2022 World Series Thread - Phillies v Astros

tx 3 putt

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I guess I'll have to introduce you to these guys:

Should I go check page 2 of this thread, or is that enough?

There are definitely some dumb moronic muddaskunt Astros fans . the universe is a mirror so you have Helo as a response. I wish we could put them all in the Fletcher Memorial Home and let the same people remain.

Meanwhile Dusty's theme song

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I doubt that's a real ticket. 

Yeah, I think the books like to circulate stuff like that to encourage crazy parlay betting.

That said, I was at the game and when Bohm was introduced pre-game, a guy in front of me at concessions said "Bohm home run, $100 to win $950 baby!". My thought was, you wasted your money dude. Turns out he was a happy bro about an hour later.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Yeah, I think the books like to circulate stuff like that to encourage crazy parlay betting.

That said, I was at the game and when Bohm was introduced pre-game, a guy in front of me at concessions said "Bohm home run, $100 to win $950 baby!". My thought was, you wasted your money dude. Turns out he was a happy bro about an hour later.

I mean there are dipshits that make tons of parlay bets like that but I feel like it's usually in smaller denominations than $100. 

13 hours ago, sidis said:

I’m just trying to imagine how shitty my life would have to be for me to actually spend time trolling a World Series thread that not only didn’t involve my team…but involved a team that just swept my team in humiliating fashion.

im pretty sure I’d just kill myself before I let my life get that sad. But hey, I’m often amazed at how dipshit losers can carry on…

anyway, this game sucked. on to the next one…

Have you spent much time in the RGV?

stop posting in this thread. First and final warning. That doesn't mean go to the other Astros thread where people are talking world series. You have lost the privilege of interacting with the community for the rest of this series. 

Wait what is this? Look Helo is a dipshit but he didn’t barge into the Astros thread that I am aware of. He’s doing the same thing almost all of us do on here with aggy or maybe more situationally correct the Sooners (many times after they kicked the shit out of us just like Houston kicked the shit out of the Yankees) where they talk shit and revel in the misery of a rival and or somebody who kicked shit out of us.

This happens often in the soccer threads with general rule seeming to be talk some shit in the EPL thread, don’t go picking a fight in the Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea thread etc (doesn’t stop TexanbyChoice but I digress)

Not to mention the post that set this off for whatever reason involved legitimate discourse that is being discussed in the sporting world today.

As somebody said this is lame.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, immamac said:

stop posting in this thread. First and final warning. That doesn't mean go to the other Astros thread where people are talking world series. You have lost the privilege of interacting with the community for the rest of this series. 

This is ridiculous.  What a joke.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, immamac said:

I’m an Astro fan and live to point out Helo’s stupidity and even I think you made a mistake. This thread is fair game. And the post you highlighted as the reason for a warning might have been his least trollish of the year. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’m seriously not trolling when I say 80% of them didn’t follow baseball before 2015. They’ve already fired up the “it should be 2-2-1-1-1” format excuse. Every baseball fan knows why that’s monumentally stupid. But they don’t, because they don’t know the sport.

As usual, you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, dipshit. I've played, followed, and coached baseball since the early 70s and have followed the Astros closely since the late 70s when we came to Texas. Probably longer than your stupid ass has been on the planet. And yeah, I'm one of the guys hating on the 2-3-2. You can agree with me, or not, but I didn't start hating it yesterday, dumbass. It started years ago.  Go fuck yourself.

• Haha 1

The Helo back-and-forths are funny. He'll post funny shit sometimes as will people ragging on him. He's not a spiteful person or being mean for no reason. He loves the Yankees and hates the Astros. And does things like post Derek Jeter interviews in a thread about two teams that aren't the Yankees. 

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yeah when I was going to 85% empty games at MMP in 2011 they were really htown to the bone.  

This, coming from the "Yankee Fan" who quit on 'his' team and started talking shit about them when they were tied 1-1 in the ALCS ... just like the little pussy-ass bitch we all know he is. 

14 hours ago, sidis said:

I’m just trying to imagine how shitty my life would have to be for me to actually spend time trolling a World Series thread that not only didn’t involve my team…but involved a team that just swept my team in humiliating fashion.

im pretty sure I’d just kill myself before I let my life get that sad. But hey, I’m often amazed at how dipshit losers can carry on…

anyway, this game sucked. on to the next one…

All of this. And yep, the Astros are down 2-1, and hell, they might not win this thing, which we all knew coming in ... but it's not over yet. Still gotta play the games.

