Tennessee @ Georgia 2:30 CBS

Wally Pryor

Despite Danielson, can't wait to watch this game. Kentucky and Levis are turning out to be disappointing but that was pretty impressive how focused Tennessee was Saturday night with  with no look ahead. Feels like there will be a lot of points here. Not sure why CBS couldn't exercise its prime time opportunity with this one. Normally it does a couple 7P kicks each season. 

Georgia currently laying 9. First big bet made at Caesar's on the game was $50,000 on Georgia at 8.5. (David Purdum at ESPN is a great twitter follow if you're into CFB / any sports gambling/) 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Nolan-Smith-%E2%80%94-Georgia-Football.j

Photo via 247sports

Georgia outside linebacker Nolan Smith is “doubtful” for Saturday’s showdown against Tennessee, Bulldogs coach Kirby Smart announced during his Monday press conference.

“The availability has not been determined,” Smart said of Smith. “It does not look good for his availability this week. He’s got a pec muscle. It’s one of those deals we’ve done an MRI on. We’re still getting some opinions on it but he’s probably doubtful for this week.”

The senior outside linebacker has been perhaps Georgia’s best edge rusher on a roster that’s sometimes struggled getting to the passer this season.

Smith leads the Bulldogs with three sacks on the season while adding 18 tackles and one pass deflection. The 6-foot-3, 235 pound linebacker has some versatility but comes off the edge as a pass rusher in obvious passing down

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Yeah, one per year. Probably made this call back in the summer after some cross-network consultation with Desmond. 

When the Saban-Jimbo beef went down, and aggy winning last year, it was prime time TV.  

WE knew aggy would implode, but CBS thought it would be a fireworks type game. 

Just now, Js1 said:

When the Saban-Jimbo beef went down, and aggy winning last year, it was prime time TV.  

WE knew aggy would implode, but CBS thought it would be a fireworks type game. 

CBS ended up with a competitive game between Bama and aggy, so not a bad choice

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Who besides tOSU are you putting above Tenn and UGA? 

Dunno.  Nobody's really played anybody so who knows?  Maybe TCU?  Maybe Texas?  We hung with Bama with our 2nd string QB and the Vols only beat 'em by 3.  

That's the entire point of the SEC overranked and overrated circle-jerk. 

Georgia's total thumping of Oregon might be a pretty good win.  Tough to say because Oregon's a PAC team, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Dunno.  Nobody's really played anybody so who knows?  Maybe TCU?  Maybe Texas?  We hung with Bama with our 2nd string QB and the Vols only beat 'em by 3.  

Georgia's total thumping of Oregon might be a pretty good win.  Tough to say because Oregon's a PAC team, though.

I’ve watched most all of Georgia’s games since I live in Georgia.  They did not look that impressive against Missouri, Kent State, and Florida.  All of those games were well within reach during the second half. I think Tennessee takes this one.

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Who besides tOSU are you putting above Tenn and UGA? 

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Maybe TCU?  Maybe Texas? 

This is incredible. I am all for Slappy Homerness but to say you might put Texas over UGA or Tennessee is pretty incredible.  

I don't think UGA is nearly as good as they were last year, but to even mention you may put a 3 loss team over them is awesome. 

Edited by Juicy
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Juicy said:

This is incredible. I am all for Slappy Homerness but to say you might put Texas over UGA or Tennessee is pretty incredible.  

I don't think UGA is nearly as good as they were last year, but to even mention you may put a 3 loss team over them is awesome. 

Thanks.  I'm an awesome guy and appreciate the compliment.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

I’ve watched most all of Georgia’s games since I live in Georgia.  They did not look that impressive against Missouri, Kent State, and Florida.  All of those games were well within reach during the second half. I think Tennessee takes this one.

I wouldn't call 17 and 22 point wins "within reach" for the other teams. 

I think UGA has suffered from some championship hangover in the form of boredom and lack of focus, and until someone beats them they should be the #1 team in the country. I'm not sure why they've gone back and forth between being ranked #1 or why they didn’t start the season #1. They aren't going to overlook Tennessee. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I wouldn't call 17 and 22 point wins "within reach" for the other teams. 

I think UGA has suffered from some championship hangover in the form of boredom and lack of focus, and until someone beats them they should be the #1 team in the country. I'm not sure why they've gone back and forth between being ranked #1 or why they didn’t start the season #1. They aren't going to overlook Tennessee. 

Kent State was within 10 points in the fourth  quarter at Georgia. Florida came within 8 points in the second half. And they only beat Missouri by 4 points.  So all those games were well within reach in the second half.   They just haven’t looked as solid and as  dominating as last years team. 

