Fun Scary Movies

Celery Man

As opposed to.... Hereditary, Babadook, The Shining, etc - stuff that ranges from just this side of "Scary Movie" horror comedies to generally lighter horror or thriller movies. For some lighter halloween enjoyment.

The Cabin in the Woods

Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Or ones like

Ready or Not

Of course, Shaun of the Dead

I feel like "It Follows" can fit into this category, although I'm trying to remember if it's actually fairly light or if the premise just has some of that to it

I think the first "The Babysitter" movie was fairly enjoyable

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I wouldn’t say it was bad. Just cheesy as fuck. I liked that and Fright Night much more than I expected. 

I haven't seen that movie in years so I have no idea how it holds up, but I never thought it was bad when it came out in my high school years, or even cheesy.  It was a vampire movie that thematically and musically was designed to appeal to my demographic, and it did a pretty good job at that. 

Also, there were boobies in Fright Night.  Not a lot, but enough to make me happy.

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

If you mean House tried to be funny but wasn't, that's fair.  But as a kid, I thought it was just as funny as scary, if not more so.

hmmm maybe....House II had cowboy mummies, zombies, Cliff Claven and an Aztec temple inside the house, that's the one I remember being "fun" as a kid.

Love this genre. "Freaky" with Vince Vaughn was more funny than scary but good. 

There's an old movie with Alex Guinness called "Mute Witness" that's really good. The first half is a really strong slasher film and the second half is an okay murder thriller/comedy. Weird mix.

Mute_Witness_poster.jpg.ca2d37d34e20497386250bb49a4309f9.jpg

Funny thing is that they filmed Guinness's scenes years earlier and filmed the rest of the movie after he died.

"My Best Friends Exorcism" on Prime right now is awful. Not funny, not scary. Don't watch it.