German dude surfs humongous wave

Carl Spackler

I'm seeing stuff on the internet indicating that the video I posted above was actually from October, 2020.  Don't care -- it's still cool.

According to this article, it's the biggest wave that's ever been surfed.  Well, except for Bodhi at Bell's Beach.  

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/biggest-waves-surfed

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

It actually looks easy.

The thing is, it's usually not nearly as smooth on the face of the wave as it looks in those distant shots from the shore. It's generally rough AF, and their legs  have to be nearly exhausted by the time they reach the bottom. Add to that the requirement of massive cojones, and probably not too many people are suited for big wave surfing.

5 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm seeing stuff on the internet indicating that the video I posted above was actually from October, 2020.  Don't care -- it's still cool.

According to this article, it's the biggest wave that's ever been surfed.  Well, except for Bodhi at Bell's Beach.  

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/biggest-waves-surfed

It’s the biggest wave that’s ever been surfed successfully.

1 hour ago, wood said:

The thing is, it's usually not nearly as smooth on the face of the wave as it looks in those distant shots from the shore. It's generally rough AF, and their legs  have to be nearly exhausted by the time they reach the bottom. Add to that the requirement of massive cojones, and probably not too many people are suited for big wave surfing.

That and he is flat-out flying across that face

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, wood said:

Have you surfed a lot of 115’ waves?

also:  just paddling into big waves is total commitment.  You can’t just call timeout and stroll back into the beach if you don’t like the way things are going.

• Drool 1

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Have you surfed a lot of 115’ waves?

also:  just paddling into big waves is total commitment.  You can’t just call timeout and stroll back into the beach if you don’t like the way things are going.

Negative, Ghostrider. I have surfed zero big waves. My surf time is spent bodysurfing or bodyboarding.

Re: the commitment to drop into something like that, yeah, that's exactly what I meant about the massive cojones. I lack both the skill and the cojones for something like that.

Edited by wood

1 minute ago, wood said:

Negative, Ghostrider. I have surfed zero big waves. My surf time is spent bodysurfing or bodyboarding.

Re: the commitment to drop into something like that, yeah, that's exactly what I meant about the massive cojones.

I was quoting Point Break on the last part.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...