Edited by EuroHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Kent State was within 10 points in the second half. Florida came within 8 points in the second half.

I don't understand what your point is. Oregon started the game tied with Georgia. And then they got beat by 42. 

UGA almost got caught with its pants down against Mizzou but they pulled it out. Outside of that they have won every game by at least 17 points. Including wins against SEC teams of 41, 32 and 55 points. 

Tennessee is good enough to beat them if they outplay them but there's a reason UGA is over a TD favorite. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

If 10rc can stop the run, there is NO WAY Stetson Bennet can keep up with the Ten offense.  Make him make throws against man coverage.

Edited by locodos
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't understand what your point is. Oregon started the game tied with Georgia. And then they got beat by 42. 

UGA almost got caught with its pants down against Mizzou but they pulled it out. Outside of that they have won every game by at least 17 points. Including wins against SEC teams of 41, 32 and 55 points. 

Tennessee is good enough to beat them if they outplay them but there's a reason UGA is over a TD favorite. 

The three games I mentioned were all well within reach in the second half.  Kent State was well within reach in the fourth quarter (we're talking Kent State at home) and Missouri to the very end of the game.  I'll say it again, I don't think Georgia is as good as last year's team.  

Just now, EuroHorn said:

The three games I mentioned were all well within reach in the second half.  Kent State was well within reach in the fourth quarter (we're talking Kent State at home) and Missouri to the very end of the game.  I'll say it again, I don't think Georgia is as good as last year's team.  

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

7 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

They pretty much destroyed Florida.  Think it was 15-3 in first downs in the first half.  A lot of Florida fans left at halftime.  Then they got sloppy with a couple of turnovers in the 3rd quarter and let Florida get close by scoring 17 straight to make it 28-20, but then they turned on the gas again.  UGA plays to the level of their opponent.  They were pretty sloppy against Kent and Mizzou.

5 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

They aren't.  But they are still the best team in the country.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Looking forward to watching this one. These teams destroyed UF and UK in games that were expected to be somewhat competitive. GA tight ends are very effective and Thurston B. Bennett the 5th always seems to know where they and that sneaky fast Bama killer #84 (McConkey?) are, hso he can check down to them when under pressure.

I’m still in a daze after seeing Tenn “waltz” up and down the field at will on Bama and Tenn D is underrated.

Guarantee you this - the Pillsbury Doughboy in red and black will be hopping up and down trying to get GA defense to switch out calls as Tenn O lines up in 15 seconds between plays. How GA defense handles Tenn a-go-go is a key. Get a few 3&outs and Tenn could get too far behind and UT defense to gassed to win. In the end, I’m for UT. I just derive a sick pleasure seeing painted up GA fans in spiked outfits with sad little faces. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I will say it again. I think most of us Vols are still shocked at such a quick turnaround that Heupel has accomplished. It seems like yesterday Pruitt was fired and most of our best players transferred out to other schools. I still don't think we have the depth yet but I will enjoy every minute because I know how fast it can all turn to crap. I just hope we play well tomorrow and what happens will happen. 

I treat Tennessee football like I do flying in an airplane. I drink like hell and hope for the best.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

"Former Tennessee QB Erik Ainge calls Georgia environment ‘overrated,’ ‘not that loud’ "

What a dumbass... 😋

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/former-tennessee-qb-erik-ainge-calls-georgia-environment-overrated-not-that-loud/

Heupel's going to strangle that dude. 

• Like 1

This is Texags worthy
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

I will say it again. I think most of us Vols are still shocked at such a quick turnaround that Heupel has accomplished. It seems like yesterday Pruitt was fired and most of our best players transferred out to other schools. I still don't think we have the depth yet but I will enjoy every minute because I know how fast it can all turn to crap. I just hope we play well tomorrow and what happens will happen. 

I treat Tennessee football like I do flying in an airplane. I drink like hell and hope for the best.

Tennessee is completely playing with house money in this game. Barring significant injury, they should be double digit favorites the rest of the way. An 11-win regular season in the coach’s 2nd year, with a possible playoff appearance. 

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

Tennessee is completely playing with house money in this game. Barring significant injury, they should be double digit favorites the rest of the way. An 11-win regular season in the coach’s 2nd year, with a possible playoff appearance. 

Absolutely and we’ve been saying house money since LSU. Living in Chattanooga Tn we border Georgia so I have friends that like Georgia and all of that and tensions are high at the moment. 

This is a nice puff piece if you care. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34940674/how-tennessee-crew-castoffs-atop-college-football

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1