Xavier Worthy needs to ask Quinn Ewers to Pluckers

StassneyHorn

22 hours ago, Ignatius said:

I don’t know shit about how NIL works, but doesn’t UT has little/no say in how much total NIL $$ a player can make?

Ummm... yes suuuure that's exactly how it's being done

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

21 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Hadn’t this guy been proven to be a fraud?

Yes 100 percent 

19 hours ago, kevwun said:

According to NCAA rules, yes.  It's widely doubted if they can enforce in anymore though.

They enforced on Billingsley this year. There won't be a guy who has gone in the portal try to go a 2nd time and test it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Jesus dude, why do you always pick up other people's arguments for them way after the fact?  I get what he said, and also gave his average from last year, when he had a QB who could deliver a semi-accurate downfield pass.  And none of the above matters because I counted up the drops he had this year through the TCU game, and it's nowhere near 400 yards.  Here they are with approximately how many yards he would have picked up, had he caught the ball.  Just for sake of argument, I've included some passes which weren't really drops, but were contested balls where he got a hand on it, or ones where he didn't survive the ground:

1. 41
  2. 38
  3. 10
  4. 21
  5. 19
  6. 3
  7. 28
  8. 16
  9. 3

It's around 179 yards.  That's not 400.  That's not even 300.  It's 179, and that includes about 80 yards of debatable ones that weren't technically drops or weren't all his fault (thrown behind him, etc.).  Is that good that he didn't catch that many balls that were catchable?  Of course not.  But it sure as heck wasn't anywhere close to 400 yards of drops, which was my only point.

how many lost points? how many killed drives?

11 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

how many lost points? how many killed drives?

How about you watch the video and tell us, because I already spent an hour watching it twice and replaying some of the plays more than that.  I'll estimate 2 million lost points and 300,000 killed drives.  Also, Quinn threw it out of bounds approximately 140,000 times.  I hope these numbers make everyone happy.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

How about you watch the video and tell us, because I already spent an hour watching it twice and replaying some of the plays more than that.  I'll estimate 2 million lost points and 300,000 killed drives.  Also, Quinn threw it out of bounds approximately 140,000 times.  I hope these numbers make everyone happy.

How about we just agree that he's not worth the effort.

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

What are you even going on about?  Why would I bother spending time trying to figure out if a dropped pass meant we lost points, when two plays later, we might have scored?  And how would I determine if a drive stalled because of a drop if it was first or second down?  Even if we found out these barely had an effect on games (i.e. some were in games like OU), the people who shit on Worthy would still shit on Worthy.  Who the fuck cares man?...we won the games we won and we lost the games we lost.  Losing a game didn't come down to Worthy dropping a pass, or Quinn throwing an INT, or the defense shitting the bed.  It was a team loss, just like our wins are team wins.  And if you want to pin the losses on Worthy, then credit him for helping win games like ISU.

On 11/27/2022 at 12:46 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Every time he's targeted from ULM thru TCU game. Changed my view some. It's clear he'd be lethal with better throws and worth every penny.

Watch your video and then just watch a few minutes of this video. This dude isn't the athlete X is but his want to is 1000 times better. Fighting for the ball. Adjusting. High pointing. Winning 50/50. 

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out. Granted, there were a lot of problems beyond his control, sophomore slump, bad year, who knows. On the other hand there were other(many?) Instances where I felt WTF, plant that MF on the pine.

I do feel if he's looking to make it to the big time NFL, there's a lot of tape to give teams the attitude of "thanks, but no thanks".

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Worthy posted on Instagram from the Children’s hospital with T. Sweat.  He also added a photo of him making a heart with his hands wearing UT gloves.  As of today, sounds like he’s staying.

31 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

image.jpeg.4e527a9031691b57e4a8c04060bc842c.jpeg

From the Transfer thread on recruiting board.

Pretty sure this is NIL work. If the guy wants to get paid, he has to put the work in with the hospital and on social media. No reason to stop doing that even if you are transferring, I would assume. 

Not trying to shit on keeping the guy or anything, but it seems ... unlikely.

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Pretty sure this is NIL work. If the guy wants to get paid, he has to put the work in with the hospital and on social media. No reason to stop doing that even if you are transferring, I would assume. 

Not trying to shit on keeping the guy or anything, but it seems ... unlikely.

the shawshank redemption life GIF

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Worthy posted on Instagram from the Children’s hospital with T. Sweat.  He also added a photo of him making a heart with his hands wearing UT gloves.  As of today, sounds like he’s staying.

Let me know when he posts a picture doing this.....

hi-res-6072708_crop_north.jpg?1373841697

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/27/2022 at 3:48 PM, closetojumping said:

Just understand that we’re not talking about any sort of investment when NIL is being discussed. This is straight up people giving their money away to a college athlete saying “fuck you, pay me”. It’s not gratifying and there is nothing coming back your way other than a thanks. 

Maybe that doesn’t work for you, but you don’t even give to Burnt Ends, so you’ve got to understand the logic on some level. 

Corporate NIL will always help Texas, and Worthy has some of that, but if there is another school with as much or more corporate NIL wherewithal, it is USC. Hell, I’m surprised promises to get guys into a movie or tv show for a speaking cameo haven’t been tossed out already. 

Good thing StarWars isn't really a big deal for the brethren.

On 11/27/2022 at 3:48 PM, closetojumping said:

Just understand that we’re not talking about any sort of investment when NIL is being discussed. This is straight up people giving their money away to a college athlete saying “fuck you, pay me”. It’s not gratifying and there is nothing coming back your way other than a thanks. 

Maybe that doesn’t work for you, but you don’t even give to Burnt Ends, so you’ve got to understand the logic on some level. 

Corporate NIL will always help Texas, and Worthy has some of that, but if there is another school with as much or more corporate NIL wherewithal, it is USC. Hell, I’m surprised promises to get guys into a movie or tv show for a speaking cameo haven’t been tossed out already. 

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

Hold up. Black guys don’t dig Star Wars? I don’t know how that one got by me. Maybe because I don’t really dig it the way other folks do either, but that still surprises me.