Michigan player gets jumped by Michigan St players

FartingMonk

1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:

If anyone is to blame it is Harbaugh.  After the Penn St incident he should have told his team and his coaches.  Hey we wait until the other team is clear of the tunnel and security gives us the all clear before we go in.  

Jim actually had a very different response in the wake of that incident.

Nobody ever accused Harbaugh of being a class act. I’ve heard Rick Neuheisel tell a story about Harbaugh when Rick was coaching UCLA and Jim was coaching Stanford. In 2008, Rick’s first year coaching the Bruins, they beat Stanford. After the game, Harbaugh blew by Neuheisel and refused to shake hands. The next year Stanford beat UCLA and Harbaugh couldn’t run to Neuheisel fast enough, grab his hand and shake it vigorously saying “How about THAT, Ricky?!”

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I'm sorry, but I still can't believe people think the Michigan player did anything wrong. He was exiting the field to the locker room. He was happy to have won the game. THE HORROR

What kind of fucked up world do we live in when people think he either a) "fucked around" and deserved to get his ass beat or b) weren't surprised other team beat his ass

It's a college football game. This isn't fucking Berlin.

amen. 

Michigan fan here. I’m going to say this… if this were michigan vs osu at osu and we we took a loss or a win and did this to a kid I’d say file charges take away football school as well as NIL money of any. Swinging a fucking helmet at a kid without one!?!?!? You kidding me!? 
THATS ASSAULT BROTHA

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

Kinda like I have every right to wear all my jewelry as I walk through the west side of Chicago without getting mugged but it’s a stupid thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about that for a minute.  I was like man that dudes' survival skills must suck.  You don't go rushing into a bunch of pissed off enemy's and not get a bad result. 

28 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Michigan fan here. I’m going to say this… if this were michigan vs osu at osu and we we took a loss or a win and did this to a kid I’d say file charges take away football school as well as NIL money of any. Swinging a fucking helmet at a kid man without one!?!?!? You kidding me!? 
THATS ASSAULT BROTHA

aggy doesn't think so

1 hour ago, 89Horn said:

So, you think the Michigan guy went into the tunnel by himself and started throwing punches to 15-20 Michigan St players?  Yes.  Yep, I can see that.  That sounds more likely what happened.  

Did I say that? Don’t try to put words in my mouth, Goober. You’re no good at it.

No. I’m saying I didn’t see how the fight started so I can’t say how it started. Unless you saw how it started, neither can you. I know that a Michigan player left his teammates and ran through the Spartans players on their way to the locker room. That’s not up for debate. That was stupid and he shouldn’t have done that. Agreed? I also know from experience that Michigan players like to talk smack even when they have just a little success after a long period of failure. I’m not saying I’m certain that that Michigan player was talking shit to the Spartans players. But I’d bet the farm that he was. And if that kid is dumb enough to put himself in that situation then it wouldn’t surprise me at all if someone gave him a shove for mouthing off and he shoved back. Or that he was talking smack and someone got in his face talking some trash of their own and he shoved first. Are you saying that’s not a possible scenario?

I’ve got the good sense not to claim to know what happened when obviously none of us know. I’m not going to assume I know what happened and declare that that’s what happened. And I’m certainly not stupid enough to say to someone who says that none of us know what happened, ‘So you think this is what happened?’ Only an idiot would do that.

• Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

If what happened was "inevitable" we wouldn't even be talking about it because it would be so common. A guy without any pads on all by himself among basically the entire MSU football team is not a threat to anyone. At most he's an annoyance, and him interacting with his own fanbase is not doing anything wrong.

And even if he WAS talking shit, those MSU players are bitch-ass cowards.

MSU players: But we was disrespected!

Sparty is aggy/little brother to Michigan and the B10

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Shutting down sparty for the season + a bowl suspension next year + player lifetime bans would be very appropriate here, if the ncaa finds sparky at fault 

Oh, brother. Either my sarcasm meter is broken or that’s the mother of all overreactions.

Remember this brawl?

Two Miami players - Reddick, the guy swinging the helmet, and Merriweather, the guy stomping on a prone FIU player - received indefinite suspensions. The other players involved, on both teams, all received single game suspensions.

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

MSU players: But we was disrespected!

