bitterwhiteguy is quitting writing because chris beard is killing his joy

shadow_operative

39 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

And you've just eloquently explained why Kurt Bohls has a job.

The people who love him buy papers to see what shit he's said. The people who hate him buy papers to get mad about the shit he's said.

It sells papers.

Does it? I hadn't noticed the AAS booming in subscriptions.

I don't think I have read a word Bohls has written since 2005. Why would I want to read something by a man who wasn't aware Vince Young was a generational talent? How stupid can you be? My three year old knew to vote for him and she wouldn't be born for 14 years. I can get why the national media guys were fooled by the Reggie Bush hype train but Bohls watched every game of Vince Young's career and didn't think he was the best player in College Football. If somebody is that stupid, what value does their opinion on anything hold on any topic? Nothing. I consider the stupidest post on Texags to be a more authoritative source of football wisdom than Bohls.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, none of us do, which is why the internet is completely bereft of people looking at scantily clad 18 year olds.

spacer.png

I'm a MILF guy myself. I like looking at scantily clad 30+ year olds. It's funny. That's the same age bracket I liked as a teenager and in my 20s. I've gotten older, but my preferred age range stayed the same. I liked older women, until suddenly they were 20+ years younger than me. 

Anyway, thanks for questioning me on that. I was convinced of the age gap, but now I'm convinced I was wrong.

the absolute stupidest part of all of this arterio morris stuff is that the only reason that all of this old shit is being brought back up is because he had a good game against arkansas. there's no new developments or information. nothing regarding his situation has changed in months. but then he goes out and shines vs arkansas, and people who want to see texas fail (bitterwhiteguy leading the charge here) are now screaming for attention and grasping at anything they think can hurt Texas. that is so fucking petty and lame. if morris had gone 2-9 for 4 points then his name would not be in the news right now. that's how stupid all of this is. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the absolute stupidest part of all of this arterio morris stuff is that the only reason that all of this old shit is being brought back up is because he had a good game against arkansas. there's no new developments or information. nothing regarding his situation has changed in months. but then he goes out and shines vs arkansas, and people who want to see texas fail (bitterwhiteguy leading the charge here) are now screaming for attention and grasping at anything they think can hurt Texas. that is so fucking petty and lame. if morris had gone 2-9 for 4 points then his name would not be in the news right now. that's how stupid all of this is. 

People are going to ask them about it directly all year. Not handling it transparently is the worst possible approach from a PR standpoint. I'm surprised they are doing it this way.

Unless one feels that the involvement of law enforcement tips the scales in favor of an automatic suspension, I just don't see how the severity of the accusation can't play in.  Our football transfer from 'bama has played in several football games after trying to remove a UTPD boot from his vehicle.  I don't have a problem with that, if that's the sum total of his transgressions.  (I am aware that he carries a reputation for being immature.)  But, it's not the type of crime that would seem to warrant a suspension.

College athletes miss curfews, etc. all the time -- not a crime, but it's still against team rules, and they usually get some extra time running stairs or something like that.

All this is to say that, to me, what Morris is being accused of matters.  I'm hardly dismissive of "assault", but the nature of the alleged assault sounds a little like some kind of "reach out to stop her" kind of reaction and it caused damage.  Not good at all, and it might be evidence of a hot head and maturity issues, but IF that's what happened, then it's a whole lot different than punching a gal (or anyone) in the face, even if mildly provoked.

tl,dr:  I don't know that CDC and Beard are handling this inappropriately.  If it turns out they are, then yes, THEY should be punished as well as Morris.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Unless one feels that the involvement of law enforcement tips the scales in favor of an automatic suspension, I just don't see how the severity of the accusation can't play in.  Our football transfer from 'bama has played in several football games after trying to remove a UTPD boot from his vehicle.  I don't have a problem with that, if that's the sum total of his transgressions.  (I am aware that he carries a reputation for being immature.)  But, it's not the type of crime that would seem to warrant a suspension.

