Michigan player gets jumped by Michigan St players

FartingMonk

29 minutes ago, Constant said:

Is anyone even saying it should have happened? It clearly should not have happened. Its just the least surprising outcome in that scenario.

He went skipping through their team for petes sake. 

Maybe they should have practiced harder and performed better.  Kids much younger know how to deal with sore losers/winners.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You know who didn’t get their ass beat? Every other Michigan player that had the sense to not skip into the tunnel talking shit to Sparty while they were going to their locker room.

This is textbook FAFO.

Should the Sparty players get punishment? You bet.

But…don’t start shit, won’t be no shit.

21 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

It is possible to hold the opinion that the player was a fucking idiot and the players who assaulted him should be punished. Maybe radical I know

7 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I agree with you homie. The player was an idiot and the players that jumped him were idiots. i don't agree with the players jumping him for being an idiot, but lets not ignore him being an idiot.

Did everyone wake up today and decide to be defensive over everything? 

My question then is: Did the Michigan player deserve to be assaulted? That was the point of my original post. Was the outcome of running through the opposing team predictable? Maybe. Was it deserved? No. Was the ass-beating proportionate to the level of poor decision-making? No.

There is not a reasonable "middle-ground" take here because there is no proportionality of response between the players. Michigan player made a bad decision, but that bad decision didn't deserve a 10 on 1 stomping by men in pads, helmets, and cleats. So on the sliding scale of fault, that's way on the Michigan State side. And the FAFO slider will be way on that side, too.

Edited by Eastwood
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I feel like everyone here is arguing/saying the same thing, just coming from different directions.

It feels similar to a kid going into a yard that has “Beware of Dog” signs everywhere and he gets bitten. The kid will live but now comes the question of if the dog(s) will get to live.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I feel like everyone here is arguing/saying the same thing, just coming from different directions.

It feels similar to a kid going into a yard that has “Beware of Monkey” signs everywhere and he gets bitten. The kid will live but now comes the question of if the monkey(s) will get to live.

Fify

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Constant said:

The guy had his pads on and was at least holding his helmet prior to entering the tunnel. It is possible to believe each side is equally stupid here. This is still the site that says ‘fuck around and find out’ all the time, right? 

“Don’t start no shit, won’t be no shit.”

That’s another popular phrase around here.

They definitely shouldn’t have done it but I’d like to see a bit more evidence before it’s classified as jumping and beat him.  From the video they definitely shoved him around but I don’t see any punching or kicking.  Looks more like he was skipping thru them and got shoved around.  

1 hour ago, immamac said:

This is stupid. What happened here is unacceptable and should never happen. This isn't a joke this is a dude getting jumped by players in a stadium who lost a fucking game. 

We don’t see how the fight started. You can’t say he got “jumped.” You’re making an assumption. We don’t know who threw the first punch. 

1 hour ago, ATXbronco said:

Legal charges!?!

What a pussy nation we're becoming.

If you're stupid enough to do what player wearing #1 did, then you deserve to get shoved around a bit.

I'm not hearing anything about broken bones.  So, no harm no foul.  

Suspend the kids (who shoved him around) for a game or two and be done with it.

And suspend the dumbass for a couple quarters for being a dumbass.

Go back to Texags.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

They definitely shouldn’t have done it but I’d like to see a bit more evidence before it’s classified as jumping and beat him.  From the video they definitely shoved him around but I don’t see any punching or kicking.  Looks more like he was skipping thru them and got shoved around.  

Here's the second player that was assaulted:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

James Franklin complained about Michigan antics in that tunnel 2 weeks - interesting timing since I don’t recall any trouble in that previous 382 years of games at Michigan Stadium. 

Just because you haven’t heard about it doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. A lot. It’s not uncommon for Michigan to instigate confrontations in the tunnel. I posted a couple examples in the Other Games thread.

49 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We don’t see how the fight started. You can’t say he got “jumped.” You’re making an assumption. We don’t know who threw the first punch. 

So, you think the Michigan guy went into the tunnel by himself and started throwing punches to 15-20 Michigan St players?  Yes.  Yep, I can see that.  That sounds more likely what happened.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:

Texas and OU have shared a tunnel for ~92 years and this has never happened.

I’ve been standing in that tunnel for the last six years. The teams do a pretty good job of not mixing on their own. With the post game celebrations, they hardly ever mix after the game. 

