2022 World Series Thread - Phillies v Astros

tx 3 putt

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I guess I don’t get it.

I just listed an SRO for $644.

it shows to buyers at $579.60 (10% less) which is what I’ll be getting.

(or maybe I’m the StubHub 10%er…. Doubtful.. I sell only a handful of tickets on there each year)

The fees change constantly. Besides the buyer will pay closer to $725.

For whatever reason, stubhub must want more WS ticket supply so they’re enticing you with 10% fees but sticking the buyer with 25%. Large percentages for only making the market. And the buyer pays for a per order fee as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

If it is, someone did a fantastic job. Going all CSI, the footprint where he landed and the impression of his right arm, where both landed pretty hard, seem to matchup. 

Lol! This. ^^^
Of all things going on and related to this series why the fuck would anyone go to the trouble of conjuring up a fake pic of something totally insignificant in the scheme of it all. The catch, which everyone saw, is enough on its own merit and doesn’t need any extra embellishment such as a fake pic to help commemorate it. It was a great catch. Great catches happen in pro baseball all year. And yes, it lines up exactly with the replay. It’s not a big deal, just one of many interesting pics that can happen in any game.

It's fake to me. Numbers on jerseys don't leave imprints on dirt. It's a stupid Facebook thing.

Also how did that friend of a friend get that photo at pretty much at a perfect 90 degree angle. I call bullshit. 

Edited by mycox

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

well it's real, so.

Re-watching the catch vid, not only is the warning track dirt way way darker than in that photo but there doesn’t seem to be a way to get the angle for that shot from the stands like that. Seats are set too far back. Also doesn’t look like there’s any astro fans in that front row. And then when McCormick gets up it looks like there’s no imprint at all in the dirt. Also where’s the white edging/railing you see in the bottom right corner in the photo? Nothing like that on the Philly wall, and it’s too close to the foreground to be the concrete basing.

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Re-watching the catch vid, not only is the warning track dirt way way darker than in that photo but there doesn’t seem to be a way to get the angle for that shot from the stands like that. Seats are set too far back. Also doesn’t look like there’s any astro fans in that front row. And then when McCormick gets up it looks like there’s no imprint at all in the dirt. Also where’s the white edging/railing you see in the bottom right corner in the photo? Nothing like that on the Philly wall, and it’s too close to the foreground to be the concrete basing.

I look forward to the Jomboy full blown zapruder analysis 🙄 

7 hours ago, mycox said:

It's fake to me. Numbers on jerseys don't leave imprints on dirt. It's a stupid Facebook thing.

Also how did that friend of a friend get that photo at pretty much at a perfect 90 degree angle. I call bullshit. 

The sewn on numbers can  absolutely have a profile that is significantly raised from the fabric of the jersey.

Tailor out front shoulda told ya.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

The sewn on number absolutely have a profile that is raised from the fabric of the jersey.

The numbers are absolutely raised up on the real MLB jerseys and could leave a mark just like that.  Of course I wouldn’t expect a fan of a team pushing some sort of bizarre fake electronic buzzer theory to simply accept this idea. Guess he’s bored since his team was swept and removed from postseason consideration by daddy.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/Chas-McCormick-dirt-imprint-photo-real-Astros-fan-17560296.php

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, mycox said:

Yeah, I rely on Facebook as a credible source, so

the guy who shared that has been posting here for 20+ years, going back as far as hornfans of not further back. we know him. he's not a liar. and he's definitely not someone who would go out of his way to fabricate something like this. it's a real photo. 

1 hour ago, slorch said:

The sewn on numbers can  absolutely have a profile that is significantly raised from the fabric of the jersey.

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

The numbers are absolutely raised up on the real MLB jerseys and could leave a mark just like that.  Of course I wouldn’t expect a fan of a team pushing some sort of bizarre fake electronic buzzer theory to simply accept this idea. Guess he’s bored since his team was swept and removed from postseason consideration by daddy.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/Chas-McCormick-dirt-imprint-photo-real-Astros-fan-17560296.php

23 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the guy who shared that has been posting here for 20+ years, going back as far as hornfans of not further back. we know him. he's not a liar. and he's definitely not someone who would go out of his way to fabricate something like this. it's a real photo. 

There’s an icono tailored jersey joke in here somewhere but I haven’t been able to fully derive it yet. 

and of course the numbers on authentic player jerseys can leave an imprint because they’re sewn on/raised and warning track dirt is going to be ultra-fine…

but you’re talking about someone genuinely dumb enough to believe that perceiving the color of the dirt at night at a 20 degree angle on tv as darker than when sitting directly above it under stadium lights is the giveaway. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

It's definitely real. First, why would anyone fake something like that in PS? And second, that would be an insanely hard image to put together and certainly take more time than whatever it was between the catch and it being posted.

Edited by ztejas

Well shit. I drunkenly got sucked into this thread contributing to off-topic bullshit. The same thing I was bitching about a few pages up. Maybe real, I just doubt 90% shit I see on social media.

Go Astros.

Edited by mycox

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

It's definitely real. First, why would anyone fake something like that in PS? And second, that would be an insanely hard image to put together and certainly take more time than whatever it was between the catch and it being posted.

Never underestimate the dumb stuff people will do on the internet. Ever. It could very well be a real pic, I’m just asking questions.

Ratings bloodbath tonight? Obviously UGA-Tenn takes the cake today and will be over by game time, but there’s still several good CFB games tonight. Us/K-State, Bama/LSU, Clemson/ND, Wake/NC State (that one won’t draw much probably). In a game 7 scenario tomorrow I wonder if baseball can outdraw Titans/Chiefs. I lean towards that it actually would.

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Never underestimate the dumb stuff people will do on the internet. Ever. It could very well be a real pic, I’m just asking questions.

Ratings bloodbath tonight? Obviously UGA-Tenn takes the cake today and will be over by game time, but there’s still several good CFB games tonight. Us/K-State, Bama/LSU, Clemson/ND, Wake/NC State (that one won’t draw much probably). In a game 7 scenario tomorrow I wonder if baseball can outdraw Titans/Chiefs. I lean towards that it actually would.

Username checks out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

No way. Titans chiefs by a bunch in the ratings. Football clowns everything in the ratings. 

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Clinching game and the Astros are wearing those ugly glorified spring training jerseys? 

They always wear those dark blues when Valdez pitches to camouflage the illegal substances he needs wipes off before getting checked. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1