2018 College World Series

sidis

39 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

never mind the 6 CWS titles

Yep, go ahead and forget those.  Plus the 36 CWS appearances.  Keep riding those coattails aggy.  SEC SEC SEC.

another slightly ironic aspect of the idiotic agro perspective is that our last four national championships have been finals against sec teams...

75 - south carolina (even though they weren't sec then)

83 - alabama

02 - south carolina

05 - florida

Just now, sidis said:

another slightly ironic aspect of the idiotic agro perspective is that our last four national championships have been finals against sec teams...

83 - alabama

02 - south carolina

05 - florida

Doesn't count, aggy wasn't in the SEC then. SEC wasn't SEC until aggy joined.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

It's not as much fun as Omaha, but listening to Aggy fellate the other teams in the SEC in a desperate attempt at acceptance is pretty fun.

I kind of enjoy going to SECRant, because every other school's posters hate A&M and make fun of them, but there are still a few aggies hanging around, desperate for acceptance, taking the hate.  This one from last week made me blow my drink out my nose:

mule.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I kind of enjoy going to SECRant, because every other school's posters hate A&M and make fun of them, but there are still a few aggies hanging around, desperate for acceptance, taking the hate.  This one from last week made me blow my drink out my nose:

mule.jpg

I want to buy TigerOnTheMountain a beer...every day for the rest of his life.

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Augie disliked them and forced a change to the B12 tournament format, at least for a few years in there.  I agree with his sentiment 100%.

18 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Texas (0-2 Big 12 tourney) and Tech (1-2 Big 12 tourney) both make it to Omaha. 

Conference tournaments are becoming a waste of time for fans and coaches. 

I agree and think they're also getting to be a waste of time in hoops, too.  Just have the regular season, and have a playoff only if two teams have tied conference records, which was the old Ivy League model.  Mid-major conferences continually screw themselves out of their one good team making the tourney by having a needless tournament just so they can get the championship game on ESPN2.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.
moar content

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Update:

Texas appearances: 36 (1st)
Combined appearances of other 7 schools: 52

Texas CWS wins: 85 (1st)
Combined CWS wins of other 7 schools: 73

Texas national finals appearances: 12 (2nd)
Combines national finals appearances of other 7 schools:  9

National titles: 6 (2nd)
Combined national titles of other 7 schools: 3 (2 for Beavs, 1 for Gators)

Had to look up the records to see who was first in titles, I forgot that USC used to have a good baseball program.  How do you burn down that type of program?

15 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

I agree and think they're also getting to be a waste of time in hoops, too.  Just have the regular season, and have a playoff only if two teams have tied conference records, which was the old Ivy League model.  Mid-major conferences continually screw themselves out of their one good team making the tourney by having a needless tournament just so they can get the championship game on ESPN2.

I agree that conference tournaments are worthless, but I think the bigger problem (and the seemingly easier one to solve) is that conference tournaments take too many teams.

Because we're not going to get rid of them, make the conference tournament only 4 teams.  That will usually insure you don't get a complete joke of a champion, and it will give those four teams experience in playing in a Regionals format.

The problem -- A guy I used to work with was our faculty athletics rep -- had to go to all conference meetings, vote on rules, etc.  I proposed this to him several years ago, and his response was "Oh, the coaches will never go for that.  It's easier to fire a coach if he doesn't make the conference tournament.  The coaches want every team in the league to go to the conference tournament."

10 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

I havent been on texags in like a year....but damn is it a funny read
They could beat us 9/10 if we both played our A games... Lucky draws for texas and tech...etc...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Well they have a bit of a point there what with the weak ass #3 seed we got in our regional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

Had to look up the records to see who was first in titles, I forgot that USC used to have a good baseball program.  How do you burn down that type of program?

You leave Dedeaux's successor in the spot too long, then replace him with his son-in-law who has virtually no coaching experience, and then when you fire him, you give the interim head job even though he had losing record as interim, have him go through another losing season, and then fire him right before the next season starts and promote one of his assistants, who had no head coaching experience and well... he's been in the job six years now with one regional trip. 

Of course none of this happens unless your AD is headed up by Mike Garrett and Pat Haden, two guys who only care about football.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You leave Dedeaux's successor in the spot too long, then replace him with his son-in-law who has virtually no coaching experience, and then when you fire him, you give the interim head job even though he had losing record as interim, have him go through another losing season, and then fire him right before the next season starts and promote one of his assistants, who had no head coaching experience and well... he's been in the job six years now with one regional trip. 

Of course none of this happens unless your AD is headed up by Mike Garrett and Pat Haden, two guys who only care about football.

now that is an answer.  rep sent

Interesting things I already knew and things I learned from the CWS Wikipedia page:

1.) We have the most appearance in the CWS with 36

2.) We're tied w/ LSU for 2nd in most titles - 6

3.) Coastal Carolina is the only team to win all their trips to the CWS..... as they are 1 for 1.

4.) Florida State has most appearances w/out a win in CWS (22) ... almost double the next closest: Clemson (12)

5.) California has most appearances for a state, then Texas, then Florida, then Arizona, then Louisiana....

6.) Longest title drought between titles...  66 years and counting. The team? The 1952 champion Holy Cross Crusaders. Followed closely by Missouri  (1954-now),  Wake Forest (1955-now)

7.) Best % of championships/appearances: (1.) Coastal Carolina 1.000 (2.) Minnesota 0.600 (3.) Southern Cal 0.571 

Just booked my trip.  I'm going up Saturday evening and coming back Wednesday morning so I can see the first two games.  Only hotel I could get was Quality Inn in Council Bluffs, but fuck it I'm not planning on spending much time there and it looks convenient to Downtown and the ball park.  I really wanted my daughter to come with me she is a big Horns fan and is the only one who will go to the baseball games with me.  She was with me for the regional and the final game of the super regional.  Unfortunately, she has a summer program that starts Monday morning and I can't find any flight that will get her back in time so she could at least see the Sunday game.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

I want to buy TigerOnTheMountain a beer...every day for the rest of his life.

