the most Texas story in a while

Kyrie Eleison

MARLN, Texas (KWTX) - Marlin Police officers on Monday were dispatched after a child was trampled by a loose cow, the Falls County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post.

Sheriff’s deputies were called to assist catching the cow.

“Deputies, police, and some citizens made several attempts to get the cow, as it was very aggressive, charging towards citizens and law enforcement,” the sheriff’s office said.

“Finally, the cow was cornered (at the ) HEB (parking lot) and several cowboys on horseback were able to rope the cow without anyone else getting hurt.”

https://www.kwtx.com/2022/11/01/marlin-child-trampled-by-loose-cow-sheriffs-office-says/

cowboys roping a pissed off cow that had just trampled a kid in an HEB parking lot in Marlin, Texas.  fucking yee-haw!

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

were the same cowboys who roped it the same cowboys who let it get loose?

Well, the story isn't clear....of those cowboys were also cops, then the answer is almost certainly yes.

Also, it's Marlin.  Closest Whataburger is in Waco.  They probably all retired to The Chicken Place for some tenders, a roll, and gravy.

HEB was open this time. They have lost power twice in the last few months and had to dispose all refrigerated items. Dollar Tree is next door to HEB. Local gossip is that the cow escaped from a local butcher shop. Town is having to pump water from the Brazos into the city lake, so brilliant city government starts work on a splash pad project. Tip, if you drive thru stay on the highways because streets are a pocked like a mine field.

• Hook 'Em 1

During our kid’s Northland Little League game (where Henna Chevrolet dealership is now) 40 years ago, a cattle trailer overturned on I-35.  
The few surviving cows scattered all over the area, but one wandered over to our ball fields where it was lassoed & tied to the outfield fence by a dad who had been raised on a ranch in Milam County.

Luckily nobody was attacked by any traumatized bovines.

When I was kid I got punched in the throat, couldn't swallow food or drink. After the hospital visit and they got me running again, mom took me to Lone Star Cafe for CFS. 

Doesn't relate to the story, but one I wanted to tell. My momma is a Saint. 

• Drool 1

Many years ago I worked for an office supply company in San Marcos. This was before they had an Office Depot or Staples. We made deliveries to Luling fairly often as we were the only store serving that general area. I was delivering to the ISD main office one day when a huge pig came walking through the parking lot…and I mean huge. It had to have been 300-400 pounds. I went into the office and let the ladies know to maybe call the sheriff or something. They just laughed and said something like “oh, that’s just old Charlie… he’s probably heading to the high school. Those kids just love him and he loves those kids”.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/2/2022 at 4:45 PM, Brisketexan said:

Also, it's Marlin.  Closest Whataburger is in Waco.  They probably all retired to The Chicken Place for some tenders, a roll, and gravy.

Marlin. Got a sky-scraper old hotel (OK, 7 stories, but the whole population could fit inside it if you allow drinking in the halls) that fascinates me, from the days when you'd spend so much time getting to Marlin to conduct yo bidness, that you might as well stay for the night, and lots of other people were doing the same.