2022 World Series Thread - Phillies v Astros

tx 3 putt

36 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Absolutely.  Definitely need to replace Wrigley Field and Fenway with domes.

Funny, but irrelevant. I believe the discussion was about new stadiums that have been built, not replacing century old ones. 

You don’t need a roof in Southern California. And I don’t think anyone would advocate replacing Wrigley or Fenway or even any existing completely ordinary stadium for that matter. But there’s no good reason for any baseball stadium built in this century to not have at least a retractable roof in any part of the country where weather is a regular factor. It’s not football where you can just play on in inclement weather. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Funny, but irrelevant. I believe the discussion was about new stadiums that have been built, not replacing century old ones. 

You don’t need a roof in Southern California. And I don’t think anyone would advocate replacing Wrigley or Fenway or even any existing completely ordinary stadium for that matter. But there’s no good reason for any baseball stadium built in this century to not have at least a retractable roof in any part of the country where weather is a regular factor. It’s not football where you can just play on in inclement weather. 

$$$$$

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

As already commented, the Yankees spent 2.3 billion on their new stadium that opened in 2009.  They absolutely could have put a fucking roof on it.  

And it would have cost more.  Guess they didn't think it was worth it.

Edited by WBT

3 hours ago, formermav43 said:

They force taxpayers to foot the bill for them anyway, what’s a few hundred million more?

Yep. Sports welfare. We do the same here with COTA. $300M so far. $200M more in the pipeline. Big difference is that with COTA, the State of Texas has no ownership stake in COTA, unlike Yankee Stadium.

Oh, and fuck Larry Bowa.

Edited by wood

I’m seriously not trolling when I say 80% of them didn’t follow baseball before 2015. They’ve already fired up the “it should be 2-2-1-1-1” format excuse. Every baseball fan knows why that’s monumentally stupid. But they don’t, because they don’t know the sport.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m seriously not trolling when I say 80% of them didn’t follow baseball before 2015. They’ve already fired up the “it should be 2-2-1-1-1” format excuse. Every baseball fan knows why that’s monumentally stupid. But they don’t, because they don’t know the sport.

quinn fabray moron GIF

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

you honestly think 80% of Astros fans on this board became fans in 2015, I seriously hope you aren't that stupid.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

80-85% of your current total fanbase easily. Obviously anyone posting online about a team is a little more diehard so on this board it’s definitely safe to say 50-60% of you are recent bandwagoners. 

Edit for holy shit Altuve sucks this postseason.

Edited by Helobious
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

80-85% of your current total fanbase easily. Obviously anyone posting online about a team is a little more diehard so on this board it’s definitely safe to say 50-60% of you are recent bandwagoners. 

You have no idea what you're talking about. Most Astros fans are H-Town to the bone and life long fans. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Most Astros fans are H-Town to the bone and life long fans. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I'm not saying it's 80% either but y'all have a very healthy amount of bandwagon fans. Especially outside Houston. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You, a fucking Yankees fan from the Valley, who is literally the fucking definition of a bandwagon fan…fucking really?  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1