College athletes miss curfews, etc. all the time -- not a crime, but it's still against team rules, and they usually get some extra time running stairs or something like that.

All this is to say that, to me, what Morris is being accused of matters.  I'm hardly dismissive of "assault", but the nature of the alleged assault sounds a little like some kind of "reach out to stop her" kind of reaction and it caused damage.  Not good at all, and it might be evidence of a hot head and maturity issues, but IF that's what happened, then it's a whole lot different than punching a gal (or anyone) in the face, even if mildly provoked.

tl,dr:  I don't know that CDC and Beard are handling this inappropriately.  If it turns out they are, then yes, THEY should be punished as well as Morris.

I don't think they're handling it inappropriately, I'm sure the university Title IX office is doing its job, it's just objectively a bad look all around to use the lawyer shield in a media spot. I'm sure the lawyers have told them to do that, and it's the right thing to do from a legal perspective, but it will only motivate more reporters to get in their face about it.

The best move (in my opinion) would have been to announce a suspension immediately when this became public, then maybe walk it back a few months later as the season is about to start, citing that no new information has come to light, they believe he is a good kid and the legal process will prove that out yadda yadda. That way, you kind of buy some time from a PR/reporters asking questions standpoint because you can point to some action that was taken to say "See? We are taking this seriously and we take the victim's claims seriously etc etc."

Obviously that's out the window now, the heels have been dug in and your only recourse now is to hope this all plays out in his favor and nothing else comes to light. If the charges actually amount to some kind of legal punishment for Morris and/or if some other instance of this kind of behavior is made public (I doubt this will happen personally), it will be an extremely bad look for the university.

And yeah, obviously what he is accused of is less serious than the examples I used above, and that does matter. The thing with the gun is real bad, but correctable behavior. The important thing is making sure that kind of behavior doesn't escalate further in any future episodes.

39 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think it’s all going to come down to what happens with his legal case. If charges or dropped or it’s a small plea, then I’m sure he’ll keep playing. If it goes to trial or his plea were to include jail time, then it will be a really bad look and I’d say the University really screwed up letting him keep playing. 

It’s a bit of a tough situation, because UT has to investigate and try to determine what happened but there’s only so much they can uncover in a domestic dispute. It’s the DA’s job to investigate and determine what crimes his actions warrant, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to wait to see what they found, but it does look bad if we let him play this whole time and then the DA presents facts of a major assault. At the same time, suspending a guy on social media accusations alone before we know if the DA will even press any charges is also unfair to the player. 

Ultimately, I hope UT is letting him play because they’ve done their own investigation and determined to the best of their abilities that the situation is not major, but we won’t ever know if that’s what happened unless this thing goes to trial, which is extremely unlikely. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

the truth is, and a lot of people i think are intentionally overlooking this truth- is that a lot of 18 year olds end up in toxic relationships because they are experiencing very very strong feelings that they've never felt before, and they are not yet mature enough to handle it. i mean i hate to say it, but i've read everything about this case, and aside from the video of him holding a gun, everything else in this case sounds unfortunately typical in cases of young love.

i once knew a couple when i was a senior in HS who would be at a party, start arguing, and then go into a closet so they could physically put hands on each other. they'd have these huge fights, in front of everyone, and then they'd go home together and wake up the next day like nothing happened. at this very same time i was living with a buddy of mine and his gf, and their relationship was even more toxic, and yes, things would get physical between them, and it would be much worse than anything i've read that physically went down between morris and his gf. but no matter how badly they fought, they'd go to sleep in the same bed, wake up the next day, and act like nothing had happened. 

teenagers are overly hormonal retards who almost universally have zero guidance from adults in their life on how to handle a serious relationship when you feel so strongly for a person who holds your emotions in their hands like a tiny bird, a person who is just as emotionally immature as you are. so, while we aren't supposed to say things like this nowadays, the bottom line is that unless some new information comes out, this is all sadly typical of teenage love, aside from the gun thing, which again, leaves room for interpretation.

