2023 Yankees Official Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

What's next for Yankees? Three key questions with futures of Aaron Judge, Aaron Boone uncertain after sweep - CBSSports.com

Seems to be a good summary.    Thoughts, @Helobious ?    

Hal Steinbrenner needs to grow a pair.   His father would be ashamed.   Cashman and Boone are very questionable.

(excerpt) 

The Yankees are not the "World Series or bust" team under Hal Steinbrenner that they were under George. They can say whatever they want publicly. Their actions point to a team that prioritizes being good enough to get to the postseason and not much more, and if they run into a championship one of these years, great. Otherwise the postseason is too unpredictable to get hung up on the outcome of a short series.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

This kind of shows what the problem is with the Yankee clubhouse. No one is a competitor and they’re led by a beta, so the team takes on that personality.

You mean that beta that called the team savages in the box that blew Jomboy up and made all the MFY fans jerk off their needle peens?

7 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I thought the GM position was up in the air still....

Nope. They hired Paul Putila, Astros Assistant GM. The Astros brain drain has been going on for awhile yet the machine keeps rolling, which is a real testament of Jim Crane. The man knows what he’s doing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Will never happen but if Crane opened the checkbook to get Judge the tears from New York could be harvested to end the drought in the West  and refill Lake Mead.

fuck Judge forever. he's not welcome on my Astros until he publicly apologizes for his bullshit antics last year in Houston and acknowledges Altuve's 2017 MVP and admits the Astros are just a much better organization than the poverty Yankees.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Will never happen but if Crane opened the checkbook to get Judge the tears from New York could be harvested to end the drought in the West  and refill Lake Mead.

I would much rather Judge light the MFY up for $40mm/yr so that they have 3 albatross contracts to cope with between him, Stanton, & Cole.  If he does leave for something like the Giants or anywhere non-Houston related then yes I will enjoy the MFY tears.

They have $115.54 million committed to Stanton, Cole, Donaldson, LeMahieu, & Hicks next season already.  They are locked into Cole for 6 more years and Stanton for 5 more years.  Having Judge bump that number to $150+mm next year and $100+mm on 3 players until 2027 would be amazing.  Sadly I think Judge knows that would absolutely fuck his World Series chances and so I think that is why he is likely to sign somewhere else that doesn't already have two albatross contracts.

Edited by Pimphand

11 hours ago, Pimphand said:

They have $115.54 million committed to Stanton, Cole, Donaldson, LeMahieu, & Hicks next season already.  They are locked into Cole for 6 more years and Stanton for 5 more years.  Having Judge bump that number to $150+mm next year and $100+mm on 3 players until 2027 would be amazing.  Sadly I think Judge knows that would absolutely fuck his World Series chances and so I think that is why he is likely to sign somewhere else that doesn't already have two albatross contracts.

they have to be feeling pretty good about that cole contract, he's on the books until 2028 lolololol

choked again, in the playoffs when the game counted the most 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Rimbo said:

For you, the day Altuve graced your stadium was the most important game of your life.

But for him, it was Tuesday.

So ... how long do y'all think it took for Helo to quit on his beloved Yanks this series?

• Haha 1