Texas Women’s Basketball 2022-2023: Get on board or get out the damn way

Pancho

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

And obviously recruit better no way we have guards who can’t score 

Besides Rori’s shot disappearing, that’s why we brought in Shaylee and Sonya. This is what they were known for - being scorers. 

Turns out UL is a horrible matchup if you can’t score the ball. 

Vic needs to pray to the basketball gods that this injury shit was just this year. Because holy hell this team would look better if we didn’t have injuries all over the bench

I would not be surprised if Shaylee just heads to the pros. Vic gonna need to find 2 shooters in the portal 

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

They seem so much faster and smooth than us…..gonna take a miracle.

Walz has always run a great offense and is a great tactician. Don’t forget the massive upset of Mulkey’s team with Griner in the tournament.  I just didn’t think we’d just…not show up. This team is mentally and physically exhausted.  We have 3 players just on the bench occupying space due to injuries. Sonya hasn’t played legit minutes in a month due to injury. Rori never got her shot back from last year and her and Shaylee keep having to play 38-40 minutes a night.

Edited by Js1

Rori needs to take 12 shots minimum in the second half. If they they don't go in, they don't. But shoot the ball. 

I have faith Vic won't stand for a humiliating exit, especially in front of our own crowd. Let's see how we react in the second half...and then in the off-season. 

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Besides Rori’s shot disappearing, that’s why we brought in Shaylee and Sonya. This is what they were known for - being scorers. 

Js, since you’re the most in the know with the womens side. Is the Vic trajectory going backwards? I felt like we would be better than this by now. Of course I don’t keep up as much so I don’t know.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Js, since you’re the most in the know with the womens side. Is the Vic trajectory going backwards? I felt like we would be better than this by now. Of course I don’t keep up as much so I don’t know.

No way. This team has been decimated by injuries and lack of depth thanks to some selfishness by players who won’t be named.  I think they highlighted we’ve had 51 games worth of injuries between Moore, Rori, Sonya and Jones.  It was just an unlucky year after back to back Elite 8s

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

there are valid critiques of energy, gameplan, etc, but at the end of the day this team lacks quality, creative, offensive players.  Not many can create their own shot or create for others.  Injuries and youth have brought them here, and hopefully the future should look different, but right now they just are not hard to defend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, someguy said:

there are valid critiques of energy, gameplan, etc, but at the end of the day this team lacks quality, creative, offensive players.  Not many can create their own shot or create for others.  Injuries and youth have brought them here, and hopefully the future should look different, but right now they just are not hard to defend.

Yeah I’m not sure how Vic watched tape of Drake-UL and ran this out there. That team was cutting and moving and back dooring UL to death. Too much standing around in this dribble drive offense 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No way. This team has been decimated by injuries and lack of depth thanks to some selfishness by players who won’t be named.  I think they highlighted we’ve had 51 games worth of injuries between Moore, Rori, Sonya and Jones.  It was just an unlucky year after back to back Elite 8s

Definitely agree, we had some good guards leave that would have definitely had this team looking different . Plus the Moore injury didn’t help