Coach Sark Press Conference 10.31 - 11:00am LHN

BigOrange1

3rd in from the right, and 3rd in from our left (looks like she doesn't mind rug burns either).  Everything that's ever happened to that program in the last 30 years is a Festivus Miracle.  How they got so good without cheating and how they have overall had our number since starting the Big XII does actually scare the hell outta me.  We're fucked.  If he mentions the TCU kickoff time, somebody let us know.  Thanks.  Maybe we pull off the unthinkable, who gives a shit. 

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Where the hell is he? Someone must have told him a second half is starting. 

I laughed out loud.  I don't usually do that on the football board.  

Sark reminds me of Lt. Dike in "Band of Brothers" (I realize in real life, he was much better).  

"Coach Sark, the other team is back on the offensive after our successful first half."

Yes well, I'm gonna go for a walk over here by Bevo and take some calls.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Put it on the bingo card permanently. "I should have called better plays". The problem with Sark is he can't figure out what he is suppose to call differently during the game. He can only figure it out once he sees the tape and takes lots of time to analyze it and absorb it.

I don't think he calls shit plays. I think there is a lot of lack of execution. And it sounds like a Jimbo thing to say, but where i differ from Jimbo is i think lack of execution is kind of a sign of a bad coach. Really good coaches get their teams to execute what they want, and do it in big spots.

I would like Sark to coach his guys to where they execute. The play calling will matter a lot less when he does that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I don't think he calls shit plays. I think there is a lot of lack of execution. And it sounds like a Jimbo thing to say, but where i differ from Jimbo is i think lack of execution is kind of a sign of a bad coach. Really good coaches get their teams to execute what they want, and do it in big spots.

I would like Sark to coach his guys to where they execute. The play calling will matter a lot less when he does that.

Really you disagree with the coach himself and think Sark is wrong in his own presser. He was very clear that run play calling was bad in the second half and he should have done things differently when it came to the run play calls. Well if your right then that means Sark is also bad at evaluating what went wrong.

Edited by DanTheHorn

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Really you disagree with the coach himself and think Sark is wrong in his own presser. He was very clear that run play calling was bad in the second half and he should have done things differently when it came to the run play calls. Well if your right then that means Sark is also bad at evaluating what went wrong.

I certainly am not an expert on it or anything. But it definitely felt like plays were there to be made and weren't. Probably just some combo of both, as it usually is. Whittington in particular was being ignored.

But i definitely do feel like great coaches just have teams that execute at a high level. When something isn't being executed correctly, they fix it. Something like, oh i don't know, your starting QB not being able to connect on a deep ball with his best receiver. A great coach would have that ironed out. Those are big plays being missed out on. That type of thing should be practiced to the point that it becomes second nature to those players.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/31/2022 at 11:17 AM, DanTheHorn said:

Of course the one time I wanted a game at 11:00 am due to wedding reception I get what we all want a night game.

I feel your pain.  I happened to be in London (humblebrag) for TXOU a few years ago and thought that the 11a kick would finally be great so I could watch it at a pub at 5p.  But of course that was the year the kickoff was 2:30p.  FML but I met with up with the Exes and had a great time at a pub at a train station so it was super easy for everyone to get to.

At least Auburn can see they didn’t have the guy and pull the trigger. We go through this again next year when it’s obvious he isn’t the guy. 

I think with the writing on the wall starting to point toward the next two seasons in the Big 12, he’s almost certainly getting those two at a minimum.

17 hours ago, brownboy said:

I feel your pain.  I happened to be in London (humblebrag) for TXOU a few years ago and thought that the 11a kick would finally be great so I could watch it at a pub at 5p.  But of course that was the year the kickoff was 2:30p.  FML but I met with up with the Exes and had a great time at a pub at a train station so it was super easy for everyone to get to.

That sounds awesome. I was in London for the LSU game at DKR. Kickoff was around 1:30am London time. Went to the Longhorn bar that stayed open to show the game. It was a blast, even with the loss. People were super cool and happy to be able to catch the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1