bottom line- when i was their age i was privy to a ton of toxic relationships that featured much worse physical violence and fighting, and at the end of the day it really was just two overly hormonal kids who didn't know how to handle their feelings and emotions, and nobody involved needed to be arrested or go to jail for what they did, even if their actions were truly wrong at the end of the day. it's not "right", but it's just the way that young love goes for a shit ton of people his age. until i hear something new, like he punched her or actually assaulted her, ive just got to chalk this up to young people being in love and stupid, and be real about the fact that this is all likely being blown out of proportion due to Morris's status as a star athlete.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Should there be a new thread regarding Arterio Morris's arrest? This isn't going to go away. 

Here's an AP article just released 40 minutes ago:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/texas-g-morris-still-to-play-amid-misdemeanor-assault-case/

Hide contents

Texas G Morris still to play amid misdemeanor assault case

Nov. 3, 2022 at 3:17 pm

By 
The Associated Press

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas freshman Arterio Morris remains eligible to play while prosecutors decide whether to pursue a misdemeanor assault charge stemming from an alleged summer altercation the player had with an ex-girlfriend, coach Chris Beard said Thursday.

Morris was not suspended after his June 2 arrest, and Beard said there has been no change in his status as the No. 12 Longhorns prepare for Monday night’s season opener against UTEP.

Morris was a top national recruit coming out of Dallas. The guard led Texas with 19 points in an exhibition win over No. 10 Arkansas last week.

“Arterio continues to do what he’s supposed to do on a day-to-day basis here,” Beard said. “We’re holding all of our players accountable for what they are supposed to be doing, but in terms of that situation I can’t comment. I’ve been asked not to comment on it. As soon as we know something, we’ll let you guys know.”

Jamie Beck, first assistant district attorney for Denton County, said prosecutors there are still reviewing whether to pursue charges.

Beck said her office only recently received the case and the delay from the June 2 arrest is not an indication whether the case will proceed or be recommended for dismissal.

ADVERTISING

Morris declined comment Thursday.

“We maintain his innocence, just as we have from the outset,” said Morris’ attorney, Justin Moore.

According to Frisco police, Morris was arrested after officers were called to the ex-girlfriend’s house. She told police she and Morris had broken up the day before and that a relative who didn’t know about the breakup let him inside.

The woman told police Morris grabbed her arm and pulled her off a bed, then grabbed the front of her sports bra, which she said caused in a injury on her neck.

Police reported seeing a 3-inch abrasion on the woman’s neck and arrested Morris on a charge of assault causing injury to a family member, which includes dating relationships in Texas. The charge is a Class A misdemeanor that carries up to one year in jail and up to $4,000 in fines if convicted.

Morris was released from the Denton County jail on June 3 after posting a $3,500 bond. He was allowed to remain on the team and Texas officials said then the matter was turned over to the campus Title IX office.

Morris declined to say Thursday if he has met with the school’s Title IX investigators.

ADVERTISING

“The appropriate people are working on it, pretty much on a daily basis,” Beard said. “The University of Texas is making those decisions.”

Beard was asked if it’s his decision to determine his roster, or if he’s received instructions from the university administration on Morris.

“I can’t talk about this situation,” Beard said. “This in the hands of the people that I work for at the university.”

Texas spokesman Brian Davis said, “The university does not comment on student matters.”

