will take the situation seriously by approaching it the way he is.

I'm unconvinced bwg has much of a platform any more. 

Personally, I'm glad he's still posting. He creates a ton of activity. This board needs all the college basketball activity it can get as far as I'm concerned. I'm a lot more interested in posting about why someone else is a complete idiot than I am about why I completely agree with another poster. 

And again, I repeat, this isn't going away just because we commented on it in another thread. That's not how any of this works. 

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Dude you reach a lot to stay on topic here. 

I don't see any of us sweating this. I mean you're throwing a lot of words out here to not really say anything. 

Arterio on the squad. Texas fans are riding with him. That's it. 

Are the Tech boards that bad? 

I'm saying while I consider the situation serious, and it's fine for a writer like BWG to openly criticize the Morris situation, I think BWG is just pretending to take it seriously in order to use it to beef with Beard. Even if he isn't pretending, it's still not ok.

Not sure how that's even a little ambiguous but you do you fam I guess?

Not sure how any of that is reaching and I'm not sure why your gash is bleeding over opposing team fans posting on "your" board again.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Dude you reach a lot to stay on topic here. 

I don't see any of us sweating this. I mean you're throwing a lot of words out here to not really say anything. 

Arterio on the squad. Texas fans are riding with him. That's it. 

Are the Tech boards that bad? 

Why are you jumping up Fantana's ass?  He's reasonable.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He's literally making it a campaign. He's such a slut about it, too. He'll attach himself to anyone who will give him an audience. And there's going to be plenty of folks in the Big 12 who will. Some Texas Tech site is about to make him one of their featured writers (that's not inside scoop - just my guess).

How long ago did he say he was going to give up writing about Texas basketball? A week? He now has his life's purpose in front of him. To help galvanize some kind of opposition against Arterio Morris and by extension Chris Beard. 

He's going to give a great deal of pleasure to opposing fans while tilting at this windmill. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What a cowardly shit. @Bitterwhiteguy won't show his face around here anymore, but will run to an Arkansas board to spew his bitch-ass drivel.

Starting to find some credibility to the theory Beard stole his girlfriend or lunch money back in the day. @Brian Fantana was right that he doesn't really give a shit about Morris, or the girl, or the actual facts. He's just using it as a convenient cudgel against Beard.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

gabe muoneke wouldn't stop punching people during ncaa basketball games; jason klotz was slamming his tiny little girlfriend's head into a car window while he was playing here; j'covan brown's list of just terrible and often violent behavior is longer than my leg; tevin mack was such a violent asshole that shaka smart kicked him off the team. it's weird how none of those guys and their exploits did anything to ruin bwg's enjoyment of texas basketball. arterio morris has a toxic relationship with some grown ass woman who essentially mentally abusing this kid (not that he's completely innocent- he still pulled her by her bra and brandished a gun in a video message) and now this dude wants to run over to an ARKANSAS board and just shit all over the kid, as well as UT Hoops and obviously Chris Beard in the process. what a clown shoes piece of shit. 

looks like he's getting the attention he wants. when i went to google just now:

157580E0-C153-4F7C-9978-FDBF4C57D435.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

i met bwg one time. my dad and i were at a UT hoops game, and he came up and talked to my dad for about a minute. during that time he literally referred to himself as "a white guy" three different times. dude is so weird and off putting he's one of those guys who, if he's at a crowded downtown bar, there's like an invisible force field around him that keeps people away. also, he looks like a mix between ben shapiro, and ethan from h3h3.

40273C24-C40B-410E-BEEB-A289CA3B1FD2.jpeg.b6821e07dbfd1ce664a1a247e77aedcb.jpeg

+

621A886A-EB13-4C6B-AA91-8B1304EA8BDA.thumb.jpeg.24c4fe6adae148bc9ed05fdb54672404.jpeg

= the sniveling twat known as bitterwhiteguy.

6 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

What a cowardly shit. @Bitterwhiteguy won't show his face around here anymore, but will run to an Arkansas board to spew his bitch-ass drivel.

Starting to find some credibility to the theory Beard stole his girlfriend or lunch money back in the day. @Brian Fantana was right that he doesn't really give a shit about Morris, or the girl, or the actual facts. He's just using it as a convenient cudgel against Beard.

Edited by cafe society
nm

I don't know the guy, or anything about him. But cheerleading for Shaka Smart, of all people, for six years and then shitting all over Chris Beard and Texas basketball upon Beard's arrival strikes me as someone who isn't exactly playing with a full deck. Like, beyond weird fan behavior.

Trying to come up with an example of something similar and it's tough. Like an Alabama fan going balls to the wall for years for Mike Shula, and then turning on the program on a dime the day Saban shows up. 