It's not like he's some sort of savant, perceiving the truth in a haze of conflicting information.  A&M has been in the SEC for 6 seasons.  That's more than enough time to get a very clear picture of the disease.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wood said:

He's daring Kody to what, exactly? Look into the dugout after dropping a dong on 'em?

yep along with a flash of a hook'em and a fuck you.  Kody will wait until the first horns down shows up but that will likely happen in the first inning so it won't take long.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Just booked my trip.  I'm going up Saturday evening and coming back Wednesday morning so I can see the first two games.  Only hotel I could get was Quality Inn in Council Bluffs, but fuck it I'm not planning on spending much time there and it looks convenient to Downtown and the ball park.  I really wanted my daughter to come with me she is a big Horns fan and is the only one who will go to the baseball games with me.  She was with me for the regional and the final game of the super regional.  Unfortunately, she has a summer program that starts Monday morning and I can't find any flight that will get her back in time so she could at least see the Sunday game.

Thanks for sharing.

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

mule.jpg

This needs to be a permanent resident in the A&M thread. Such a perfect description of their situation. All the while, they think they're the drug kingpin who's only doing the ass-smuggler until "next year". 

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

that's a lot of typing without making any mention of which titter you are going to...

Edited by pacman

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

yep along with a flash of a hook'em and a fuck you.  Kody will wait until the first horns down shows up but that will likely happen in the first inning so it won't take long.

58 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Tea bag them like the SEC bitches they are.

Ah, ok. Well then. I say all of our boys should give 'em a good healthy look every time they round third, and then I guess we'll see what the "or else" consists of.

Fuck those assholes. Bring it.

9 minutes ago, pacman said:

that's a lot of typing without making any mention of which titter you are going to...

You definitely want to go to the titters on the Council Bluffs side.  The Razzle Dazzle used to be the best/closest one over there.

On the Nebraska side, they have to keep their nipples covered.  (No, I'm not joking; it's pathetic.)

3 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

I havent been on texags in like a year....but damn is it a funny read
They could beat us 9/10 if we both played our A games... Lucky draws for texas and tech...etc...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

There are some trying to keep the threads based in reality, I'll give those few posters credit if only for a fool's errand.

Others on there are dead set that they were the best team in Austin because they beat UT midseason... and SEC and all that happy horseshit.

Fuck those people.  they can fucking reap it for the next two weeks watching 'inferior' teams play baseball in their stead.  Aggy should just have an intersquad game at Death Knell Park and hang another fucking banner.

Insufferable motherfuckers who NEVER,EVER,EVER,EVER,EVER, EVER will change into reasonable human beings.

5 hours ago, sidis said:

83 - alabama

02 - south carolina

05 - florida

....and we almost added LSU to this list.

I’m  still bitter about the College World Series loss to Wichita State and Dan Dreifort. That year they changed the championship game format to a winner take all, yet we hadn’t lost a game all series. Dreifort beat us but we would’ve brought back  dressendorfer for the finale. Let’s win this one for Kirk !!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I’m  still bitter about the College World Series loss to Wichita State and Dan Dreifort. That year they changed the championship game format to a winner take all, yet we hadn’t lost a game all series. Dreifort beat us but we would’ve brought back  dressendorfer for the finale. Let’s win this one for Kirk !!

I'm still bitter about that, too.  eff the wooshocks

i was really young for the wichita state loss but was very much a fan during the fullerton and lsu losses.  fullerton makes me more angry.  we had absolutely fucking steamrolled everything along the way in 2004 and looked unstoppable.  i've never seen such a hot player completely lose it like drew stubbs did in that final series and it killed us.  he redeemed it next year but man, he disappeared. 

we had a relative layup in the regional being the 1 seed and crushing younstown and oral roberts twice.  i was at all three.  then we utterly buttfucked vanderbilt in the supers 15-3 and 10-2...was at both of those.  i remember vandy had some top draft pick pitcher that came in talking a bit of shit and we scored 15 with a few homers that still haven't come down. 

show up to omaha and face arky in the first round (sound familiar?) and they had some hot shit pitcher as well.  game was over in the first inning and we won 13-2.  then we beat georgia's ass in game 2 9-3.  we finally got a close one against georgia when they came back from beating arizona but prevailed 7-6.  we had not lost a single game and really only played one close one in the entire postseason.  i was 100% confident we would destroy fullerton who had to go through the losers' bracket in their own regional, and dropped a game in omaha as well.  fucking snake bit.

09 pissed me off as well because we were so damned sloppy in how we lost game 1 and 3.  but jungmann put on a hell of a show in game 2.

40 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Yep. Is it fucking double elim or not. Fucking horseshit.

48 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

....and we almost added LSU to this list.

37 minutes ago, BERT said:

Is it bad that the '09 CWS still pisses me off? 

33 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

they were done "and then we let 'em off the hook!"(Dennis Green voice)

Triggered.  Augie should have never brought Jungmann into Game 1.  Stick with what brung you.

17 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. Is it fucking double elim or not. Fucking horseshit.

I had just finished first-year law school finals, moved to a new place and was chilling.  Had forgotten about pretty much everything meaningful in life.  Saw CWS in the tv guide "hot shit!"  Tuned it in, watched us lose, watched the wheatfuckers going apeshit, not knowing that it was a one-game championship.  I had a confuse, bigtime.

• Like 1