__

More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25

JIM VERTUNO

So this is where Brian Davis landed.  Senior Manager, Issues and Crisis Communication

Wouldn't have been surprised if we went to work as Steve Patterson's personal assistant. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the truth is, and a lot of people i think are intentionally overlooking this truth- is that a lot of 18 year olds end up in toxic relationships because they are experiencing very very strong feelings that they've never felt before, and they are not yet mature enough to handle it. i mean i hate to say it, but i've read everything about this case, and aside from the video of him holding a gun, everything else in this case sounds unfortunately typical in cases of young love.

i once knew a couple when i was a senior in HS who would be at a party, start arguing, and then go into a closet so they could physically put hands on each other. they'd have these huge fights, in front of everyone, and then they'd go home together and wake up the next day like nothing happened. at this very same time i was living with a buddy of mine and his gf, and their relationship was even more toxic, and yes, things would get physical between them, and it would be much worse than anything i've read that physically went down between morris and his gf. but no matter how badly they fought, they'd go to sleep in the same bed, wake up the next day, and act like nothing had happened. 

teenagers are overly hormonal retards who almost universally have zero guidance from adults in their life on how to handle a serious relationship when you feel so strongly for a person who holds your emotions in their hands like a tiny bird, a person who is just as emotionally immature as you are. so, while we aren't supposed to say things like this nowadays, the bottom line is that unless some new information comes out, this is all sadly typical of teenage love, aside from the gun thing, which again, leaves room for interpretation.

bottom line- when i was their age i was privy to a ton of toxic relationships that featured much worse physical violence and fighting, and at the end of the day it really was just two overly hormonal kids who didn't know how to handle their feelings and emotions, and nobody involved needed to be arrested or go to jail for what they did, even if their actions were truly wrong at the end of the day. it's not "right", but it's just the way that young love goes for a shit ton of people his age. until i hear something new, like he punched her or actually assaulted her, ive just got to chalk this up to young people being in love and stupid, and be real about the fact that this is all likely being blown out of proportion due to Morris's status as a star athlete.

This all day.

As you say “aside from the gun thing” this is just normal life drama.

But whether he gets charged or not, whether he plays for us or not, whether they go off and have 2.5 kids together or not, hopefully he gets the gun thing address in his life. Don’t know if that was his gun or his hand but he needs to know and believe that guns aren’t the answer to non-life threatening conflict. Way too much easily avoidable death these days, especially in young black men.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:50 PM, BurgleBro said:

I'll miss his writing style.  It cracked me up. 

And regardless of how many are high on hoops Kool aid he's 100% right about the non conf scheduling being a joke.  To deny that is sec football aggieesque IMO.  

Are you fucking kidding me? Gonzaga, Tennessee, Creighton and Illinois are all ranked. 4 of the  non-conference games are against ranked teams and you're calling that a joke? Always a possibility Stanford could be ranked by the time Texas plays them in December as well.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:53 PM, Chad said:

Are you fucking kidding me? Gonzaga, Tennessee, Creighton and Illinois are all ranked. 4 of the  non-conference games are against ranked teams and you're calling that a joke? Always a possibility Stanford could be ranked by the time Texas plays them in December as well.

Current KenPom rankings:

Gonzaga #2

Tennessee #4

Creighton #29

Illinois #33

Stanford #59

#cakewalk

for the people who ask, "why do y'all even give @Bitterwhiteguy any attention?", here's why:

BWG's "State of the Program" piece, published less than a month ago

ain't nobody got time to read all that bullshit, but go skim the page. it's a scathing 10,000 word essay that's half about how Arterio Morris is worse than Pol Pot, and half about what a piece of shit Chris Beard is, and how his teams are all the same boring, low ceiling, unattractive product every season. here's a sneak preview, and believe me when i say that this screenshot is absolute sunshine pumping compared to the rest of the piece:

10649E13-C030-4825-BFE9-C5957BD2CA41.thumb.jpeg.dfe62cb2a5790570e0b75cb3b111db6b.jpeg

fuck @Bitterwhiteguy and everything he stands for, and LMAO at what a coward he is for disappearing from shaggy/surly and then deleting his reddit account. you don't get to put all of this bullshit out into the world and then go crawl in a hole whenever people want to hold you accountable. hey @Bitterwhiteguy, chris beard and the boys have a question for you:

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

wow.  I knew venturing in here to get the pulse of the Surly fans on the best I've seen Texas Basketball look in my life ( and, yes, I went to San Antonio to watch TJ Ford and the crew win twice....last night was a better than that, which I never thought I would say)....there would be some diversity of opinion but this guy is fucking wack.