Sparty is aggy/little brother to Michigan and the B10

I know quite a few Spartys.  Great guys, salt of the earth type.s You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the Midwest.

So, no surprise an ohio st fan would "understand" why they would do it as they're actually pretty similar folks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I know that a Michigan player left his teammates and ran through the Spartans players on their way to the locker room. That’s not up for debate. That was stupid and he shouldn’t have done that. Agreed?

No. I don’t agree. He ran into the locker room after a game. This isn’t gang territory. What is wrong with everyone? It wasn’t stupid. Maybe he had to rush out to meet family. Who the fuck knows? What we do know is he exited the field. Then we saw Mich St players assaulting him. That’s it. Everything else is pure speculation. 

• Hook 'Em 5

38 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Did I say that? Don’t try to put words in my mouth, Goober. You’re no good at it.

No. I’m saying I didn’t see how the fight started so I can’t say how it started. Unless you saw how it started, neither can you. I know that a Michigan player left his teammates and ran through the Spartans players on their way to the locker room. That’s not up for debate.

(((200 word screed talking around in circles :: full aggy attempt at justification)))

What's also not up for debate is the visual factual evidence of the use of a helmet as a weapon

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

No. I don’t agree. He ran into the locker room after a game. This isn’t gang territory. What is wrong with everyone? It wasn’t stupid. Maybe he had to rush out to meet family. Who the fuck knows? What we do know is he exited the field. Then we saw Mich St players assaulting him. That’s it. Everything else is pure speculation. 

Maybe he disrespected them by talking trash.  

I disagree with the ‘execution’ by Sparta but not the spirit. If some Sooner came solo through the tunnel taking shit after beating us, I would hope we’d smack his ass around. Swinging a helmet is bullshit and kicking someone who’s (literally) down is bullshit, but a few punches? Who fucking cares?

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I'm sorry, but I still can't believe people think the Michigan player did anything wrong. He was exiting the field to the locker room. He was happy to have won the game. THE HORROR

What kind of fucked up world do we live in when people think he either a) "fucked around" and deserved to get his ass beat or b) weren't surprised other team beat his ass

It's a college football game. This isn't fucking Berlin.

What's the Berlin reference?

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Please shut the fuck up. If that was an osu player you’d want every one of the Spartans arrested.

42-27

That couldn’t happen to an OSU player because Ohio Stadium has separate ramps to home and visitors’ locker rooms, dipshit.

And you think reciting for me the score of Michigan’s first win against the Buckeyes in a decade is some sort of dig? Lulz, whatever Chuckles. If you want to get into a contest over recent scores, we could do that but this isn’t the place for it. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I disagree with the ‘execution’ by Sparta but not the spirit. If some Sooner came solo through the tunnel taking shit after beating us, I would hope we’d smack his ass around. Swinging a helmet is bullshit and kicking someone who’s (literally) down is bullshit, but a few punches? Who fucking cares?

But it wasn't a few punches.  They did swing a helmet as a weapon.  They did kick and stomp on him when he was down.

You basically just said, "Aside from the murdery bits, it was fine."

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, utee94 said:

But it wasn't a few punches.  They did swing a helmet as a weapon.  They did kick and stomp on him when he was down.

You basically just said, "Aside from the murdery bits, it was fine."

Lol I literally said it’s bullshit to swing a helmet or kick someone when they’re down, and then made up a scenario that I would be fine with.

I can see why your username isn’t utenglish94….

Edited by Ignatius

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

Michigan fan here. I’m going to say this… if this were michigan vs osu at osu and we we took a loss or a win and did this to a kid I’d say file charges take away football school as well as NIL money of any. Swinging a fucking helmet at a kid without one!?!?!? You kidding me!? 
THATS ASSAULT BROTHA

Again, separate ramps to the locker rooms at OSU. It couldn’t happen in Columbus unless the Michigan player was dumb enough to leave his teammates and enter this tunnel:

764844A5-D4AF-4005-A43A-ECA29212CF30.thumb.png.c64875144e2c6be9684792190350045c.png

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It should be like everything in America and separate tunnels for each team should be required, because in America everything needs to be designed to the lowest common denominator. This is because your average American is completely stupid, and half of the population is even stupider than that.  That's why we have to have warning signs like don't stick your head in the wood chipper while it's running.

