I spent less than $100 on this item, and it changed my life (ok, but it's really awesome)...

FirstTimeCaller

Dice up some japs with no gloves and then go take a piss. Then report back. Thanks. 
Or dice up some japs, then go have some sexy time a couple hours later. You just thought you washed your hands really good. Nothing like blood curdling screaming when you go to tickle the man in the boat.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:
On 11/19/2022 at 6:36 PM, NorthLoop said:
Dice up some japs with no gloves and then go take a piss. Then report back. Thanks. 

Or dice up some japs, then go have some sexy time a couple hours later. You just thought you washed your hands really good. Nothing like blood curdling screaming when you go to tickle the man in the boat.

This hits close to home. 

Was diablo hot wings. 

Are you fucking serious?  I can pick, peal, and dice an onion in about 15 seconds.  Why double the time getting and putting on gloves?
Should I wear onion goggles too?  Fucking A.
image.thumb.png.494f26b5deb9fe55e79a2c8f94163867.png
Same, and my knives are sharp sharp, but I will put on sunglasses, preferably my Costas, when I'm cutting a bunch of red or yellow onions.

13 hours ago, Born to Run said:
On 11/19/2022 at 6:27 PM, TexasHooch said:
Are you fucking serious?  I can pick, peal, and dice an onion in about 15 seconds.  Why double the time getting and putting on gloves?
Should I wear onion goggles too?  Fucking A.
image.thumb.png.494f26b5deb9fe55e79a2c8f94163867.png

Same, and my knives are sharp sharp, but I will put on sunglasses, preferably my Costas, when I'm cutting a bunch of red or yellow onions.

I was sick this week then had to dice 3 med onions..  Went ahead and put on the ski goggles like I was an Astro

• Like 1

Got a neck and shoulder massager that works wonders. With coupon code and some other incentive, I got it for $40 or so. 

image.png.5a1486fd7991c1f6929413e76ccc70b3.png

I use it in between visits to my masseuse.

https://www.naipocare.com/collections/massagers/products/naipo-neck-back-massager-with-adjustable-heat-and-straps-for-neck-and-back-shoulder-foot-and-legs-deep-gray

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Got a neck and shoulder massager that works wonders. With coupon code and some other incentive, I got it for $40 or so. 
https://www.naipocare.com/collections/massagers/products/naipo-neck-back-massager-with-adjustable-heat-and-straps-for-neck-and-back-shoulder-foot-and-legs-deep-gray

Just nabbed one myself using code BLACK50 for 50% off.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 4:36 PM, gsoda3 said:

i have restless leg syndrome.  i sleep with a weighted blanket, i have an 8 sleep system, and i do yoga to counter the effects of it.  but after physical activity (even something as light as coaching soccer or baseball) i have a really hard time sleeping.  until i was gifted this.  i use this for half an hour or so on both legs' hamstrings and calves before bed and my legs don't bother me. 

Zoom in on Alt View Zoom 11. HoMedics - Cordless Shiatsu Massage Pillow with Soothing Heat - Grey.

Can't find. Link?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/19/2022 at 8:29 AM, Brisketexan said:

If you’re furnishing a dorm room or college apartment, IKEA is THE place to go.

Mattress pads and bedding, simple desks and chairs, basic beds and dressers. Can outfit a full bedroom for under $1000 (if you need a decent mattress, that can bump up the price). We dropped under $1k at an IKEA in both Montreal and Glasgow, and it was so easy (helps that they’re the same everywhere).

Wouldn’t furnish MY grown-ass man house with IKEA, but if you’re young, it’s hard to beat.

I put a full Ikea kitchen in my studio. Good quality and a great price. 

On 11/21/2022 at 6:59 AM, Kwix said:

This hits close to home. 

Was diablo hot wings. 

I cored and stuffed like 20 jalapeños one time without gloves. A few hours later through the next day, I was in pain that I’ve never felt before or since. I didn’t know what the fuck was happening. Looked it up and in extreme cases, people have killed themselves or had to be restrained in a hospital bed and medicated. I don’t think the issue is common knowledge. 

• Hook 'Em 1

71hJgp07X1L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Down to $70 today on Amazon from the usual $100.  

I've actually got the 2000amp version (also down from $200 to $150 today).  If you have cars that love to eat batteries or kids who leave doors ajar/lights on, these things are awesome.  So much simpler and more compact than jumper cables, and works as a USB power bank as well.  My teenage drivers will be getting these as stocking stuffers.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Vibration-Vibrating-Versatile-Shoulders-Lightweight/dp/B00NWQIN7Q

doesn't have to be this exact one, there are lots of knockoffs and similar items. 

Couple years ago I was coerced into holiday shopping. Bed Bath Beyond had chairs out in an aisle. How nice of them right? Except they all had them drape-over full neck/back ones hooked up. 

And out the door it went. (Fuckers)

I’m in the “it helps” camp. Not a miracle, but as originally said, good for maintenance in between chiro/massage appts.

ETA: I’ve been considering one that hangs on your neck/shoulders as well. The other has coverage, but the ones just for neck/shoulder areas would be better, and that’s where a lot of my tension starts. 

