I spent less than $100 on this item, and it changed my life (ok, but it's really awesome)...

On 10/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, markstanco said:

Best pliers ever.  The way they adjust is the game changer. The jaws stay a perfect parallel through the adjustment. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X4OG94/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

71akwkFxUmL.jpg

On 10/26/2022 at 9:24 PM, Brothahorn said:

How do y’all hide these from your wives?

On 10/26/2022 at 5:23 PM, markstanco said:

Best pliers ever.  The way they adjust is the game changer. The jaws stay a perfect parallel through the adjustment. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X4OG94/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

71akwkFxUmL.jpg

im partial to the cobras with the textured grip

never thought a pipe-specific wrench could be so useful as a general tool.  legendary pliers

8701250.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

go get your nose waxed. ears too and clean up your brows. every time I go, im the only guy and it's full chicks getting their buttholes waxed, vag's too 

yeah dudes are gross.   my wife gets her stuff waxed. she talked me into nose and back of neck  ( i keep a clean neck line as much as possible).  Have since graduated to "manzillian".   

damn its nice and no razor burn, no regrowing hair itch, stubble comes in smooth and not sharp like a beard does.  She loves it and 'clean up' is a breeze.  all for about $100 a month or so

Compression socks. I had accepted the fact that I was going to need ankle surgery sometime next year. For what ever reason my left(and sometimes right ankle) just seemed to have a catch in them. Kind of like how you sometimes need to crack your knuckles or neck. I tried different work shoes and insoles but nothing helped. Wife bought me a package these socks and actually worked. I even wear them with regular clothes and shorts, now.

https://www.amazon.com/Compression-Stockings-Athletic-Medical-Pregnancy/dp/B07SPSB1GS/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=DbCkJ&content-id=amzn1.sym.8cf3b8ef-6a74-45dc-9f0d-6409eb523603&pf_rd_p=8cf3b8ef-6a74-45dc-9f0d-6409eb523603&pf_rd_r=KDYT5BAJP07YF280DXDX&pd_rd_wg=nfal1&pd_rd_r=6afdf121-d536-439c-a6c0-d2c164419d94&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mi

spacer.png

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Compression socks. I had accepted the fact that I was going to need ankle surgery sometime next year. For what ever reason my left(and sometimes right ankle) just seemed to have a catch in them. Kind of like how you sometimes need to crack your knuckles or neck. I tried different work shoes and insoles but nothing helped. Wife bought me a package these socks and actually worked. I even wear them with regular clothes and shorts, now.

These are going to be perfect for my Crossfit and the wife's Matemity

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

yeah dudes are gross.   my wife gets her stuff waxed. she talked me into nose and back of neck  ( i keep a clean neck line as much as possible).  Have since graduated to "manzillian".   

damn its nice and no razor burn, no regrowing hair itch, stubble comes in smooth and not sharp like a beard does.  She loves it and 'clean up' is a breeze.  all for about $100 a month or so

judd apatow comedy GIF

Yeah I'm going to stick with the razor on my nuts

On 10/24/2022 at 10:31 PM, Archer said:

We bought a glass washer on Prime Day to replace our soap dispenser , best random impulse buy in a long time. 

HGN Metal Kitchen Sink Glass Rinser,Faucet Glass Rinser for Kitchen Sinks,Bottle Washer,Kitchen Sink Accessories,Stainless Steel,Brush Nickel https://a.co/cUVzJxI

On 10/24/2022 at 10:41 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

You don’t wash the outside of your glasses?!?!?!?!

This question needs to be answered. I continue to be haunted by the grossness of potentially not washing the outside of the glass. What’s the answer?

Stainless steel "soap" bar.
stainles-steel-bar-today-main-191023.jpg
I thought this was just a gimmick, but I received one as a gift from someone who knows how much I make gumbo, chili, Tex-Mex, and other food that involves cutting and chopping onions and garlic.  The darn thing works like a champ in removing the onion/garlic/ other smells from your hands.

What if I told you using the stainless steel tableware you already have delivers the same result? I grab a soup spoon usually.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

This question needs to be answered. I continue to be haunted by the grossness of potentially not washing the outside of the glass. What’s the answer?

Didn’t know the thought of a dirty outside would be that concerning to people. 

Glasses get a complete hot water and soap wash and then get put up. Glass washer can knock out any dust that may have settled between washes. It also cleans a glass when I’m switching booze. I’ll wash a Glencairn glass when I change bourbons during a night, will also use it to wash out the shot glass as I go between booze for me and the wife. 

Have you guys not been to a brewery and seen them wash your glasses before filling? 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/24/2022 at 8:02 PM, Steel Shank said:

This is the correct answer, although I stepped up my game. This is what the pros use:

Bear Claw Extendable Back Scratcher

Turns out my dog is digging the shit out of The Grizzly" as well. It hits that hard to reach area of the backbone just above the tail. He does that thing where he sticks his nose up when I hit the right spot.

Not sayin', just sayin'.

45 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Turns out my dog is digging the shit out of The Grizzly" as well. It hits that hard to reach area of the backbone just above the tail. He does that thing where he sticks his nose up when I hit the right spot.

