2022 World Series Thread - Phillies v Astros

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

You dumbasses know he’s a lefty, right?

You know he could still have substance on his right hand and rub it with his left throughout the game right? 

This thing is the talk of baseball social media world right now. Everyone knows you’re nothing but cheaters. Again.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 10

It's hilarious how easily sheep fall for these conspiracy theories. Sheep whose teams have already been swept by the Astros. Umps checked Framber every inning, found nothing. Jokes on them, they would have found the buzzer on Jose but they didn't ask him to take off his shirt.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

Can this org ever not cheat?

Can MLB ever accept just how fucking great the franchise is in Houston, TX?

But hell, MLB must be in on it this time; as Valdez got checked walking off the field at least 6 times.  Crank that tinfoil, haters!!!

Edited by slorch

It occurs to me that the Astros have the baseball gods on their side specifically because idiots like Helobious and Passan never shut up about the sign stealing from 5 years ago. A type of cheating that has been happening for over 100 years in Major League Baseball. The Astros are good but 6 LCS in a row requires some good fortune and the favor of the baseball gods. 

So thanks to them all, I worry that when they finally just accept that the Astros were and are a better team that the postseason winning will regress to the mean. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Umps get a 2" cushion in MLB's grading system so they can miss a call and not be dinged for it.

So your only job is to assess a pitch's location, relative to an imaginary box, and you get a 2" cushion when you're wrong? OK. Then why not give the pitcher that same cushion? I mean, he actually had to do something beside watch. 

• Haha 1

MLB let them have the cushion in the last CBA with the Umpire's Union. It's really stupid, but not really surprising considering how many terrible umpires there are.  If they graded based on the actual strikezone they would have to explain how it was ok that shitty umpires sometimes miss 20 or 30 calls in a game.

Edited by kevwun

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

MLB let them have the cushion in the last CBA with the Umpire's Union. It's really stupid, but not really surprising considering how many terrible umpires there are.  If they graded based on the actual strikezone they would have to explain how it was ok that Angel Hernandez misses 20 or 30 calls in a game.

FIFY

I agree some sort of cushion is okay, but 2 inches is too much. I think a 1 inch cushion is completely reasonable when comparing human umps to machines.

Now of course I want the machines to call balls and strikes but if they're not then dinging an umpire for calling a strike on a ball that missed the zone by 1/64" is silly, or calling a ball on a pitch that caught the zone by half of one stitch on the very front edge of the zone before being caught 2-3 inches wide of the plate.

• Hook 'Em 1