2018 College World Series

sidis

Saturday 06/16/2018 3:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 1 - TEAMS TBD ESPN    
Saturday 06/16/2018 8:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 2 - TEAMS TBD ESPN    
Sunday 06/17/2018 2:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 3 - TEAMS TBD ESPN    
Sunday 06/17/2018 7:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 4 - TEAMS TBD ESPN2    
Monday 06/18/2018 2:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 5 - TEAMS TBD (Game No. 1 Loser vs. Game No. 2 Loser) ESPN    
Monday 06/18/2018 7:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 6 - TEAMS TBD (Game No. 1 Winner vs. Game No. 2 Winner ) ESPN    
Tuesday 06/19/2018 2:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 7 - TEAMS TBD (Game No. 3 Loser vs. Game No. 4 Loser ) ESPN    
Tuesday 06/19/2018 7:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 8 - TEAMS TBD (Game No. 3 Winner vs. Game No. 4 Winner) ESPN    
Wednesday 06/20/2018 7:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 9 - TEAMS TBD (Game No. 6 Loser vs. Game No. 5 Winner) ESPN    
Thursday 06/21/2018 8:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 10 - TEAMS TBD (Game No. 8 Loser vs. Game No. 7 Winner) ESPNU    
Friday 06/22/2018 3:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 11 - TEAMS TBD (Game No. 6 Winner vs. Game No. 9 Winner) ESPN    
Friday 06/22/2018 8:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Game No. 12 - TEAMS TBD (Game No. 8 Winner vs. Game No. 10 Winner) ESPN    
Saturday 06/23/2018 3:00 PM ET(TENTATIVE) Division I Baseball College World Series - Game 13 (if necessary) - TEAMS TBD (Same Teams from Game No. 11) ESPN If Necessary Game  
Saturday 06/23/2018 8:00 PM ET(TENTATIVE) Division I Baseball College World Series - Game 14 (if necessary) - TEAMS TBD (Same Teams from Game No. 12) ESPN If Necessary Game  
Monday 06/25/2018 7:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Finals - Game No. 1 - TEAMS TBD (Bracket 1 Winner vs. Bracket 2 Winner) ESPN    
Tuesday 06/26/2018 7:00 PM ET Division I Baseball College World Series - Finals - Game No. 2 - TEAMS TBD (Series Best Two of Three) ESPN    
Wednesday 06/27/2018 7:00 PM ET(TENTATIVE) Division I Baseball College World Series - Finals - Game No. 3 (if necessary) - TEAMS TBD (Series Best Two of Three) ESPN If Necessary Game
Edited by RowdyVic
TIME ZONE

Four in a row to Omaha for us.    That is amazing to me, considering how hard it is to reach elite level status in this sport, and how long we've been trying to get there.   It has been a long hard climb, and the memory of 2005 is still fresh in my  mind.   Let's do this rematch!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Four in a row to Omaha for us.    That is amazing to me, considering how hard it is to reach elite level status in this sport, and how long we've been trying to get there.   It has been a long hard climb, and the memory of 2005 is still fresh in my  mind.   Let's do this rematch!!

We've done four in a row.  Twice.

We've also done five in a row.  So I guess that also means we've done four in a row three times.  Or maybe four times, if you want to get really technical.

Whatever.  The main thing is this: 36

• Like 1

Already have arky fans texting me all sorts of shit. Funny thing was I didn't even know they were going to play us or even know when they were playing last night nor cared, they sounded like they obsessively stared the fucking bracket down and watched our game too. According to them since they won 2 against us AT arky already in March then Sunday game is a lock for them. LULZZ. arky and aggy are sooooooo much alike it amazing. I always forget about them till we play them i'm reminded how obsessed they are with us. 

Crazy how in the 60's-80's we had two aggy cult psychopath fanbases. Fuck em. 

40 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

fucking aggy all buying the flights to go watch their 3 teams play in the CWS

Aggy is melting down like clockwork.  Fire the coach, how did Pierce do this in 2 years, they just got a lucky draw.  (forget that they lost to Texas for Christs sake).  Why is Tech there?  Again lucky draws for 3 of the last 5 years, that is why Tech is there.

This from a team that has 2 fucking wins in the CWS total.  The last one in the 90's.  Sorry aggy you are, as usual, not as great as you think you are.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Texas (0-2 Big 12 tourney) and Tech (1-2 Big 12 tourney) both make it to Omaha. 

Conference tournaments are becoming a waste of time for fans and coaches. 

Augie disliked them and forced a change to the B12 tournament format, at least for a few years in there.  I agree with his sentiment 100%.

Update:

Texas appearances: 36 (1st)
Combined appearances of other 7 schools: 52

Texas CWS wins: 85 (1st)
Combined CWS wins of other 7 schools: 73

Texas national finals appearances: 12 (2nd)
Combines national finals appearances of other 7 schools:  9

National titles: 6 (2nd)
Combined national titles of other 7 schools: 3 (2 for Beavs, 1 for Gators)

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Already have arky fans texting me all sorts of shit. Funny thing was I didn't even know they were going to play us or even know when they were playing last night nor cared, they sounded like they obsessively stared the fucking bracket down and watched our game too.

