Masked Singer

GoPokes83

“That may be Brad Pitt”, “No that’s definitely Bono!”… Wow!!!! It’s that guy who played the bellhop in that one episode of The Astronaut Wives Club in 2014!!! Our local Fox affiliate gives updates and promo’s about this dreck on their morning news a couple times a week. JFC does anyone watch this shit?

• Hook 'Em 1

watched the first season mainly because it annoyed mrs. pied but it was kinda new and different.  Got bored of it pretty quick.  

Seems like they're still getting people many would recognize.  

• Eric Idle - Monty Python
  • Chris Kirkpatrick - NSYNC
  • William Shatner - duh
  • Jeff Dunham - no clue but apparently a ventriloquist
  • Montell JOrdan - "This is How we do it" song
  • The Bradys
    • Mike Lookinland - Bobby
    • Barry Williams - Greg
    • Christopher Knight - Peter
  • Daymond John - Shark Tank
  • Mario Cantone - no clue but apparently a TV/Comedian guy
  • Gloria Gaynor  - "I Will Survive"
  • Jerry Springer
  • Kat Graham - no clue on TV apparently

3 hours ago, pied06 said:

watched the first season mainly because it annoyed mrs. pied but it was kinda new and different.  Got bored of it pretty quick.  

Seems like they're still getting people many would recognize.  

• Eric Idle - Monty Python
  • Chris Kirkpatrick - NSYNC
  • William Shatner - duh
  • Jeff Dunham - no clue but apparently a ventriloquist
  • Montell JOrdan - "This is How we do it" song
  • The Bradys
    • Mike Lookinland - Bobby
    • Barry Williams - Greg
    • Christopher Knight - Peter
  • Daymond John - Shark Tank
  • Mario Cantone - no clue but apparently a TV/Comedian guy
  • Gloria Gaynor  - "I Will Survive"
  • Jerry Springer
  • Kat Graham - no clue on TV apparently

Maybe recognize, but Shatner is the only one getting any other offers.

• Hook 'Em 1

I went down this rabbit hole two weeks ago watching Justin Hawkins, Natalie Imbruglia, Jewel, Hanson, and Chloe Kim ... All of their respective performances on Masked Singer. They were all really impressive. I also found it unbelievable most of the judges didn't recognize Busta rhymes right off the bat.

On 11/2/2022 at 9:47 AM, GoPokes83 said:

“That may be Brad Pitt”, “No that’s definitely Bono!”… Wow!!!! It’s that guy who played the bellhop in that one episode of The Astronaut Wives Club in 2014!!! Our local Fox affiliate gives updates and promo’s about this dreck on their morning news a couple times a week. JFC does anyone watch this shit?

LOL.  I clicked on this thread to make fun of you.  Glad I read your post.

Even my 5th grader thinks it's stupid.

• 1 year later...

Can someone explain to me why this show is popular at all?  Humanity does a bunch of stupid shit, but this is one I just can't crack.  What is the appeal?  It's so bizarre.

Edited by Biff Tannen
or even how it works as a show at all? it seems like a show about nothing and not in the awesome Seinfeld way

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Can someone explain to me why this show is popular at all?  Humanity does a bunch of stupid shit, but this is one I just can't crack.  What is the appeal?  It's so bizarre.

I saw the ads during college football and apparently there's also a bachelor show for 80 year olds. I assume the logic behind both shows is the same but who the fuck knows.

I saw the ads during college football and apparently there's also a bachelor show for 80 year olds. I assume the logic behind both shows is the same but who the fuck knows.

The Golden Bachelor has revitalized the franchise. Ratings are up 3x over previous recent seasons. Golden Bachelorette coming next. He’s 72. Had 22 GILFs in his harem.

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The Golden Bachelor has revitalized the franchise. Ratings are up 3x over previous recent seasons. Golden Bachelorette coming next. He’s 72. Had 22 GILFs in his harem.

Every time I saw a commercial for this shit show that dude was crying like a pussy.

I will never understand how anyone with half of a brain could watch shows like these....

Reality shows that have a dozen or more writers.....that is really "reality".

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Fox has another one coming where relatives of famous people sing and someone trues to guess who they are related to.

Shit like this is why I rarely watch TV outside of streaming anymore.  

I mean, why don't we just have a show where famous people try to find a toaster in an empty room?  Or famous people try to guess what time it is?  

We are a broken society.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Playboy channel had a game show where hot women were trotted out fully clothed. Then they go behind a curtain, get nekkid and get behind panels covering everything but tits and then their asses. Contestants had to guess which tits and ass went with which person.

See, now THIS is interesting writing!

• Hook 'Em 1