On 10/31/2022 at 10:09 AM, SizzleChest said:

Why are you jumping up Fantana's ass?  He's reasonable.

Some people can't stop themselves from acting like shit throwing, shrieking baboons even if someone offered them a million dollars to shut the fuck up. It is what it is. Let him be an emotional freak about every single topic. He'll burn himself out straight into a stroke some day.

4 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I have no desire to ignore him. From a message board perspective, I'm delighted he exists. I wish he posted on here. 

same. i don't see the point in ignoring him at all. the guy exists in the UT sports webisphere, and in fact is one of the more prominent figures in the "UT online basketball message board" world. ignoring him defeats the entire purpose of being here.

also, HOLY FORKING SHIRTBALLS,  LMAO at @SizzleChest and @realgreggym suggesting we all "just ignore" someone who annoys us to no end. holy shit guys.

• Haha 1

Calm your tits, Derka.  I don't give a fuck about the dude.   This is like a thread complaining about how terrible Pol Pot and Hitler were.  You want to direct clicks to his articles, that's your call, butwhy.gif? Why people keep doing this, I have no idea because his content is stupid and has zero meaning or usefulness outside of the people that just want to carry on about him.

If you really want to lure him back here for discussion, there are batter ways.  Carry on.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SizzleChest said:

Calm your tits, Derka.  I don't give a fuck about the dude.   This is like a thread complaining about how terrible Pol Pot and Hitler were.  You want to direct clicks to his articles, that's your call, butwhy.gif? Why people keep doing this, I have no idea because his content is stupid and has zero meaning or usefulness outside of the people that just want to carry on about him.

If you really want to lure him back here for discussion, there are batter ways.  Carry on.

you're really going to stick with this? you're really going to act like you have NO IDEA why people would carrry on/post about/complain about/talk shit about a poster who has gone out of his way to draw negative attention towards himself. you, specifically, are doing that right now? alllllrighty then. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

you're really going to stick with this? you're really going to act like you have NO IDEA why people would carrry on/post about/complain about/talk shit about a poster who has gone out of his way to draw negative attention towards himself. you, specifically, are doing that right now? alllllrighty then. 

Disagree with you and SLX.

Don't personally know BWG, but it seems he's the sort who gets off on attention and on getting a rise out of folks. Why play his game and give it to him?

When the Longhorns men's hoops program was suffering from Shaka's rudderless leadership, BWG adopted an absurd and indefensible position that the results were merely bad luck and that Shaka deserved more time. Plus, great coach, great guy, etc.

Texas pushes Shaka out, brings in the most can't miss of "can't miss" replacements in history, and BWG spends the next season stanning for Shaka and Marquette.

But, now, even that seems too preposterous, even for a professional troll, so BWG appears to be settling in for a season-long siege of Beard and Texas hoops on moral grounds.

Oh, and don't forget the hiatus that never happened.

Given all this, isn't it obvious that BWG doesn't mean--or believe--anything he writes? Why debate someone who only speaks in rhetoric? What do you hope to gain by continuing to give him an audience?

In the end, he's the only one who wins in that situation because you're giving him the attention--and traffic--he craves. He's outsmarting you.

• Hook 'Em 2

it's really simple for me: you talk down to me, you talk down on things that i love, you lack knowledge, and people skills, and tact, but you act holier than thou- yeah, there's a zero percent chance that i'm just going to ignore you and let you live. i don't even understand the premise. you attack me, you attack something i love, you act like a twat, i mean what do you want? i'm not a 2-D cardboard cutout of a juman person. in fact i'm. a particularly passionate and opinionated and loyal person. i'm going to have thoughts and feelings on all of your bullshit, and you are going to hear them, particularly when you just. won't. quit.

BWG is my enemy, even more than OU is. i would never tel you to ignore OU and everything they do. OU and their players are my natural enemy. BWG is a turncoat POS who is actively trying to hurt the Texas basketball program with his latest round of bullshit. please don't tell me to ignore bwg and his incessantly yappy, anti-Texas antics. fuck him and everything he stands for. 

also, seriously- nobody here should ever ever ever ever ever ever ask/tell ME of all people that i should "just ignore" someone who behaves the way that bwg does. that's preposterous. we joke,  it i got shoulder checked and surrounded by drunken, angry strangers at a UT baseball game over internet postings that were 1000x more benign that what BWG is on lately. i will never ever ever ever ever ever ever take anyone here seriously when they tell me to "just ignore" someone like this. again, that's just laughably stupid and ass backwards.

