Xavier Worthy needs to ask Quinn Ewers to Pluckers

StassneyHorn

I got negged for saying I hope he flames out in the NFL during one of the games. He's a primadonna and pretty much the only starter who didn't play hard this year. Can't remember which game it was but there was a game where he ran out of bounds on 2 separate punt returns to avoid contact when he could have easily fought for 2-3 more yards.

I don't care how talented he is his attitude and effort were bullshit. 

WR is by far the most stacked position in cfb. Replacing him at a school like Texas will be trivial if he does leave. SMU has had like 4 receivers better than him the past 5-6 years. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I got negged for saying I hope he flames out in the NFL during one of the games.

Can't remember which game it was but there was a game where he ran out of bounds on 2 separate punt returns to avoid contact when he could have easily fought for 2-3 more yards 

Those 2 definitely deserve negs

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe the USC WR coach can teach him to not give up on 50% of his routes and drop another 10% that hit him in the hands. I’m not going to say I’m “happy” he’s leaving but if his loyalty runs as thin as it seems then I’m sure we’ll be OK without his occasional on-field production.

The USC coach probably won’t try to use a 6 foot nothing 160 lb mighty mite as his down the field deep threat where getting knocked around and off routes severely messes up the timing and you have no physicality to win 50/50 balls.

Worthy’s effort sucked at times but he is also not physically capable of doing what he is being asked of on the regular here. His agility and burst are his gifts. He should be a 5-15 yard route runner with a once every 2-3 games deep shot.
  • Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The USC coach probably won’t try to use a 6 foot nothing 160 lb mighty mite as his down the field deep threat where getting knocked around and off routes severely messes up the timing and you have no physicality to win 50/50 balls.

Worthy’s effort sucked at times but he is also not physically capable of doing what he is being asked of on the regular here. His agility and burst are his gifts. He should be a 5-15 yard route runner with a once every 2-3 games deep shot.

Hmm Jaylen Waddle and DeVonta Smith didn’t seem to have that issue at Alabama.. Smith is just as small definitely.   Don’t make excuses for his being throw off his routes if someone breathed on him this year and not fighting for balls. 

Edited by Hook1997

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Hmm Jaylen Waddle and DeVonta Smith didn’t seem to have that issue at Alabama..  Don’t make excuses for his being throw off his routes if someone breathed on him this year and not fighting for balls. 

Not sure about Smith but Waddle weighs about 20 more pounds than Worthy and is an inch or two taller.  Worthy is fucking tiny when you see him.   I agree effort wasn't always there, not defending him, but also think repetitive 9 routes with no utilization of his agility and burst over and over and over isn't highest and best use.  

Both things can be true.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarthHollamew said:

Pluckers wings are so weak.  Atmosphere is the only thing they have going for them.  Wing Stop wings by a mile.  Not even close.  

What atmosphere? Screaming kids?

Tommy Want Wingy is the wing place to go to, the rest are all the same.

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

A bunch of stupid fucks in this thread. 

I don't know what you mean by that. we want players that want to play or Texas, not players that hold the team hostage. His play this year has been less than energetic. he seems to lacks efforts. I say let him go if he is even close to pressuring shit. for fucks sake lets cater to players that give it all and bust ass and want to be Texas players. 

Bijan , Rj and j wittingham among others

Fuck 'em if you don't want to bleed Burnt Orange and white with the NIL we have here. FUCK THEM

• Hook 'Em 2

Wing restaurants are stupid.  Ordinary fried chicken in full-sized pieces is better than wings slathered in buffalo honey sriracha peach goat jizz or whatever the fuck they put on them. 

For Worthy, stay if you're bought in, leave if you aren't.  Same for anybody.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

I don't know what you mean by that. we want players that want to play or Texas, not players that hold the team hostage. His play this year has been less than energetic. he seems to lacks efforts. I say let him go if he is even close to pressuring shit. for fucks sake lets cater to players that give it all and bust ass and want to be Texas players. 

Bijan , Rj and j wittingham among others

Fuck 'em if you don't want to bleed Burnt Orange and white with the NIL we have here. FUCK THEM

I think it’s stupid to jump to the conclusion that Worthy doesn’t want to play at Texas and it’s equally stupid to want to run off our second best player on offense. Also the portal works both ways, teams are going to tamper with Worthy the same way we tamper with players on other teams. I wish some of you would stop getting your panties in a bunch about it. Thus is the world in the NIL era. Also his apparent lack of effort is a matter of opinion and not fact. Some of you wouldn’t know an overthrown football if it jumped out of the TV and hit y’all in the face. We’ll be a much better team next year with Worthy instead of without him and it’s crazy some of you stupid fucks don’t realize that just because you don’t like the way the kid carries himself. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I think it’s stupid to jump to the conclusion that Worthy doesn’t want to play at Texas and it’s equally stupid to want to run off our second best player on offense. Also the portal works both ways, teams are going to tamper with Worthy the same way we tamper with players on other teams. I wish some of you would stop getting your panties in a bunch about it. Thus is the world in the NIL era. Also his apparent lack of effort is a matter of opinion and not fact. Some of you wouldn’t know an overthrown football if it jumped out of the TV and hit y’all in the face. We’ll be a much better team next year with Worthy instead of without him and it’s crazy some of you stupid fucks don’t realize that just because you don’t like the way the kid carries himself. 

Dude, you're aggy as a motherfucker

troll.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

It's pretty safe to jump to conclusions that Worthy doesn't want to plat at Texas because Worthy wasn't playing at Texas all year. MFer was coasting all year, shying away from contact, and not doing anything that would require bodily sacrifice. He dove and caught a ball with a guy draped all over him in a high profile game and never repeated that effort another time all season. He may be a talented mfer, but we wasted a few games trying to keep that mfer on campus with targets. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

By coasting do you mean routinely getting open and beating his man and sometimes also a safety by 2-3 yards, also by taking on punt return duties when he really didn’t have to, and also being a willing blocker downfield as a receiver. Worthy did a lot of things most high profile receivers wouldn’t bother doing but some of you are going to dump on him as cover for Ewers. Especially you. Yes he dove for that ball in the Bama game because it was catchable. We would have saw more of that if he had more catchable balls thrown his way. And if he really didn’t want to be here he had the opportunity to bounce after last year. In this new NIL world I’m not going to shit on our own guys trying to get paid when we are going to be throwing out offers to guys on other teams in efforts to try and get them to come play here for pay. Some of you need to stop being a bunch of whiny ass bitches. 

Seen. Past participle. aggy.