Going to watch Bob Weltlich bumble through another loss to SMU or whoever while I brought my books to the Erwin Center to study during the game, when the women out drew the men's team and the only interruption to that studying was audible squeak  of basketball shoes and the other team's coaches yelling at their players.

The Moody Center last night was so fucking far from that it's dizzying and this cat has decided to go 'anti-Beard' as his online schtick?

Odd to say the least. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The whole "slow pace" whine is really going to look extra stupid this year. That offense was anything but slow-paced last night. Hunter has the ball on a damn yo-yo when he gets the duties, Carr is working to find open shots, Mitchell flies, Bishop flies, everybody runs. Multiple dogs on this team........ If Beard was just waiting to get the athletes he needed to run a different type of offense then he's going to leave those criticisms in the dust and cement himself as one of the best coaches in the country (if he's not already, idk).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

Going to watch Bob Weltlich bumble through another loss to SMU or whoever while I brought my books to the Erwin Center to study during the game,

I still remember Weltlich chewing out Patrick Fairs for dunking against TCU.  I think he may have even put his ass on the bench for a bit.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

And now it’s gone… Spineless coward.

It's here:

https://bitterwhiteguy.substack.com/p/the-gap-year-gonzaga

Spoiler

The Gap Year: Gonzaga

MotherOfGod.gifv

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fdbcc4b0a-0692-4810-b0ce-cf307db2720c_750x422.jpeg
4 hr ago

Despite having it circled on my calendar, I honestly didn’t intend to write about this game. It was obviously the first big test for Texas and the first data point on how or if Texas had improved over last year, but there was no real plan for putting internet pen to internet paper. I’ve spent more energy watching Charleston than Texas to this point - you try finding CAA games on TV - and the offensive stats from the first two Longhorns games didn’t exactly lead me to believe this was going to be that noteworthy of a game in terms of changing perceptions, regardless of whether Texas won or lost.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

The 99th Percentile

If you haven’t watched the game, you absolutely should. Don’t play on your phone while it’s going or anything, just sit and watch, because that performance from Texas is the type of performance you’ll see maybe a dozen times in your life. The top-5 opponent shot 47% from three, 50% from two, 71% from the line, grabbed 28% of their offensive rebound chances, and lost by damn near 20 points. The arena was raucous at a level the Drum rarely ever reached and was that rowdy for probably 35 of the 40 game minutes, the refs (mostly) kept their whistles in check, and the hoop looked like an ocean for the Longhorns. Just an all-around incredible scene, and it should be appreciated as such. That’s a 1%er game for Texas, and I’ve only come up with two games in the past ~14 years that compare in terms of burnt orange dominance over an opponent of that quality: Texas winning by 25 in the Phog in ‘21 & beating UNC in Jerry World in ‘09. Gonzaga mostly played well and it flatly did not matter, that game wasn’t in doubt after halftime. Enjoy that game, because it is a rare breed, and I don’t mean that as shade at Texas because there’s not a college fanbase on earth who should expect that kind of performance from their team all the time.

Ball Pressure

One of the reasons Fran Fraschilla gets a lot of good games to call is that he puts in the work beforehand; I’ve seen him at AAU tournaments, I know he visits practices regularly both before and during the season, and he’s got a ton of contacts in the business so he hears a lot of info even if he’s not there to see it himself. It pays off in games like last night, where he mentioned that the Texas ball pressure on Gonzaga’s guards was disrupting their offense before they could even initiate it. He was dead-on accurate, and it’s a point of vulnerability with this year’s Gonzaga squad; when your offense is reliant on a post presence playing the role of Bearded Jokic, denying him the ball does wonders for grinding the offense to a halt. Timme was able to reliably get good post position against just about everyone, but the guards were reliably unable to get him the ball and their guards aren’t good enough this year (more on this in a bit) to make Texas pay for being that aggressive at the point of attack. Texas correctly assumed Hickman, Bolton, & Smith couldn’t create on their own. (I think this was basically what Baylor did to them in the title game, but I’d have to go back and watch.) It was great scouting by Texas and Fran saw it immediately.