Silly Arkansas fans knowing the CWS bracket.

27 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Already have arky fans texting me all sorts of shit. Funny thing was I didn't even know they were going to play us or even know when they were playing last night nor cared, they sounded like they obsessively stared the fucking bracket down and watched our game too. According to them since they won 2 against us AT arky already in March then Sunday game is a lock for them. LULZZ. arky and aggy are sooooooo much alike it amazing. I always forget about them till we play them i'm reminded how obsessed they are with us. 

Crazy how in the 60's-80's we had two aggy cult psychopath fanbases. Fuck em. 

Sure they got to play us at home and won both games. We weren't a great ball club early in the year.  

Texas since that series: 33-12
Arkansas since that series: 31-15

Looks pretty evenly matched to me.

Arkansas is really good, playing them on Sunday will be a tremendous challenge.  I think the Horns are quite a bit better than they were back in mid-March but I can understand piggy confidence for this one.  It's up to the Horns to change that.  I like our chances.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sure they got to play us at home and won both games. We weren't a great ball club early in the year.  

Texas since that series: 33-12
Arkansas since that series: 31-15

Looks pretty evenly matched to me.

this is where aggy shoves the Arkansas fans aside and shouts 31-15 IN THE SEC SEC SEC!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

9-9 in mid March to Omaha. Pierce and the boys did a hell of a job. Welcome home Horns! 

Just an amazing season and display of heart and determination. Proud of these boys and glad they have a chance to continue their season.

38 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Arkansas is really good, playing them on Sunday will be a tremendous challenge.  I think the Horns are quite a bit better than they were back in mid-March but I can understand piggy confidence for this one.  It's up to the Horns to change that.  I like our chances.

Not too mention we started Beau and Nico in those 2 games.

10 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Some of y'all who actually follow this sport closely, how would you draw the bracket if it was a true 1-8 seeding? Ore St-UNC seems like an unfair pairing right out of the gate

#1 Oregon State

#2 Florida

#3 UNC

#4 Arkansas

#5 Texas

#6 Tech

#7 Washington

#8 Mississippi State

Edited by HtownHorn

7 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Some of y'all who actually follow this sport closely, how would you draw the bracket if it was a true 1-8 seeding? Ore St-UNC seems like an unfair pairing right out of the gate

That or UF-TT seem like the toughest matchups, while MSU-UW is the worst.

If re-seeded - UF, OSU, Ark, UNC, TT, UT (all in seeding order), MSU, UW.

[aggy] What a surprise - Arkansas and Florida are going to have to face each other in their second games.  Leave it to the NCAA.  I guess the tu check cleared.  We'd get three SEC teams into the final game if it weren't for this stupid NCAA scheduling. [/aggy]

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Not too mention we started Beau and Nico in those 2 games.

interesting.  1 guy who completely fell apart this year and one of our midweek starter types(4th in GS on the year).  I'm sure Arkansas didn't start one of their top 3 but I'm sure whoever it was couldn't be worse that Ridgeway.

This is a whole different animal.  after keeping TennTech's bats at bay I'm feeling more positive.  TDA is more like the Disch than those SEC parks also.

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

interesting.  1 guy who completely fell apart this year and one of our midweek starter types(4th in GS on the year).  I'm sure Arkansas didn't start one of their top 3 but I'm sure whoever it was couldn't be worse that Ridgeway.

This is a whole different animal.  after keeping TennTech's bats at bay I'm feeling more positive.  TDA is more like the Disch than those SEC parks also.

Arkansas actually started Kacey Murphy, who became Saturday guy, in one of those games.  Of course that game wasn't close.  11-2 when he left the game after 6.0.

Arkansas hits a lot of HR's and TDA will definitely hurt that, but can also just hit well.  In that 2 game midweek series, 20 runs were scored with only 2 HR's.

this might be the best one yet

Quote:
it's interesting that you choose tu and tech as our comparisons for success
94chem said:
So you don't think Clemson and South Carolina should compare themselves to each other? What about FSU, Miami, and Florida? Penn State and Pitt? Iowa and Iowa State? Utah and BYU?

it's pretty simple. if you make it your goal to win the SEC and get a coach that thrives on competing in the SEC, the rest will follow...

florida-baseball-cws-espn-screen-650x300.jpg
1BaseballSlidersm.jpg
BSB%202011%20National%20Champions%20logo.JPG
LSU-CWS-09-Mainieri-Trophy.jpg

or you could strive to be like tech and tu more i suppose and just make it to omaha.

yea the goal for Texas is just to make it to Omaha.....a fan of a team that has 2 CWS game wins in their entire history and that has a coach that has been there 11 years and been to the CWS 2 times in that 11 years is talking ahit about a program that let go of a legend because he was not getting it done and now has a coach that is back in the CWS in year two with a team made up of guys that are just scrapping to get it done.....never mind the 6 CWS titles

• Like 2