We have those signs because the family of the guy who put his head in the wood chipper now lives in Beverly Hills.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We don’t see how the fight started. You can’t say he got “jumped.” You’re making an assumption. We don’t know who threw the first punch. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Did I say that? Don’t try to put words in my mouth, Goober. You’re not good at it.  

Logic.  What’s that????  You’re not good at it.  And you don’t read very well either.  I asked what seems more likely and called you out for your dumbass take. 

You said, we don’t know who threw the first punch.  By saying that, you are implying that the Michigan player could have thrown the first punch.  From a logical standpoint, that seems stupid.  Yeah, he’s going to go in shit talking and start punching 10-15 Michigan players?  Yeah, the Michigan player was very likely talking shit.  But what seems more logical, dumbass?  That the Michigan player is going to talk shit and go in throwing the first punch or the pissed off Michigan St players hear the shit talking and initiate the attack on him?  My god man, use your mind.  Does THE university not offer logic classes?

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

If OU players did this to a Brayden Liebrock you guys would be calling for fucking public hangings. 

And If Texas players did it to an OU player I would be saying they need to be punished.

And also, the OU player is a fucking idiot and should have known better. FAFO.

• Like 1

We don’t see how the fight started. You can’t say he got “jumped.” You’re making an assumption. We don’t know who threw the first punch. 

Very likely a DB running to the locker room with his helmet off decides to punch an opposing team member with his helmet on and surrounded by his teammates.

I want to hear more about what Jim Harbuagh did while coaching other teams and how it relates to a bunch of Sparty losers kicking the shit out of a Michigan player. 

Maybe there's something that John Harbuagh did while coaching the Ravens that should tell us that that Michigan player had it coming. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Nobody ever accused Harbaugh of being a class act. I’ve heard Rick Neuheisel tell a story about Harbaugh when Rick was coaching UCLA and Jim was coaching Stanford. In 2008, Rick’s first year coaching the Bruins, they beat Stanford. After the game, Harbaugh blew by Neuheisel and refused to shake hands. The next year Stanford beat UCLA and Harbaugh couldn’t run to Neuheisel fast enough, grab his hand and shake it vigorously saying “How about THAT, Ricky?!”

A little more on this below and link:  Jim Harbaugh: Michigan players 'assaulted' in postgame tunnel altercation with Michigan State players - Yahoo Sports

"All there has to be is a two-minute or minute buffer in between the two teams," Franklin said Oct. 15. "This team is in before that team gets close and however we want to do it. But we're not the first team that's had issues like that. To me, under the current structure, we won’t be the last.”

Asked about Franklin’s comments earlier this week, Harbaugh was dismissive and said that PSU’s players weren’t letting the Michigan team get up the tunnel and into the locker room.

“It just seemed like a sophomoric ploy to try to keep us out of our locker rooms. And [Franklin] looked like he was the ringleader of the whole thing,” Harbaugh said.

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I know quite a few Spartys.  Great guys, salt of the earth type.s You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the Midwest.

So, no surprise an ohio st fan would "understand" why they would do it as they're actually pretty similar folks.

You Know Morons GIF - You Know Morons Laugh GIFs

40 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

holy shit he actually negged you for this

He’s a massively sensitive pussy. Par for the course for the uneducated trailer park fanbase that cheers for the buckeyes. Hilarious that he’d try and educate anyone on class when he’s part of the most vile fanbase in the sport.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

If you're trying to establish that Jim Harbaugh is a piece of shit, I can't think of a worse witness than Rick Neuheisel.    That's like Pol Pot complaining about Mussolini being a fascist.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 89Horn said:

Logic.  What’s that????  You’re not good at it.  And you don’t read very well either.  I asked what seems more likely and called you out for your dumbass take. 

You said, we don’t know who threw the first punch.  By saying that, you are implying that the Michigan player could have thrown the first punch.  From a logical standpoint, that seems stupid.  Yeah, he’s going to go in shit talking and start punching 10-15 Michigan players?  Yeah, the Michigan player was very likely talking shit.  But what seems more logical, dumbass?  That the Michigan player is going to talk shit and go in throwing the first punch or the pissed off Michigan St players hear the shit talking and initiate the attack on him?  My god man, use your mind.  Does THE university not offer logic classes?

Didn't they have Urban Meyer teaching those?