DH Ohtani

LF Stanton

1B LeMahieu

3B Peraza

CF Bader

C Trevino 

Bench: Higashioka, Falefa, Hicks, Florial 

Rotation: Cole, Ohtani, Cortes, Montas, Severino

Bullpen: German, Holmes, Schmidt, Luetge, Peralta, King, Loáisiga, Trivino, Marinaccio

Yankees get:
SP/DH Shohei Ohtani

Angels get:
SS Anthony Volpe
SP Deivi Garcia
IF/OF Oswaldo Cabrera
3B Josh Donaldson

Yankees then sign Judge and Correa

2B Torres
SS Correa
RF Judge
DH Ohtani
LF Stanton
1B LeMahieu
3B Peraza
CF Bader
C Trevino 
Bench: Higashioka, Falefa, Hicks, Florial 
Rotation: Cole, Ohtani, Cortes, Montas, Severino
Bullpen: German, Holmes, Schmidt, Luetge, Peralta, King, Loáisiga, Trivino, Marinaccio

Astros in 6.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

18 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

I hope he stays. It will make you guys the new Angels with that albatross of a contract. 

He understands what it takes to build a winning team and I think he’ll agree to a pretty team friendly deal. Probably 9 or 10 years to lower the AAV hit.

• Haha 2

The only thing 2023 Yankee management should be spending money on is a time machine to go back to 2011 to prevent the Astros from moving to the American League. Then a NYY team from the 2010s could win a pennant.

Edited by n64ra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Even after this year, I would want no part of signing Judge.  I thought the 7 for $213 offer was too much.  He just turned 30 and has already had lots of injury problems.  At his size I don't think he'll age well at all.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WBT said:

Even after this year, I would want no part of signing Judge.  I thought the 7 for $213 offer was too much.  He just turned 30 and has already had lots of injury problems.  At his size I don't think he'll age well at all.

IIRC there were rumors that he counter offered with a 9-10 year deal worth $36mm/yr before the season started. I wish the Yankees would have agreed because paying him $36 mil when he is 40-41 would be badass.

2 hours ago, WBT said:

He just put up back to back years of playing at least 148 games. I don’t know that I’d call that “lots of injury problems”.

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

He just put up back to back years of playing at least 148 games. I don’t know that I’d call that “lots of injury problems”.

Yes, but eventually he'll have to stop using HGH and recovery won't be as easy 😉

He's had lots of injuries.  He's also been spectacular for 2 total seasons and "good" the others.  

Yeah this snowflake generation of players isn’t really cut out for the Bronx or life in general. Everyone’s feelings are too important. If they cared half as much about playing good as they do about their pronouns maybe they wouldn’t get booed. Jeter famously said “I would’ve booed too” after he got booed during a slump in 04. His mentality is sorely missing from sports & America at large nowadays. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Can’t really argue with Jeter.  Does first runner-up world champion feel better than almost made the playoffs?  Not really, just a longer season. 

I thought one of the most fascinating stats at Jeter’s retirement is that he played an essentially an entire season’s worth of games just in the postseason.  

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yeah this snowflake generation of FANS isn’t really cut out for the Bronx or life in general. Everyone’s feelings are too important.

Fixed your incredibly dumb post. I have never seen grown man cry more than the Yankees fans in the past few weeks, with you literally carrying the torch.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It's gonna end up working out for the Yankees.  Guys his size don't age well.  The last several years of whatever deal he signs are probably going to be real bad.

Fuck that, that is why the MFY must sign him to a 10 year half billion dollar deal.

Don't lose hope, guys. What's going to happen is that the Yankees are going to lose him to the Giants in free agency. Then after he has 4 great seasons the Yankees' front office will send a fortune San Francisco's way to reacquire him because of the NY media mocking them incessantly for losing him.

Just in time for him to crash.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Fixed your incredibly dumb post. I have never seen grown man cry more than the Yankees fans in the past few weeks, with you literally carrying the torch.

And the irony of some random guy in South Texas talking about how people aren't cut out for life in the Bronx is amazing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

He unfollowed them because they refused to pay him what he's worth. And now he's going to leave.

It’s not clear he ever followed them to begin with. It’s a giant nothingburger that people are turning into a big story because the rubes like you long for drama & the media feeds them it. 

On 10/27/2022 at 7:49 AM, Helobious said:

Yeah this snowflake generation of players isn’t really cut out for the Bronx or life in general. Everyone’s feelings are too important. If they cared half as much about playing good as they do about their pronouns maybe they wouldn’t get booed.

yep, playing good or pronouns.  those are the two options.

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2022 at 7:12 PM, The Earl of Texas said:

No shit? 

Helobious is carrying around an actual torch?

Should we report this to immamac?  Because that seems like it should be against the rules...

• Haha 2

On 10/27/2022 at 10:49 AM, Helobious said:

Yeah this snowflake generation of players isn’t really cut out for the Bronx or life in general. Everyone’s feelings are too important. If they cared half as much about playing good as they do about their pronouns maybe they wouldn’t get booed. Jeter famously said “I would’ve booed too” after he got booed during a slump in 04. His mentality is sorely missing from sports & America at large nowadays. 

Like you know what the Bronx is like.  Shut the fuck up.

• Like 1