Michigan player gets jumped by Michigan St players

FartingMonk

I've only seen the one video so far, which didn't really show anything more than pushing and shoving.

But a Nebraska buddy who knows a lot of people told me the Michigan kid ended up with a broken nose.

So, that's not real cool.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34915387/michigan-state-suspends-tank-brown-khary-crump-angelo-grose-zion-young

10 hours ago, immamac said:

Yeah. There's some real fucking idiots in here defending Michigan state. 

Are you new here?
So you are surprised there are idiots posting here
Welcome to Surly

9 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

No one is defending Michigan St.

No on should defend any of the players involved

9 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Nobody is defending Michigan State. You’re a moron.

c'mon face it we are all morons, well really we are worse than morons (depending on the number of posts you have

9 hours ago, Parliament said:

What are we even arguing about here?

nevermind - he's on a roll

8 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I think we’re trying to decide, as a website, whether or not “FAFO” and “don’t start shit, won’t be shit” are still things.

FAFO and DSS, WBS are real - but are no excuse for what happened

7 hours ago, utee94 said:

Lotta stupid takes on this thread from the usual stupid posters. No surprise at all there.

yup - surly gonna surly

All the players involved should be done for the season, hopefully they will decide to hit the portal.
I would like to point out that if you look at the longer video - you can see #22 in blue head up the tunnel before #1. I haven't heard about any altercation there, so something happened, but regardless the gang style beatdown is inexcusable. 

Thankfully I was flying back from Vegas yesterday and got delayed in Denver, the planes wifi was broken so I didn't "get" to watch the ass beating that took place on the field.

• Hook 'Em 3

Players routinely walk up the tunnel together at the end of the game. This was the end of the pedo state game, AFTER the foodfight at halftime.  Teams/Athletes always talk shit before games, and battle hard during the game/match/whatever. After the game most of them respect their opponent. Look at Floyd Mayweather and Connor Mcgregor. Those dudes talk so much shit and literally fight their opponent. After the bell rings, they have nothing but respect and hug it out.  

Have some dignity and be a decent human, it isn't that hard. 

Edited by Juicy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

No. I don’t agree. He ran into the locker room after a game. This isn’t gang territory. What is wrong with everyone? It wasn’t stupid. Maybe he had to rush out to meet family. Who the fuck knows? What we do know is he exited the field. Then we saw Mich St players assaulting him. That’s it. Everything else is pure speculation. 

100% 

He went to his locker room after the game. Shit talk or no shit talk, he had every right to be there. 

On 10/30/2022 at 8:14 AM, gmr548 said:

Michigan has now physically dominated two conference rivals so thoroughly that they resort to starting shit in the tunnel.

MSU is a dumpster fire.

Ag school

Little brother to the flagship school that views it's neighboring state's school as it's main rival

Seems I've seen this movie before

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Juicy said:

100% 

He went to his locker room after the game. Shit talk or no shit talk, he had every right to be there. 

After I heard Lienart and Bush went to the Texas locker room after the Rose Bowl game, they earned my respect.  Actions matter.  Saw Matt and Vince are still good friends to this day.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

After I heard Lienart and Bush went to the Texas locker room after the Rose Bowl game, they earned my respect.  Actions matter.  Saw Matt and Vince are still good friends to this day.  

I'm sure all youth coaches are different, but I always learned to line up and shake hands after games. Yeah you were pissed if you lost, but usually you lost to the better team. Swallow your pride and respect the dudes you just went to battle against. \

/also THEY WENT TO THE TEXAS LOCKER ROOM, THEY HAD NO RIGHT, FAFO, IDIOTS LUCKY THEY DIDN'T GET STOMPED. 

Edited by Juicy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, choripan said:

Last night, on Sunday night football, I saw Stefon Diggs -- alone, without any Bills teammates around him and with his helmet off -- jawing with the Packers CBs coming out of the tunnel.

Made me think: "Gee, he sure deserves to be beaten with helmets."

Lmao, i kinda thought that as well. "Oh look, someone being competitive without it devolving into a complete brawl! Nice!"

My expectations for this world have become extremely low.

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

image.png.869811d039cff7e22a2d29d79dd45fba.png

Who is this big gaping vagina running away from things all Josh Hawley-like?

That is the MSU director of football operations. He was the hard ass yelling at the camera men just before kickoff. 

https://msuspartans.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/tim-allen/83

Edited by Juicy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Juicy said:

No word on the injuries to the dude that got punched and stomped, but Gemon who got the helmet beating sustained a concussion, broken nose and took 9 stiches according to insiders at ON3.

He's lucky that's all it was. Dude that big swinging a helmet as hard as he can. That could have killed him

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

No word on the injuries to the dude that got punched and stomped, but Gemon who got the helmet beating sustained a concussion, broken nose and took 9 stiches according to insiders at ON3.

I was on a jury for an assault trial, and the judge gave us the (Texas) criteria for the “aggravated assault” threshold. A broken bone (nose), an injury (concussion) and a weapon used (helmet) would suffice to bring such charges in Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Good Lord!  I listened to that part of Jim's presser yesterday, and that is why he was onboard with the charges I guess.  Plus the family wants to press charges so I dont think there is anything JH can really do as far as keeping it internal at MSU/B1G. 

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Good Lord!  I listened to that part of Jim's presser yesterday, and that is why he was onboard with the charges I guess.  Plus the family wants to press charges so I dont think there is anything JH can really do as far as keeping it internal at MSU/B1G. 