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

That was my first thought as well. Use this incident to shitcan that clown tucker for cause, and this will be the best thing to happen to the MSU program in years. If that works, look for A&M to gangbang the punter from Umass at midfield in a couple of weeks. 

Umass has a sheep for a punter 🤨

no wonder they fucking suck so bad what is their field goal kicker a donkey?

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

"Why was he around those guys? Those are some bad dudes."

- Art Briles

“When he did, Coach Briles studied the names on the piece of paper. ‘Those are some bad dudes,’ Coach Briles told (an assistant) coach,” the document states. “ ’Why was she around those guys?’ ”

I'm going a little off subject, but amazingly, that post is just one letter from being a real, exact quote

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

He probably deserved a shove and maybe being forced out of the tunnel. That was a disgraceful display by those players.

Drop the tough guy takes and get real. Looked like the guy was getting beaten and stomped by a street gang.

Nobody is condoning the beating but if Harbaugh had better control of his team and kept them in line instead of letting one of them go skipping off through the opposing players as they left the field then the beating never would have happened. Maybe he did get the shove you say he probably deserved and then he shoved back. What then? He’d probably deserve another shove, right? And that little punk ass bitch, outnumbered and being where he shouldn’t be, is going to find himself in a world of hurt.

We’ve seen two videos, neither of which shows how the fight started. We don’t know what happened in between. But like I said before, the odds are pretty low that the Michigan player wasn’t getting in someone’s face and talking trash. It’s what they do. And after spending 15 years in the wilderness, it’s even harder for them to act like they’ve been there before because they basically haven’t.

They aired a quote from Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy before the game where he promised they were going to run up the score on Michigan State. He said he didn’t care how much they were up by, they were going to keep pouring it on. Years ago, Michigan RB Mike Hart, who is now an assistant coach for UM, referred to MSU as “Little brother.” So there’s been a culture of disrespect there. Ironically, that preceded a decade-and-a-half of Sparty having the upper hand in the rivalry. Even with last night’s loss, Mel Tucker still holds a 2-1 advantage over Harbaugh. And Michigan didn’t exactly run up the score yesterday. They settled for 5 FGs in the red zone. They scored one TD in the 1st qtr and didn’t reach the end zone again until the 4th qtr when MSU turned it over deep in their own territory following a bad snap on a punt attempt. Michigan failed to cover the 23 pt spread. (It’s easy to talk tough when you’re favored by 3 scores, I guess.)

Again, I’m not condoning what the Spartans did. But I understand it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Quote a person who said it “should have happened.” One person said he deserved it. Literally no one said it should have happened. 

3 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Legal charges!?!

What a pussy nation we're becoming.

If you're stupid enough to do what player wearing #1 did, then you deserve to get shoved around a bit.

I'm not hearing anything about broken bones.  So, no harm no foul.  

Suspend the kids (who shoved him around) for a game or two and be done with it.

And suspend the dumbass for a couple quarters for being a dumbass.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Dude definitely fucked around and found out. Dude skipping into the Sparty players then getting his ass beat is the perfect “how it started. How it ended.” meme

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

That was a clear and first class example of fuck around and find out. Kid is an idiot. These are pissed off football players, not a couple golfers who had a bad round. 

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You know who didn’t get their ass beat? Every other Michigan player that had the sense to not skip into the tunnel talking shit to Sparty while they were going to their locker room.

This is textbook FAFO.

Should the Sparty players get punishment? You bet.

But…don’t start shit, won’t be no shit.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

No, sometimes being idiot does mean you deserve to get your ass beat. 

Okay

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I think we’re trying to decide, as a website, whether or not “FAFO” and “don’t start shit, won’t be shit” are still things.

This is a college football game. This isn't a home invasion where a burglar unknowingly picked the local gun nut and got shot. This isn't a carjacker getting run over. This is shit talking in a tunnel leading to a helmet to the head. Like I said before: proportionality.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Constant said:

I'm sorry, but I still can't believe people think the Michigan player did anything wrong. He was exiting the field to the locker room. He was happy to have won the game. THE HORROR

What kind of fucked up world do we live in when people think he either a) "fucked around" and deserved to get his ass beat or b) weren't surprised other team beat his ass

It's a college football game. This isn't fucking Berlin.

• Hook 'Em 3