Migos rapper Takeoff shot and killed in Houston

shadow_operative

28 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Word is it was his uncle Quavo who started going crazy and trying to pick a fight and someone from.his entourage pulled the gun and shot him in friendly fire and then the others started shooting back.

So part of takeoffs crew shot him by accident?

4 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Yeah.  Quavo had lost 100k and his Migos chain.  Went crazy started attacking the other guys.  His entourage pulled out a gun and shot takeoff in the head.  Takeoff was just standing there.

Quavo should kill himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

A very good friend of mine shared this from a rapper (if you grew up with 80/90’s rap you might definitely know who this rapper is and more than like have listened to his songs) who had thoughts on this killing:

“The number of rappers murdered in the past few years proves that once these guys achieve fame and fortune, they have to start moving different. It's unfortunate, but that's the reality.

You can't hang out with randoms. You can't real-time update your IG. You just have to be stealthy. People with everything to lose can't be rubbing elbows with people who have nothing to lose. Expect someone in the nothing to lose category to feel some type of way about your success. I'm a living witness and I have the lowest profile and way less money than these fellas. Several years ago, at an event back in the hood, the attitude I caught from people I knew changed how I interact with my old stomping grounds. I still support the people. I give time and money to causes. I vote with them in mind. But, one bitter random ain't about to put me in a situation.

RIP to this fella. Migos has some catchy tunes. They are masters of call-and-response, which is a tradition that goes all the way back to Africa and it makes me happy that they help keep it alive. And the colorful designer blouses they rocked, *chef's kiss*. Condolences to his family and friends.”

————-

I vouch for my friend. 

12 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

Yeah.  Quavo had lost 100k and his Migos chain.  Went crazy started attacking the other guys.  His entourage pulled out a gun and shot takeoff in the head.  Takeoff was just standing there.

Who was in the dice game with him betting 100k plus??!?

I heard a interview with a woman that was there that night who said before the interview she just got out of talking to Houston PD said it wasn’t over a dice game and they were trying to act as peace makers and he caught a stray bullet

there's some video (that's mostly audio) and from what i've seen it looks like the entire thing escalated and then pops off within seconds. you see/hear quavo arguing with someone, but it isn't particularly heated. then you hear quavo say, "let's go", and like 2-3 seconds later someone makes a move/throws a punch (you can't see exactly what happens), and then 2-3 seconds after that it's just pop pop pop pop pop pop pop and bam, takeoff is dead. the whole thing lasted like 10 seconds, if that. this country's obsession with guns and our "right" to have every idiot in the country strapped at all times is depressing.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

Who was in the dice game with him betting 100k plus??!?

I heard a interview with a woman that was there that night who said before the interview she just got out of talking to Houston PD said it wasn’t over a dice game and they were trying to act as peace makers and he caught a stray bullet

Jazz Prince 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

there's some video (that's mostly audio) and from what i've seen it looks like the entire thing escalated and then pops off within seconds. you see/hear quavo arguing with someone, but it isn't particularly heated. then you hear quavo say, "let's go", and like 2-3 seconds later someone makes a move/throws a punch (you can't see exactly what happens), and then 2-3 seconds after that it's just pop pop pop pop pop pop pop and bam, takeoff is dead. the whole thing lasted like 10 seconds, if that. this country's obsession with guns and our "right" to have every idiot in the country strapped at all times is depressing.

This is basically what I got from the video. The pos that said Quavo should kill himself wow nice contribution to society today 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

this country's obsession with guns and our "right" to have every idiot in the country strapped at all times is depressing.

Partially this. Partially hip-hop culture is unfortunately pretty disgusting in a lot of ways and has been for a long time.  Combine the two and you get a perfect storm of stupid bullshit. 

It's sad, but until songs about money, guns and drugs quit selling it will continue to happen. And I'm admittedly part of the problem in that regard. But, hey, it's what a lot of people like listening to. Just like we like watching TV shows and movies about that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

this country's obsession with guns and our "right" to have every idiot in the country strapped at all times is depressing.

Not to stereotype or anything, but I am willing to bet that most of these dudes carrying at 3am in a bowling alley did not purchase their firearms legally. 

10 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Not to stereotype or anything, but I am willing to bet that most of these dudes carrying at 3am in a bowling alley did not purchase their firearms legally. 

Who gives a fuck? The differences between legal and illegal firearms and the selective enforcement of those laws draws a pretty blurry line. It's almost as if, oh i don't know, it's by design or something.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

also to be clear, quavo said, "let's go" as in "let's leave", and not as in, "let's fight." like 8-10 seconds later takeoff is dead.

4 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

Jazz Prince 

it was jazz prince shooting dice with quavo? jesus, if that's true then tensions between atlanta and houston are going to be sky high right now. there's supposed to be a certain level of respect when people like the migos and jazz prince are involved- an understanding that absolutely nobody is going to get shot over some bullshit. this is like some real life hbo, the wire, GoT type shit. somebody fucked up in a major way, and i imagine that the entire situation could be one giant powder keg. i imagine that people like J Prince, Bun B, Scarface, etc will be getting involved now just to keep shit from escalating. damn this is fucked.

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

it was jazz prince shooting dice with quavo? jesus, if that's true then tensions between atlanta and houston are going to be sky high right now. there's supposed to be a certain level of respect when people like the migos and jazz prince are involved- an understanding that absolutely nobody is going to get shot over some bullshit. this is like some real life hbo, the wire, GoT type shit. somebody fucked up in a major way, and i imagine that the entire situation could be one giant powder keg. i imagine that people like J Prince, Bun B, Scarface, etc will be getting involved now just to keep shit from escalating. damn this is fucked.

Yeah that isn't good but someone in the Migos crew popped off first and shot him in the head. Not sure how much ATL has to be mad about.

• Like 1

They are pointing to the shooter as Migo Bands.  One of their cousins entourage who could be seen with a gun while the argument was going on.  He may have jerked his weapon up and pulled the trigger in a panic when shit started to go down and ended up taking out his own guy.  The other side seeing that was the guy getting shot pumped two more rounds into his stomach.  Just fun times all around.

3 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

They are pointing to the shooter as Migo Bands.  One of their cousins entourage who could be seen with a gun while the argument was going on.  He may have jerked his weapon up and pulled the trigger in a panic when shit started to go down and ended up taking out his own guy.  The other side seeing that was the guy getting shot pumped two more rounds into his stomach.  Just fun times all around.

If I accidentally shot one of my friends, you bet your ass I’d never pick up a gun again in my life.  But, somehow I don’t see this curtailing this Crew’s activities much.  Sad case all the way around.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

If I accidentally shot one of my friends, you bet your ass I’d never pick up a gun again in my life.  But, somehow I don’t see this curtailing this Crew’s activities much.  Sad case all the way around.

I would think when I ever get that rich I'm not gonna hiring my entourage for protection.  In fact none of my entourage is going to be carrying guns except for the professional bodyguards that I hire as protection.  I mean smoking weed and getting drunk while packing a pistol just seems like a great idea overall.

• Like 1