My initial reaction (as a Michigan fan) was just to kick all the players involved off the team, tuck issue an apology and everyone moves on. I still don't think criminal charges are the way to go for players, but hitting someone with a helmet definitely moves the needle. 

MSU suspended 4 dudes, who (again this is based on Michigan slanted writing) appear to be benchwarmers. And not suspending their one starter who was seen in the video throwing punches (after putting his helmet back on), to me that is a pretty bad look. 

18 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Local radio host who’s a sparty: they deserve to be kicked off the team and charges should be brought but harbaugh is wrong…. Ok….

Yesterday Valenti and Rico both said that this is on Harbaugh for the way he behaves, and that his antics are the reason MSU players beat these two guys.... What an amazing take that is. Take no responsibility and avoid the victim blaming by blaming the OTHER team's coach. 

31 minutes ago, Juicy said:

My initial reaction (as a Michigan fan) was just to kick all the players involved off the team, tuck issue an apology and everyone moves on. I still don't think criminal charges are the way to go for players, but hitting someone with a helmet definitely moves the needle. 

MSU suspended 4 dudes, who (again this is based on Michigan slanted writing) appear to be benchwarmers. And not suspending their one starter who was seen in the video throwing punches (after putting his helmet back on), to me that is a pretty bad look. 

If it's something that happened on the field and is a reasonable part of the game, then I'd agree with you.  This did not happen on the field, it was not a reasonable part of the game, nor was it a reasonable interaction under ANY circumstances.  If this happens on 6th Street on a Friday night, there's zero question about bringing criminal charges.  The same should be true in an off-field incident that had nothing to do with the game of football, other than Michigan State's players were angry they had just gotten their asses beat.

26 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Yesterday Valenti and Rico both said that this is on Harbaugh for the way he behaves, and that his antics are the reason MSU players beat these two guys.... What an amazing take that is. Take no responsibility and avoid the victim blaming by blaming the OTHER team's coach. 

Those two Michigan players were wearing short pants so they deserved it and had it coming.

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Where’d all the internet tough guy morons go who posted that if you walk in the tunnel with the other team you should expect to be assaulted?

And this was after the "altercation" at half time that resulted in a thrown PBJ

Also in the top right of that tweet at the two players who were assaulted. #1 McBurrows and #22 Green. 

Edited by Juicy

Its just amazing to me that people think they can assault others with no criminal consequences.  One of my kids told me that a kid at his high school got jumped and pummeled, suffered a concussion, and the school's response was a week suspension.   I told my kid that he can go ahead and all the other kids at his school know that if something like that happens to anyone in my family, there will be criminal charges, a million dollar medical workup, at least a year of physical therapy and mental counseling, followed by an avalanche of  civil lawsuits and I will not stop till that kid is in juvi and his family is homeless and living in a van down by the river. 

• Hook 'Em 5

@WhatTheBuck from that link abortion. But Harbaugh is totally classless right?

Specifically, it had gotten ugly, which of course had nothing to do with him. 

No, it was all about Dantonio, who, in order: 

• Asked for a “moment of silence” after Michigan lost to Appalachian State. And then, when U-M took it on the field after beating the Spartans with a banged-up team in 2007, publicly made fun of Mike Hart’s height in a Monday presser. 

• Had his team line up to face a terrible Michigan team — RichRod’s first — before the National Anthem in an apparent intimidation tactic, then paraded the Paul Bunyan Trophy around the stadium after a come-from-behind win. 

• Watched his players rush the Michigan sideline after a win in 2011 and held up 4 fingers in the U-M players’ faces after winning their fourth straight in the series. That in a game in which his players were twisting Denard Robinson’s helmet at the bottom of piles with intent to injure, after which his defensive coordinator bragged of playing with “60 minutes of unnecessary roughness.”

• Ran up the score in 2013 with a late, meaningless touchdown. 

There was more — much more. So, forgive us if we don’t agree with the ridiculous columns such as “we all need to be better on both sides,” written by columnists who have been here for a few years and have no idea of what actually led us here. 

Or those who ridiculously blame Jim Harbaugh for bringing it to this level. He has, in fact, been the adult in the room, even after Dantonio mocked Michigan fans after the 2015 punt drop gift win and had one of his staffers (per John Bacon’s book “Overtime”) run to Sarah Harbaugh, Jim’s wife. He then reportedly got in her face and mocked her by wiping fake tears from his eyes.

It escalated in 2018 with the ridiculous pregame “field march” through the Michigan players, arm in arm with helmets on, after which Harbaugh finally called Dantonio out (deservedly) when the MSU coach lied about his role in it. 

And let’s be clear — their fanbase ate it up. It took the rivalry to an even unhealthier level. And that is what led to the events you saw Saturday in Ann Arbor. 

The nation agrees — no excuse for Michigan State tunnel assault

That, of course, was a tunnel assault on two Michigan players that can’t be justified, though a large segment of the MSU fan base is doing its best to try. Even Harbaugh critic and ESPN’s Paul Finebaum credited the Michigan coach for his response after groups of Spartans, including top defender Jacoby Windmon (who somehow has yet to be suspended — more on that in a minute), attacked corners Gemon Green and Ja’Den McBurrows in the tunnel. 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Someone threw a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich?

Hahha yeah, during the fracas at halftime between Michigan and Penn state, Penn State was throwing Peanut butter and Jelly sandwhiches which were apparently their halftime meal at Michigan players. 

• Haha 2