Shooting

My personal conspiracy theory that I’m going to hang onto until somebody pries it from my cold, dead hands is that Chris Beard went to a South Austin psychic in August and was told he gets 20 made threes every three games and it’s up to him to how they’re apportioned. There is no logical explanation I will accept on this matter, thank you for respecting my privacy. After two games against Northern Arizona & UT-RGV, Creighton comes to town, so I’m expecting Texas to go 2-14, 3-14, & 15-20 from three, respectively.

Texas came into the game 0-6 on guarded catch & shoot threes and left the game 6-15, so they were 6-9 on guarded catch & shoot threes against a team who had been allowing less than 30% from three coming into the game. That’s one sign of how uniquely great a performance this was, players with a lifetime sub-33% mark from deep were raining threes with a hand in their face. Tyrese Hunter is now shooting 40% from three on the year. STOP THE COUNT!

My one extremely minor complaint: Marcus Carr was basically radiating I’M GOING TO BE THAT GUY TONIGHT from the tip and they stopped going to him; he had 11 points in the first 14 minutes of the game and didn’t take another shot until 2:30 into the second half. From six minutes left in the first half to the end of the game, he was pretty quiet until the result was a given. When a guy like Carr is on - especially with how poorly he’s been shooting to start the season - you keep feeding him. Leave Assault Charge on the bench and keep your streaky shooter streaking.

Tempo

See how much fun running up the court is? Getting athletes into space is what this game should be about, and Texas did it. Please keep doing this; it will benefit the team and the fan viewing experience. Gonzaga’s transition defense is worse than their half-court defense, get them in transition and win a marginal gain. Plus, it’s more fun, and my steadfast opinion of “if it rules, you should do it” applies here.

Speaking of..

“What Kind of Pussy Shit is That”

A modest proposal for Texas and ‘The Corral’: free jorts to the first 500 students in line. Buy a thousand, get the first 500 students jorts that fit, donate the rest to a local shelter. You’re welcome.

Technical Fouls

Every tech called in this game was shit that they could have let slide; the most reasonable one was the Watson shove on Disu but given the amount of contact they let go in the paint all game, it probably should have been a no-call & a quick conversation with both players. Let Hickman chirp at the bench, and Allen didn’t flop. Doug Sirmons, man.

Gonzaga’s Got Flaws

Several writers I read have been quietly muttering that Gonzaga’s guards aren’t quite up to the standards they’ve had in recent years, and the two Bulldogs games I’ve watched bear this out. Hickman and Malachi Smith are good guards but neither will be confused with Jalen Suggs or Andrew Nembhard; Gonzaga’s backcourt is the basketball equivalent of a pitching staff with a bunch of good 2nd or 3rd in the rotation hurlers but no ace. They can run the offense and their natural talent will get them through a number of opponents on the schedule, but against guards like Hunter they are going to have problems. (Cason Wallace and John Calipari are watching this game film with lobster bibs on.) Because of this limitation, Timme is even more important to their success than ever, but because of this specific limitation it’s going to be harder to get him the damn ball than ever. There were what, 5 turnovers that were Gonzaga guards dribbling the ball off their own feet? Maybe that’s crowd noise impacting them, but probably half of the scoring margin was unforced errors by the Bulldogs. Somebody get those guards some rock climbing hand strength machines before they ruin the season.

I’m starting to wonder if Mark Few is falling into the trap Rick Barnes did, where his increased access to lottery talent later in his tenure starts screwing with his roster construction. As much as a player like Chet Holmgren or Suggs is an obvious take if they’re available, he built his program on the backs of really good college players who stayed for 3-4 years. It’s exceedingly hard to maintain the level of cohesion & execution that his systems require when you’re cycling through 1&D players regularly, and how he reacts (or doesn’t) to the increased turnover will likely define if the last 4-5 years of Gonzaga are their program’s peak they never regain, or this year is a temporary dip. I wouldn’t bet against Few…but I wouldn’t have bet against Barnes in 2011, either.

