2022-23 MLB offseason thread

shadow_operative

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I thought you had been pretty internet-vocally opposed to it. Unless I’m thinking of someone else. 

i said the pitch clock visible on the padres game (literal first game of spring) was giving me anxiety and was curious to how the pitchers would react to it.  that was a few pages ago so maybe you're thinking of someone else.  i've been pretty indifferent on the rule changes.

i know all the astros fans live rent free in your head, but maybe get somebody up there to organize things.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

@wood and @henrygandorf go cry about it

As usual, go fuck yourself, dipshit. 

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

cool cool cool.  why am i getting singled out about it?

Yep, lol. It's not like we're the only ones, and ...

57 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I thought you had been pretty internet-vocally opposed to it. Unless I’m thinking of someone else. 

I think I've posted one short sentence ever about the pitch clock. Maybe 2. But whatever, Dumbass Helobious gonna Dumbass Helobious. Pretty sure there's no greater combination of stupidity + arrogance on the internet, and that's really saying something. Now you can go back to jerking it to Judge videos.

Edited by wood

10 minutes ago, wood said:

As usual, go fuck yourself, dipshit. 

Yep, lol. It's not like we're the only ones, and ...

I think I've posted one short sentence ever about the pitch clock. Maybe 2. But whatever, Dumbass Helobious gonna Dumbass Helobious. Pretty sure there's no greater combination of stupidity + arrogance on the internet, and that's really saying something. Now you can go back to jerking it to Judge videos.

That short sentence was “I hate this rule so fucking much”. I’m guessing you started following baseball around 2014/15? You wouldn’t know but games in the past weren’t regularly 3+ hr slogfests. The length of the games has increased dramatically in the past decade, while simultaneously creating even less actual baseball action. I just don’t see how a “fan” of the game could be opposed to to something that reverses that. Other than an opposition to all new or better ideas, which I believe describes you.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

That short sentence was “I hate this rule so fucking much”. I’m guessing you started following baseball around 2014/15? You wouldn’t know but games in the past weren’t regularly 3+ hr slogfests. The length of the games has increased dramatically in the past decade, while simultaneously creating even less actual baseball action. I just don’t see how a “fan” of the game could be opposed to to something that reverses that. Other than an opposition to all new or better ideas, which I believe describes you.

Jesus, you're such a fucking idiot. That one sentence doesn't equate to being "pretty internet-vocally opposed to it". Others have been far more vocal about it.

'T-shirt Yankees Fan in South Texas' loves to tell anyone who disagrees with him that they clearly haven't watched baseball for long. I started playing baseball in 1974 and started going to college & MLB games in 1977. I've probably been coaching for longer than you've been watching

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

With “fans” like you I’m glad I didn’t choose to be a part of the one of the most unknowledgable and ignorant fanbases in all of sports, even if they were the closest MLB team. God I hope judge walks you fucksticks off in the ALCS. Whatever.

Take the loss(es), pussy.

On 3/10/2023 at 2:01 PM, henrygandorf said:

i said the pitch clock visible on the padres game (literal first game of spring) was giving me anxiety and was curious to how the pitchers would react to it.  that was a few pages ago so maybe you're thinking of someone else.  i've been pretty indifferent on the rule changes.

i know all the astros fans live rent free in your head, but maybe get somebody up there to organize things.

Sounds like a job for the Trew Organization Team.

I would assume that the Rangers are being advised/guided/used by MLB here:

The Texas Rangers notified Diamond Sports last week it would terminate its media rights deal with the parent of the Bally Sports Regional Networks in the event of its insolvency, which the company’s bankruptcy filing may trigger.

The disclosure was made in a court filing Wednesday in the Chapter 11 case Diamond filed Tuesday. Diamond in the filing said it would fight any attempt by the Rangers to end their agreement. Here’s what you need to know:

The Rangers become the first team since Tuesday’s anticipated Chapter 11 filing to try to break ties with Diamond Sports.
MLB wants to create a local media platform and views the Diamond bankruptcy as a way to strip away some, if not all, the 14 teams under the Bally banner.
Diamond is objecting to the Rangers’ move, and disclosed it had not missed a payment to the team.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:30 PM, Helobious said:

Yep, I’m definitely the only person that picked a #1 seed to beat a #16 seed. I’m such a moron

Oh for sure everyone else had the same thought, but you're the only one that can publicly state it and jinx it so bad it comes back to blow your dick off.

It's like a superpower you have there.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

I'm glad Greinke came home. Royals will stink again this year but he will give us something to look forward to every 5th day.

“I wanted to pitch from the windup now,” Greinke told the Royals’ website. “So I’ll just do another pickoff and let him take third and pitch from the windup. … So mainly, I was thinking about way too many things instead of getting guys out.”

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article273352095.html#storylink=mainstage_lead