Texas Women’s Basketball 2022-2023: Get on board or get out the damn way

Pancho

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

2023-2024 Roster up now.

https://texassports.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

Why is Aaliyah Moore listed as a junior, should she not have been granted a redshirt year?

They probably haven't applied for the medical redshirt yet.  She still has 2 more regular seasons of eligibility prior to needing the RS season granted.

• Hook 'Em 1

Blair also tweeted "it's a great day to be a Longhorn!" this morning which always precedes good news.

If not a transfer or 2024 recruit, then something to do with NIL from the Texas One Fund even last night.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Vic met the media yesterday.    Worth 25min of your time.

Note at about 6:00 he discusses posting the Louisville score in the locker room.   At about 11:30 discusses taking selfies with team at first day of class.   Injury updates and expectations included.

Very difficult to not like this guy.

Summary from AAS:

Schaefer met with the local media for about 25 minutes on Tuesday. As he prepares for his fourth season at UT, he gave positive updates for Aaliyah Moore and Jordana Codio, who are both rehabbing knee injuries. He shared that sixth-year guard Shaylee Gonzales has recently been given "Grandma" as a nickname. He also discussed why he has made it a tradition to take photos with his players on their first day of class each year.

Schaefer said that Texas won't begin practicing until the end of September. By then, six months will have passed since UT was beaten by Louisville in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Not that the Longhorns will be able to forget that 73-51 loss. Several printouts of that score have been placed around the team's practice gym and facility.

Schaefer said he borrowed the redecorating idea from his time at Mississippi State. To end the 2015-16 season, Mississippi State was beaten by 60 points by UConn in the NCAA Tournament. The following year, Mississippi State upset UConn in the Final Four.

"We put the number 60 all over our facility, on my desk, in our locker room, on the bathroom stall when you shut it, in the weight room, anywhere, in the elevators, on the stairwell," Schaefer said. "It only works if it works, right? But it's not OK. At the end of the day, it's not OK. It wasn't OK then, and it's not OK here. And obviously that (Mississippi State) team 365 days later had another opportunity at the same team in the Final Four and found a way to win. They had remembered and it was a completely different approach.

"Hopefully this team will embrace that same attitude. I believe they have just from their work ethic, what I've seen this summer, the time that they put in.”

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, torre said:

Vic met the media yesterday.    Worth 25min of your time.

Very difficult to not like this guy.

"Hopefully this team will embrace that same attitude. I believe they have just from their work ethic, what I've seen this summer, the time that they put in.”

Thanks @torre

We need a new thread @Pancho  @Js1 for upcoming year of domination. Last chance to spank the B12.

• 5 weeks later...