Not sayin', just sayin'.

We had an indoor cat about 30 years ago, and I gave her a false pregnancy by scratching her too much at the base of the tail. True story that I’m not proud to admit until now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Going above $100 here for sure, but laser hair removal is the way to go. 10-12 sessions, and then never again. Smooooooooth sailing for the wife and me.

On 10/24/2022 at 2:50 PM, destroya said:

stainless steel collar stays. 

I get my shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt which come with brass collar stays. They also have a lot of combinations of collar sizes and sleeve lengths which works for me since I have a fat neck and short arms. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 6:09 PM, tx 3 putt said:

4 piece glass bowl set, with lids. $16 at costco. i use them all the time for about anything in the kitchen. very handy, love the lids 

I have a drawer full of IKEA 365+ glass containers. The square and rectangular versions come in tall and short versions, and they share the same lids.

The lids have a tall rim so the containers stack well and won't slide around.  They also sell extra lids in case the lids fail before the glass containers do.  IMO, it's the best thing they sell at IKEA now.

IKEA 365+ Food container with lid, rectangular glass/plastic, 34 oz

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I thought this was just a gimmick, but I received one as a gift from someone who knows how much I make gumbo, chili, Tex-Mex, and other food that involves cutting and chopping onions and garlic.  The darn thing works like a champ in removing the onion/garlic/ other smells from your hands.

Stainless steel anything works. No need to buy anything special.

On 10/28/2022 at 3:02 PM, Brothahorn said:

https://www.amazon.com/Compression-Stockings-Athletic-Medical-Pregnancy/dp/B07SPSB1GS/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=DbCkJ&content-id=amzn1.sym.8cf3b8ef-6a74-45dc-9f0d-6409eb523603&pf_rd_p=8cf3b8ef-6a74-45dc-9f0d-6409eb523603&pf_rd_r=KDYT5BAJP07YF280DXDX&pd_rd_wg=nfal1&pd_rd_r=6afdf121-d536-439c-a6c0-d2c164419d94&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mi

spacer.png

X, 1

On 11/4/2022 at 10:14 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

How are those superior to a bag chair? 

They are much more comfortable because there is a better frame. Bag chairs basically force you into one sitting position and don’t offer good support, whereas these allow you to shift around more. Plus there’s the shelf for your beer and your sunflower seeds and your phone. 

19 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Stainless steel anything works. No need to buy anything special.

You can even use the inside of your sink if it’s stainless.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/30/2022 at 7:02 AM, Buzzrock said:

These are the shit. Way better than a bag chair.

c782f9906c2a5349d7a556d728f85b1d.png

You can get them at Academy (and probably elsewhere) with a cooler on the other side of the table. 

C4A318B5-1122-49BC-A9F9-E8B432ACE16E.thumb.png.068bb039e22933a1754cf0bc86ee0e3a.png

https://www.academy.com/p/magellan-outdoors-shiner-tailgating-xl-director’s-chair-134613056

Edited by Archer
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/27/2022 at 7:15 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

If you're cutting up peppers and onions and whatnot and don't wear gloves while doing it your'e 1. an amateur and 2. don't need to be commenting on this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I have a drawer full of IKEA 365+ glass containers. The square and rectangular versions come in tall and short versions, and they share the same lids.
The lids have a tall rim so the containers stack well and won't slide around.  They also sell extra lids in case the lids fail before the glass containers do.  IMO, it's the best thing they sell at IKEA now.
ikea-365-food-container-with-lid-rectangular-glass-plastic__0594322_pe675641_s5.jpg?f=s
Ikea's furniture is generally shit but they've got some pretty great kitchen items.
  • Like 1

Ikea's furniture is generally shit but they've got some pretty great kitchen items.

If you’re furnishing a dorm room or college apartment, IKEA is THE place to go.

Mattress pads and bedding, simple desks and chairs, basic beds and dressers. Can outfit a full bedroom for under $1000 (if you need a decent mattress, that can bump up the price). We dropped under $1k at an IKEA in both Montreal and Glasgow, and it was so easy (helps that they’re the same everywhere).

Wouldn’t furnish MY grown-ass man house with IKEA, but if you’re young, it’s hard to beat.
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 10:29 PM, NorthLoop said:

If you're cutting up peppers and onions and whatnot and don't wear gloves while doing it your'e 1. an amateur and 2. don't need to be commenting on this thread. 

Are you fucking serious?  I can pick, peal, and dice an onion in about 15 seconds.  Why double the time getting and putting on gloves?

Should I wear onion goggles too?  Fucking A.

image.thumb.png.494f26b5deb9fe55e79a2c8f94163867.png

• Hook 'Em 4

On 10/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, Davis Lane said:

About 20 years ago I bought a Black and Decker 14.4v cordless drill from Walmart.

Two batteries.

64 dollareenies.

Lasted me a few years.

Have the same one, but actually just “upgraded”.  Old B&D drill is still working fine, but was moved to light-work lakehouse duty for his remaining days.