Ads

Creasy Bear

On 11/10/2022 at 2:56 PM, elfenix said:

getting ads in CR (yeah i know i have abp off sometimes it breaks shit)

firefox_2022-11-10_13-52-50.thumb.png.54634789e270f2ff3f93d154d3199867.png

Oh I forgot I saw some weird ad behavior like that and took a screenshot. I shouldn't have ads in CR because burnt tree fiddy etc, but it looks like maybe they can somehow be included in the preview when someone links to another thread? To be clear, I don't give a shit.

B951C242-FF55-454F-9348-AF04A0251D90.thumb.jpeg.0c2f480b4a4438e188a690c5be0f5646.jpeg

actually that's super weird. The comment in question is here - 

. It is in DT, the comment linked within the comment is also in DT, so... not clear why there would be ads anyways. And I'll go back and check on mobile in a second but it looks like the ad is no longer there. Per the screenshot, I saw it on Friday at about noon thirty. Just checked - doesn't show an ad there when I load again on mobile.

Edited by Celery Man

• 4 weeks later...

As I am a luddite dumbass, can somebody tell me how to give a donation to Surly if it reduces the ads that make it so difficult for me to read the threads?

I enjoy this hive of scum and villainy, and as it is free, I’ve got nothing to bitch about. But seriously - if sending some cash will stop the fucking ads - tell me how and how much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

@immamac not sure if you already know this, but I’ve noticed that when someone embeds another post or thread from here into a thread that I’m on, a bottom banner ad shows up on my screen. 

C306BB3B-5BD9-4180-886D-6D25AAA59FA3.png

I have noticed this I'm working on figuring out a fix with the ad team. 

On 12/14/2022 at 11:52 PM, Gatorubet said:

As I am a luddite dumbass, can somebody tell me how to give a donation to Surly if it reduces the ads that make it so difficult for me to read the threads?

I enjoy this hive of scum and villainy, and as it is free, I’ve got nothing to bitch about. But seriously - if sending some cash will stop the fucking ads - tell me how and how much. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/subscriptions/

Thanks as well.  I paid when I was a previous name and no ad issues, and I figure my ad nightmare is because I don't subscribe.  I'm about to go off the grid in madness or subscribe.

My adds move up and down, and block me when I try to type.  They are like gremlins.  Wait, I can get $10 off Amazon if I get a Discover Card?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 9:01 AM, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Thanks as well.  I paid when I was a previous name and no ad issues, and I figure my ad nightmare is because I don't subscribe.  I'm about to go off the grid in madness or subscribe.

My adds move up and down, and block me when I try to type.  They are like gremlins.  Wait, I can get $10 off Amazon if I get a Discover Card?

Signing up fixed it and cured my Ad woes.  Many thanks.  

• 2 weeks later...

Getting bombarded with ads. I got no ads -- I thought due to burnt ends -- for a long time. About a month or so ago I started getting 'em. Now it's a bombardment. Tried clearing cache and signing out as suggested above but no change. I saw a reference to treefiddy the other day for the first time and couldn't find a description for what it is - do I need to sign up for that too?

I get the center 3 ads. I get a popup ad, and I get an ad at the bottom and a blank white box underneath it (the blank box may have something to do with ghostery).

Edited by Chopper