5 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Maybe you should bother him on Twitter?  

maybe you should sit this one out. you have talked so much needless fucking shit to me over the years because you didn't like me that your mere participation in this "why don't we all just ignore him" crusade makes you a giant fucking two faced piece of shit whose morals and stances blow whichever way the wind goes. where the fuck was this attitude back on shaggy? seriously- shut the fuck up. you were such a fucking asshole to me for so many years, just shut. the. fuck. up. you add less than nothing to the basketball forum, and your sudden about face when it comes to this topic is fucking retarded. just shut the fuck up already. the fucking nerve on you...

5 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Maybe you should bother him on Twitter?  

also, nobody is making you click on this thread you giant fucking retard. this is the BWG thread. don't click on it if you don't like what's in here. christ i'm so sick of your shit. 

56 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Disagree with you and SLX.

Don't personally know BWG, but it seems he's the sort who gets off on attention and on getting a rise out of folks. Why play his game and give it to him?

When the Longhorns men's hoops program was suffering from Shaka's rudderless leadership, BWG adopted an absurd and indefensible position that the results were merely bad luck and that Shaka deserved more time. Plus, great coach, great guy, etc.

Texas pushes Shaka out, brings in the most can't miss of "can't miss" replacements in history, and BWG spends the next season stanning for Shaka and Marquette.

But, now, even that seems too preposterous, even for a professional troll, so BWG appears to be settling in for a season-long siege of Beard and Texas hoops on moral grounds.

Oh, and don't forget the hiatus that never happened.

Given all this, isn't it obvious that BWG doesn't mean--or believe--anything he writes? Why debate someone who only speaks in rhetoric? What do you hope to gain by continuing to give him an audience?

In the end, he's the only one who wins in that situation because you're giving him the attention--and traffic--he craves. He's outsmarting you.

It's pretty simple for me. On message boards I'm a slut for activity. I've never been on a UT message board where I felt like there was enough men's basketball related activity. I am at my most entertained when I'm riffing off of someone I disagree with. I have yet to see a submission bwg has made that I agree with. He's a talented writer who backs up his points and writes in a cogent style - only to be incredibly wrong. 

Frankly, even if I never responded to any bwg post - and honestly I never have in the kind of detail I've considered - watching everyone ELSE respond to his posts is highly entertaining. Including the ones that are about why we shouldn't respond to him. It would be different if the board was full of robust activity surrounding Texas basketball, Big 12 basketball, and NCAA basketball, but it's not. I have zero interest in the NBA. Never have had any. Every UT basketball board I've been on for the last 30 years the NBA conversations have always dwarfed college basketball conversations by a significant ratio. I get the explanations. I'm not here to say it shouldn't be that way. People should enjoy following and talking about what they want to follow and talk about. But those folks aren't doing anything to meet my entertainment needs. 

It would also be different if I was better at driving conversation than I am. My posting style tends to be very declarative and doesn't seem to generate a whole lot of discussion. Every now and then, but not often. Not to mention wordy and often times snooze inducing. I like the way I post so I don't see that changing, but I appreciate people who are good at generating discussion, whatever the reason. I would say that bwg is the single best person at generating discussion on surlyhorns that I've seen. Certainly since the Chris Beard hire. I value that. For what it's worth, @shadow_operative is #2, and I DO consider him very good at driving discussion. 

We have a lot of very good college basketball fans who make outstanding posts. I wish they posted more. You're certainly among those, Braff Zacklin. But for whatever reason we don't. If it takes bwg writing another ridiculous missive to get folks to come out of the woodwork, I'm here for it. 

• Like 1

i had a buddy (RIP) who was a marine, and then a cop, and eventually he was one of the guys who trained everyone who became Travis County SWAT. and he told me this story about how one night, and he and this other trainer/instructor were at a bar, and they ended up talking up some guy who happened to be sitting next to them. eventually, this guy started running his mouth and bragging about how he was some Travis County SWAT Team badass. they let him just keep talking for awhile, but eventually my late buddy's pal was just seeing red, and reaching his breaking point, he just shouted at the guy that he needed to shut the fuck up and leave immediately. my buddy's friend was at his absolute breaking point.

that's where i am with @SizzleChest (in case you hadn't noticed). i would literally physically fight you @SizzleChest if we were in person right now, and i've gone to a lot of therapy to help me be less violent. you don't get to harass me for years and years and years, only to turn around and tell me that i should just ignore bwg if i don't like him. fuck you. some of the lowest moments of life were because of you and people like you. fuck you in your goddamn face for telling me to leave this dude alone. goddamnit that makes me angry. seriously- fuck you. 

Stumbled across this thread. Didn’t know who BWG was. Googled him. Realized he’s a nobody who writes for nobody. And is probably in his mom’s basement. Wondering why there’s so much attention being paid to this nobody. What am I missing? Can I enrage Aggies everywhere by just writing garbage too? I’m intrigued. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3