None of that takes anything away from what Texas accomplished last night; in March, this is a convincing win over a probably 2-3 seed on the tournament resume. It’s the type of win that gets Texas nudged over another team for a higher seed if the rest of the resumes are comparable. Playing good teams in November is good, beating good teams in November is better, pounding good teams in November is great.

Small sample sizes are fun, but can be misleading; for example, coming into the Gonzaga game, there were three Baylor players who had each made more threes than Texas had as a team. Or this: is Texas the team who shot 19% from three their first two games, the team who shot 44% in the first half of this game, or the team who shot 35% in the second half? Point being, it’s still early and there’s a fair amount of progression & regression ahead for Texas. We can worry about that later, last night and today is a day for enjoying what was one of the best Texas basketball experiences of the last 20 years. Also a PS5 & God of War: Ragnarok is arriving at the house this afternoon, so let’s shelve any concerns and get to killing some gods already. Texas has killed their quota this week.

• Like 1

"When a guy like Carr is on - especially with how poorly he’s been shooting to start the season - you keep feeding him. Leave Assault Charge on the bench and keep your streaky shooter streaking."

I don't know why everyone would prefer he quit posting. I love this guy for being so wrong all the time. What I truly love about this article is reading it he's practically throwing out his shoulder congratulating himself on how wise he is. 

There's an expected rotation the players have become adjusted to. Carr isn't sulking on the bench for being pulled out of the game. Morris gets critical development time. Notice Morris wasn't pulled for having a quick trigger on those 3s attempts of his even though he was missing. It's clear he has a green light from Beard to shoot those, whether he should or not. Beard WANTS him shooting quick shots from BTA if he feels like he's open. There's something Beard is seeing in practice that manifested in the Arkansas exhibition but we haven't seen in the 3 regular season games so far. He's also not getting pulled from the game because he's hustling and playing locked in on defense. Something by his own admission he did not do in high school. 

There's also the whole tone of, "be happy with this, because you might never see it again."

This team has a higher level of play in them. They also have tougher opponents on their schedule than Gonzaga. Teams that do not have elite guard play are going to be in for a world of hurt against this Texas team. 

It makes me wish I could have seen that Houston exhibition. That must have been an all out war. And apparently Texas was leading at the half. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

"When a guy like Carr is on - especially with how poorly he’s been shooting to start the season - you keep feeding him. Leave Assault Charge on the bench and keep your streaky shooter streaking."

I don't know why everyone would prefer he quit posting. I love this guy for being so wrong all the time. What I truly love about this article is reading it he's practically throwing out his shoulder congratulating himself on how wise he is. 

There's an expected rotation the players have become adjusted to. Carr isn't sulking on the bench for being pulled out of the game. Morris gets critical development time. Notice Morris wasn't pulled for having a quick trigger on those 3s attempts of his even though he was missing. It's clear he has a green light from Beard to shoot those, whether he should or not. Beard WANTS him shooting quick shots from BTA if he feels like he's open. There's something Beard is seeing in practice that manifested in the Arkansas exhibition but we haven't seen in the 3 regular season games so far. He's also not getting pulled from the game because he's hustling and playing locked in on defense. Something by his own admission he did not do in high school. 

There's also the whole tone of, "be happy with this, because you might never see it again."

This team has a higher level of play in them. They also have tougher opponents on their schedule than Gonzaga. Teams that do not have elite guard play are going to be in for a world of hurt against this Texas team. 

