2022 World Series Thread - Phillies v Astros

tx 3 putt

14 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They started talking about a no hitter in the fucking 4th.  Smoltz should get kicked in the nuts.

Smoltz didn't. He didn't say anything about it til it was over, then he took a little dig at the PxP guy and said "I just can't do that". 

But he's still John Smoltz, so yeah, a good nut-kicking is definitely in order.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They started talking about a no hitter in the fucking 4th.  Smoltz should get kicked in the nuts.

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Smoltz didn't. He didn't say anything about it til it was over, then he took a little dig at the PxP guy and said "I just can't do that". 

But he's still John Smoltz, so yeah, a good nut-kicking is definitely in order.

Jokes on you both.  Smoltz has no nuts.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Animated GIF

Nope. He legitimately believes that to be true. 

On 6/25/2022 at 3:23 PM, Helobious said:

Not a legitimate no hitter obviously but that shit still really fucking sucked.

On 7/21/2022 at 9:34 AM, Helobious said:

Didn’t realize javier started the fake no hitter game. That actually bodes well for the yanks today, no one dominates a lineup twice in that short of a time span. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

Helo is like that married husband who wants to take the whole thing up the ass in a fancy hotel room but settles for a handy in the bathroom at Buddy's. His obsession is obvious and he so badly wants to be an Astros fan but he just can't come out of the closet to admit who he is. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Helo is like that married husband who wants to take the whole thing up the ass in a fancy hotel room but settles for a handy in the bathroom at Buddy's. His obsession is obvious and he so badly wants to be an Astros fan but he just can't come out of the closet to admit who he is. 

Speaking from experience?

Javier is a great pitcher. This game is both an impressive team accomplishment and also not a legitimate no hitter. All of those things can be true at once and they are. Tonight sucked. Whatever, looking forward to verlander and his awesome World Series magic tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

19 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So if 4 of us fuck your mother, is she still fucked, or does it only count if it's 1 of us the whole time?

29 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Nope. He legitimately believes that to be true. 

Your team won a World Series game on a combined no-hitter and you're posting about Helo?

Y'all need real help.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Your team won a World Series game on a combined no-hitter and you're posting about Helo?

Y'all need real help.

The fact that I'm posting about Helo in this thread in the wake of that shows you how much that no-no means to me. It's cool, yeah, but the series-tying win is what matters, I reserve that commentary for the Astros thread.

Helo is a bitchboy crybaby regardless. 

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

FUCK ALL YALL INDEED

You may get the last laugh at our expense, but we Astros fans get to enjoy another baseball game in Houston. In November..

Pretty cool all things considered. 

If we lose, we at least had the second no hitter of all time in the WS. I feel like thats still in special company and should be celebrated as such even if we lose the series

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

If we lose, we at least had the second no hitter of all time in the WS. I feel like thats still in special company and should be celebrated as such even if we lose the series

IDMAS if the Astros lose, and if they win it's just a hood ornament.

Javier is a badass either way.

This is exactly the right attitude and it mirrors what the Astros felt after McCullers got his shit pushed in last night. Losses are never wins but some are easier to stomach than others and easier to not ruminate on what could have been. Philly's bats are dangerous and they aren't going away quietly. 

Justin Verlander can't assume the Phillies are lacking confidence after Javier's gem, he has to be on point early in the count with quality strikes. They're going to make him work. I'm rubbing all my candelarios to give JV the strength to avoid those HRs....

;

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

This is exactly the right attitude and it mirrors what the Astros felt after McCullers got his shit pushed in last night.

This is what most of the newcomers don’t understand. Momentum in baseball is tomorrow’s starter. 

Quoting Helo after a no-no is fucking embarrassing, we have a best-of-3 World Series now. That’s what true baseball fans know. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Jesus, Gourmand got negged by one of his own for that post. Those guys fucking hate everything. 

I;m going with fat finger mistake rep

Philly is dangerous and white hot over the last three weeks or so. They could very easily take JV deep a couple of times early in the game and set a tone that quickly erases what Javier did tonight. I'm an Astros diehard so that is the last thing I want to happen but Verlander's career postseason stats have to make Philly fans a bit less nervous about gm 5. Gambler's fallacy is screaming at me that Verlander is due.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

All you bandwagon Phillies fans, how’s your team thread these days?  Hate us cause you ain’t us, it’s fine. 

According to this fucking idiot, ONLY @Bartles should be allowed on this thread. 

Every single fan of another team should be banned from all MLB threads the millisecond their season is over. 

Reading comprehension is hard.

I didn’t say non-Astros fans aren’t allowed on this thread, or that it’s only for Astros or Phillies fans. Just talking shit back at those who are on here solely to hate the Stros. 

And really? Not Derka? Hmm. I thought I had the basics of “Board Discussion” down but obviously not. 

Edited by Planet Houston

9 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Baseball and a little melatonin always puts me right to sleep

Given the handle, you probably prefer that spicy Scottish cuisine over Tex Mex too...

6 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

Holy shit this is embarrassing. I hope you're kidding. 

You realize that came a game after Philly tied the WS record for home runs in a single game, correct? 

And it was combined. I mean GMAB.

Edited by ztejas

7 hours ago, Gourmand said:

FUCK ALL YALL INDEED

You may get the last laugh at our expense, but we Astros fans get to enjoy another baseball game in Houston. In November..

Pretty cool all things considered. 

I like y'all again in the series now. Was leaning PHI after G3 but G4 felt like must win for HOU and they got it done. I think you can even lose tonight and still be in the driver's seat to some degree.