I spent less than $100 on this item, and it changed my life (ok, but it's really awesome)...

FirstTimeCaller

3 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

My old beaten up shoulders can't reach my mid and upper back anymore. This simple gift from the kids has been a game changer- though they still get a kick out of me rubbing my back against corners like a bear.

back-scratcher-hq.jpg?size=details

This is the correct answer, although I stepped up my game. This is what the pros use:

Bear Claw Extendable Back Scratcher

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

My old beaten up shoulders can't reach my mid and upper back anymore. This simple gift from the kids has been a game changer- though they still get a kick out of me rubbing my back against corners like a bear.

back-scratcher-hq.jpg?size=details

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

This is the correct answer, although I stepped up my game. This is what the pros use:

Bear Claw Extendable Back Scratcher

My back scratcher serves other purposes, is ergonomic, and the curve reaches all areas of my back  

926-B7569-E189-4645-9-DD5-A8-A804-B7-D96

Pro tip:  get one with a middle tooth. It allows pinpoint scratching accuracy. Mine is a Good Cook brand. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Like Hooch, I still use wall corners.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Archer said:

We bought a glass washer on Prime Day to replace our soap dispenser , best random impulse buy in a long time. 

HGN Metal Kitchen Sink Glass Rinser,Faucet Glass Rinser for Kitchen Sinks,Bottle Washer,Kitchen Sink Accessories,Stainless Steel,Brush Nickel https://a.co/cUVzJxI

You don’t wash the outside of your glasses?!?!?!?!

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Is that actually worth a shit? Most I've used seem real flimsy

I keep one in my pickup to grab things that inevitably get in the furthest reaches of the bed.

I also have two with suction cups on the tips that don’t really suck, they just have a nice gripping quality. I got those in the As Seen On TV display at WalMart. The one that hangs in my garage is for picking up dog poop. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Is that actually worth a shit? Most I've used seem real flimsy

Yes. I bought 2 for $20 It comes in handy after trash day as our guy always leaves a bag/bottle behind. Also, comes in handy for picking up picking up crap around the yard/house. I bought one for inside and outside. 

Best use is when I want to pinch the wife's ass from the recliner . She pretends she doesn't like it, but I see that smile.

And if you got bad ass kids you can pinch the shit out of them, too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

A thread for all those purchases you've made that were game-changers and you can't imagine life without them.

I'll start with TSA Precheck. I fly 4-5 times a year and it's the best $85 I've ever spent.

What do you got?

I like the precheck because I don't have to take my boots off or my belt, but the last dozen times or so I've flown, the wait and line was actually longer in the pre-check than the general boarding which sucks.

3 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

For my contribution: 

Cheap and invaluable for a lot of handy stuff you need to do around the house or in dark places or just need direct light and access to both hands. 

Going from your iPhone flashlight with one hand (or asking someone to hold one over your shoulder) to this is a game changer, boys.

image.thumb.png.f9c87ed45215b2e779764de66022939d.png

i switched to usb-chargable versions of these and couldn't be happier, but i have a ton of cords around the house and available

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MeerkatBong said:

I like the precheck because I don't have to take my boots off or my belt, but the last dozen times or so I've flown, the wait and line was actually longer in the pre-check than the general boarding which sucks.

Haven't noticed that. I've noticed a number of security checkpoints that don't have a dedicated TSA line, so they give you a card and let you keep your shoes on. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Haven't noticed that. I've noticed a number of security checkpoints that don't have a dedicated TSA line, so they give you a card and let you keep your shoes on. 

Those are smaller, less trafficked airports or the bigger intl airports on off-peak hours and/or lesser trafficked terminals.

2 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

For my contribution: 

Cheap and invaluable for a lot of handy stuff you need to do around the house or in dark places or just need direct light and access to both hands. 

Going from your iPhone flashlight with one hand (or asking someone to hold one over your shoulder) to this is a game changer, boys.

image.thumb.png.f9c87ed45215b2e779764de66022939d.png

But then you can’t growl at your kid to “Hold the goddamn flashlight still!” like my dad did. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

48 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

See: Smaller, less trafficked airport. I thought we were all very cosmopolitan business travelers who trade in world-class cities. just kidding just kidding.

We all have to fly in and out of Aspen on occasion. 

Even commercial sometimes.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My back scratcher serves other purposes, is ergonomic, and the curve reaches all areas of my back  

926-B7569-E189-4645-9-DD5-A8-A804-B7-D96

Pro tip:  get one with a middle tooth. It allows pinpoint scratching accuracy. Mine is a Good Cook brand. 

Note to self politely decline invite to IMWP’s spaghetti dinner

• Haha 4