Serious question, what did Helo do to get banned from this thread? He loves the Yankees and when they aren’t playing he focuses his energy on hating the Astros. Is that prohibited now? Is he banned simply because he is unpopular with Astros fans?

I understand prohibiting Helo and other Astros haters from posting in the Astros thread, but this thread should be fair game for everyone.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 1leggedduck said:

Have you spent much time in the RGV?

oh christ.  fuck no.

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

I have Penelope negging every one of my posts and sidis telling me I should commit suicide. Over a baseball game. I feel like Beethoven at Theater an der Wien. 

you misinterpret...i was expressing admiration about one's perseverance.  if i looked in a mirror and saw a dude whose raison d'être was to breathlessly post countless troll posts about a team that owned my consciousness so deeply that i had thousands of posts about nothing but the astros despite them completely owning the team for whom i root...on top of being a no-show chickenshit whenever my dumbfuck shit talk from which i get some sort of infantile satisfaction ends in my team getting swept...i'd have a hard time respecting the pathetic nature of who i saw and carrying on.  particularly if it was all just over a baseball game.

i admire anyone that can persist in those conditions.  it's impressive.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

The Helo back-and-forths are funny. He'll post funny shit sometimes as will people ragging on him. He's not a spiteful person or being mean for no reason. He loves the Yankees and hates the Astros. And does things like post Derek Jeter interviews in a thread about two teams that aren't the Yankees. 

but being a little bitch that doesn't own up when the bill comes kind of destroys any humorous credibility/foundation.  look at zepol...he came barging into the austin fc thread like a mentally disabled emu with sophomoric shit talk about noisemakers or some dumb shit prior to the conference semis but he showed up afterwards and owned it like a dude when his team took the L. that's respectable.  helobious is just a psychotic fatal attraction stalker boiling plush orbits in a pot with zero self-awareness and a penchant for routinely stepping on his own dick.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, he's 114.

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

One time, I had Frank Sinatra in this here chair.  And I said to him, "Frank, just between you and me...how old was Mattress Mack when  he fought them Phillies?"  And he said, "157 years old!  You believe that shit?"  

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Stop. He isn't a day over 102. 

Paging ArmyBrat..... We need a ruling here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

he has complete lack of self awareness and is a douche bag, this forum is better off without him

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

Serious question, what did Helo do to get banned from this thread? He loves the Yankees and when they aren’t playing he focuses his energy on hating the Astros. Is that prohibited now? Is he banned simply because he is unpopular with Astros fans?

I understand prohibiting Helo and other Astros haters from posting in the Astros thread, but this thread should be fair game for everyone.

I got 5+ reports of helo in this thread. I don't read this thread I just don't want to deal with everyone whining about it. I figured with that many people reporting it he was the one that was in the wrong and I came in here and all he was talking about was the yankees which makes no fucking sense in this thread so I figured it was justified. IDGAF honestly.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Well shit guess I have to cancel all those #FreeHelo shirts I ordered. 

I will dial back in here anyway, astro fan sensitivity has been exposed to the masses. The cake is baked.

Series is over in two games anyway(That’s 4-1 Phils for those who don’t math) so I say have at it.

4 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Wait what is this? Look Helo is a dipshit but he didn’t barge into the Astros thread that I am aware of. He’s doing the same thing almost all of us do on here with aggy or maybe more situationally correct the Sooners (many times after they kicked the shit out of us just like Houston kicked the shit out of the Yankees) where they talk shit and revel in the misery of a rival and or somebody who kicked shit out of us.

This happens often in the soccer threads with general rule seeming to be talk some shit in the EPL thread, don’t go picking a fight in the Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea thread etc (doesn’t stop TexanbyChoice but I digress)

Not to mention the post that set this off for whatever reason involved legitimate discourse that is being discussed in the sporting world today.

As somebody said this is lame.

Agreed.  Let’s not mod things to boring.  Where would the baseball board be without Helobious saying he could outhit major leaguers?  Dumbshittery is our hallmark.  Free Helo!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I got 5+ reports of helo in this thread. I don't read this thread I just don't want to deal with everyone whining about it. I figured with that many people reporting it he was the one that was in the wrong and I came in here and all he was talking about was the yankees which makes no fucking sense in this thread so I figured it was justified. IDGAF honestly.

You're doing it wrong, asshole. You're supposed to double down and threaten to ban anyone who's posts have even a hint of criticism. And also you're supposed to say "i'm not in the mood/too tired to deal with this BS".

• Hook 'Em 1