oSu sark post presser

Hagbard Celine

PK knew, from their film that they were going to attack the middle of the field, and yet the middle of the field was exposed repeatedly. 

Ask Patterson to take over the defense with the title of defensive head coach, give him PK’s salary, plus 1.5 mil from Sark’s salary and make him say no. Fire both secondary coaches & PK no later than the end of the season either way. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I've reached the point in this current coaching tenure where everything they say in a press conference just pisses me off.

I quit listening two minutes in.  He seems to have a firm grasp on why we lost, but no fucking clue what to do about it.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

I can't disagree with much he said there. I noticed the man coverage, and I saw him adjust to it in the pass game only for the guys to fail to execute.

I'll go back and check the running numbers eventually, but that one drive was very frustrating to see him ruin the drive by letting Quinn miss a wide open Keilan Robinson on the sideline.

WRT the defensive gameplan, TCU laid out the blueprint and it looks like we planned for our guys to stop the inside shit. They still failed to play with inside leverage with any real consistency. This feels like more of a Joseph/Gideon failure to teach their guys proper technique.

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i mean clearly it's too hard for us half the time

gif-elmoshrug.gif

They won’t let us coach and shit but I’d take the $800,000 a game the good ones get and give it my best shot. Sark looked like his playbook had all the answers today because almost all the shots had him looking at it repeatedly and squatting 

• Like 1

That was without question the most frustrating game i can remember seeing going back years. 

It wasnt a fluke injury. Wasnt 1 or 2 or 3 mistakes or bad calls.

It was a QB misconnecting over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.  And the team still had the mercy of a lead/tie on the scoreboard. And ole Drunk McFarcesian didn’t think to sub another guy for atleast a possession or 2. 

Hung himself with his own rope. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Atticus said:

I can't disagree with much he said there. I noticed the man coverage, and I saw him adjust to it in the pass game only for the guys to fail to execute.

I'll go back and check the running numbers eventually, but that one drive was very frustrating to see him ruin the drive by letting Quinn miss a wide open Keilan Robinson on the sideline.

WRT the defensive gameplan, TCU laid out the blueprint and it looks like we planned for our guys to stop the inside shit. They still failed to play with inside leverage with any real consistency. This feels like more of a Joseph/Gideon failure to teach their guys proper technique.

Seems like the only thing Gideon has taught them is how to drop interceptions 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

It’s concerning that Sark said he never even considered pulling Quinn. Hell, even Peyton Manning was benched for Brock Osweiler during  Denver’s most recent Super Bowl winning season. Dabo benched DJ for stinking it up, all in the name of exhausting all possibilities to WIN THE GAME. It’s disrespectful to the team to not give the next man up at least a shot to make a spark. I gave Sark a pass last year, as it was year 1, but a man is what his habits show you he is. 

A super bowl winning team, a national championship HC, and Steve Sarkisian. Which one of these things is not like the other? This isn’t hard, guys. It wasn’t when he was hired and it isn’t now.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Every other game, Sark says we need to play tighter coverage.  At this point, is it Terry Joeseph or PK that isn’t calling the right coverages?  Sark needs to fire his coaches if they won’t call the games like he wants them.  

Rod Babers says our inside rout issue is because DBs are not taught inside leverage and our LBs are good against the run but can't cover. So DBs are allowing receivers to run routes right into our biggest weakness. I call it the slant issue he calls inside routs and everyone here calls it our PK issue. Regardless of name we all have been watching it kill us since the second half of Alabama without even an attempt to address it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

I honestly just don’t fucking care anymore. This team is still the same team as last year. Same mistakes. Same trends. Same shit diff number on calendar. Nothing changes. No adjustments.  Literally in the game thread when we went up 31-17. Someone posted. Cool just like Texas tech or some shit. I literally felt at that moment we were gonna lose the game the fact we got to 30 points is a flat out fucking miracle.   

Why doesn’t Sark get pissed in one of these Pressers?   If it were me, I’d go in like a prosecutor and throw all the evidence going back the Bama game and the UTSA (Overshown getting thrown out) of the Rig 12 officiating screwing  us and then say go ahead an fine me you bastards.    He’d get some serious respect and go fund me drive to help pay for whatever fine the Big 12 commish determines for criticizing the Refs.    F the Rig 12 and their decorum.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m more mad at myself for clicking the play button. I knew it would make me more angrier but I did it anyways. Watching those is like the times I drunk banged the fatties on the forty acres because I was horny af. In the moment it’s all wet so it’s cool, afterwards it’s just disgust.

There is literally nothing a Texas coach can say in a post-game press conference after a loss that would make a fan feel better.  If you want to watch it as a reason to scream or because you're a masochist go for it.