It makes me wish I could have seen that Houston exhibition. That must have been an all out war. And apparently Texas was leading at the half. 

holy shit, he's nicknamed Arterio Morris "Assault Charge", because of course he has. This guy's hard-on for Beard (and by extension Arterio Morris and all things UT Hoops) it's pathetic. according to the police report, Arterio pulled his girlfriend by her bra, and it left a mark on her. This incident has prompted bwg to write 50,000 words about what a horrible piece of shit Morris is, seeing him scramble to rival teams' websites searching for a platform to try and smear this kid for what honestly sounds a not-too-atypical spat between teenage lovers.

all of which leaves me with one question for @Bitterwhiteguy: you've written 60 million words on UT Hoops over the years, so why haven't you ever written anything about this:

D26154DF-C667-4668-AA1A-F9BEA7DB7ADB.thumb.jpeg.179874a1168f9bb024f1a8c620c1cecc.jpeg

6'10" Ivan Drago punches his GF in the face, bwg has no opinion. a Chris Beard commit snaps a girls bra strap on her back and he's on a personal mission to put him behind bars. bwg is the one who seems like a giant piece of shit in this situation. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Morris might have a defamation suit before the season is over

The word you're looking for is libel, but there's no shot he would have a case. BWG is being a massive douchebag about it, but since it's technically true that Morris has an assault charge, there's no way he'd have a case for libel. Not to mention, whatever meager platform BWG has is not nearly large enough to actually defame anyone.

Since this keeps coming up, let me help everyone out here:

Libel and slander are forms of defamation, which is an untrue statement presented as fact and intended to damage a person's character or reputation. Libel is a defamatory statement made in writing, while slander is a defamatory statement that is spoken.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

holy shit, he's nicknamed Arterio Morris "Assault Charge", because of course he has. This guy's hard-on for Beard (and by extension Arterio Morris and all things UT Hoops) it's pathetic. according to the police report, Arterio pulled his girlfriend by her bra, and it left a mark on her. This incident has prompted bwg to write 50,000 words about what a horrible piece of shit Morris is, seeing him scramble to rival teams' websites searching for a platform to try and smear this kid for what honestly sounds a not-too-atypical spat between teenage lovers.

all of which leaves me with one question for @Bitterwhiteguy: you've written 60 million words on UT Hoops over the years, so why haven't you ever written anything about this:

D26154DF-C667-4668-AA1A-F9BEA7DB7ADB.thumb.jpeg.179874a1168f9bb024f1a8c620c1cecc.jpeg

6'10" Ivan Drago punches his GF in the face, bwg has no opinion. a Chris Beard commit snaps a girls bra strap on her back and he's on a personal mission to put him behind bars. bwg is the one who seems like a giant piece of shit in this situation. 

Also don't forget that Jaxson Hayes played for Shaka. But i'm sure he only turned into a violent asshole AFTER he emerged from the tutelage of the greatest floor slapper the 40 acres has ever seen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

The word you're looking for is libel, but there's no shot he would have a case. BWG is being a massive douchebag about it, but since it's technically true that Morris has an assault charge, there's no way he'd have a case for libel. Not to mention, whatever meager platform BWG has is not nearly large enough to actually defame anyone.

sesame street k GIF

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

F Klotz! I got pepper sprayed outside of “The Drink” one night because of his ass. He tried to hit on a buddy’s GF, group confrontation spilled outside onto 6th, I tried to play peacekeeper and APD comes over to diffuse the situation by pepper spraying the only brother involved…even though I was attempting to diffuse the SH! Only time in my life i’ve been sprayed. Although it did lead to a few co-eds kindly applying milk to my face

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Horns RD Standard said:

F Klotz! I got pepper sprayed outside of “The Drink” one night because of his ass. He tried to hit on a buddy’s GF, group confrontation spilled outside onto 6th, I tried to play peacekeeper and APD comes over to diffuse the situation by pepper spraying the only brother involved…even though I was attempting to diffuse the SH! Only time in my life i’ve been sprayed. Although it did lead to a few co-eds kindly applying milk to my face emoji2365.png

Someone tried to fight Jason Klotz? Did they not see what he did to Apollo Creed?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2