Edited by thunderlounge

On 11/20/2022 at 9:54 PM, Hmbre97 said:
On 11/19/2022 at 6:36 PM, NorthLoop said:

“Tickle the man in the boat.”  Hadn’t heard that one yet. 

Cut up a whole bag of these last week and pickled them (took a dozen 8 oz jars)

spacer.png

and did not wear gloves (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5G3S8HL).

But I should have (they don't have that distinctive "Habanero" taste that the orange ones have, much better flavor. That said no, I don't know what the fuck to do w/ 12 jars of pickled sliced habaneros and carrots, jicama, red onions, latter 3 of which are actually edible). They are so tasty I plan on buying another bag for some hot sauce maybe I'll report back.

More on topic if you don't lite your smoker with a weed burner you are the last holdout
(Harbor Frght  https://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-with-push-button-igniter-91037.html)

spacer.png

But I have a smaller smoker at home and I've been using backpacking propane bottles and a smaller weed burner. So far hasn't changed my life but it works.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Z7MXP84 (actually the one I have is slightly different and now gone, but still same-same chinese type, I'm sure they will both fail soon):

spacer.png

Edited by GringoSalado
links
  • Like 2

On 11/23/2022 at 11:54 PM, Superhero said:

I own that too. It's pretty damn good. 

Not nearly as sleek as the simple human version but that one quickly failed on me a few years ago. This one we've had for 2.5 years and it's still going. Tank is large.

image.thumb.png.423da4bd3cb5d57adc8fe0877fd0d543.png

I would say BritBox and Acorn streaming services for like $50 a year each has been life changing. Someone in the tv thread rec'd 'em and those 2 networks now make up by far the majority of our streaming. 

Also the sound quality on Deezer HiFi at $15/month puts spotify to shame. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Not nearly as sleek as the simple human version but that one quickly failed on me a few years ago. This one we've had for 2.5 years and it's still going. Tank is large.

We had 3 of those before buying the SimpleHuman one. All three leaked soap out of the bottom within a year.

8 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

We had 3 of those before buying the SimpleHuman one. All three leaked soap out of the bottom within a year.

That's pretty funny / weird. No problems and it'll be 3 years since purchase soon. Based on the success so far of our touchless kitchen faucets (not for this thread), I'd guess touchless tech has improved substantially and I wouldn't argue against giving simple human stuff a try...but 6ish years ago I found their touchless kitchen trash cans to be faulty too.

Definitely this harness is life changing. Our aging 80lb ridgeback has a spinal issue and has trouble jumping and walking. Incredibly sturdy and makes it very easy to help her up or down. Not under $100 but within 5 or 20 depending on the size you need, made by a CO company. I wish I had known about these a few years ago. helpemup.com

image.thumb.png.a78fb655aad24e1ae50098c314b79938.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/25/2022 at 10:19 AM, Damor said:

71hJgp07X1L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Down to $70 today on Amazon from the usual $100.  

I've actually got the 2000amp version (also down from $200 to $150 today).  If you have cars that love to eat batteries or kids who leave doors ajar/lights on, these things are awesome.  So much simpler and more compact than jumper cables, and works as a USB power bank as well.  My teenage drivers will be getting these as stocking stuffers.

These are outstanding.  I've used mine a couple of times on my vehicle and at least 5 times on other people's over the last couple years.  I was skeptical it would work on a big battery but it does it every time on the first attempt.  

• Like 1

South Austin’s mom has one of those on her night stand filled with her favorite lube.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 5 weeks later...

Swiss Army knives are cliche in some respects, and the big ones are too bulky and have too many unusable features. That said, this little fucker here has been with me for 30+ years, backpacking, canoeing, hunting, fishing, yard work, Christmas morning present opening…..it wins over any of the dozens of pocket knives cluttering my dresser:

204cc0011e4261df17daf303fe467111.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

Swiss Army knives are cliche in some respects, and the big ones are too bulky and have too many unusable features. That said, this little fucker here has been with me for 30+ years, backpacking, canoeing, hunting, fishing, yard work, Christmas morning present opening…..it wins over any of the dozens of pocket knives cluttering my dresser:

204cc0011e4261df17daf303fe467111.jpg

I carry one of these around. It's not going to win any knife fights, but I use it at least once a day... when I have it. It's so small it often gets forgotten in a pair of pants or jacket.

Amazon.com : Kershaw Cinder Multi-Function Folding Pocketknife (1025); 1.4  Inch 3Cr13 Stonewashed Blade; Manual Opening; Liner Lock; Bottle Opener;  Keychain Carry; Black Glass-Filled Nylon Handle; 0.9 oz : Sports & Outdoors

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone found a garden sprayer nozzle worth a goddamn that doesn't either stick or fall apart after three uses?

oh, and a garden hose worth a damn too while we're at it

I have several AquaJoe sprayers, they have all been solid. They go on sale all the time, just put an alert on slickdeals. I think I paid $6 for this one on sale.

https://snowjoe.com/products/aqua-joe-ajhn104-indestructible-series-heavy-duty-metal-trigger-nozzle-multi-function-7-spray-patterns

image.png.74dd214d5df795a9d3c501df4264d98a.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1