Snyder's Planning to Sell The Washington Redskins/Football Team/Commanders

BurntOrange&White

This could  just be him positioning to sell a minority stake in the team in order to fund a new stadium since he couldn't get VA to pay for one. 

That is why the presser says transactions and not sale. 

Edited by Juicy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Juicy said:

This could  just be him positioning to sell a minority stake in the team in order to fund a new stadium since he couldn't get VA to pay for one. 

Why in holy fuck would he sell a minority stake to fund a stadium that he’d pay for with his proceeds (and not gross team proceeds)?  I suppose that could be a requirement for any Buyer in a transaction (that they participate in the stadium build pro-rata), but why would Snyder put his money into the franchise when he’s imminently going to be bounced from the league?

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

Why in holy fuck would he sell a minority stake to fund a stadium that he’d pay for with his proceeds (and not gross team proceeds)?  I suppose that could be a requirement for any Buyer in a transaction (that they participate in the stadium build pro-rata), but why would Snyder put his money into the franchise when he’s imminently going to be bounced from the league?

Wondering if this had anything to do with Dan flexing in the press that he had things on many owners including Jones and even Goodell? Glass houses and all that. That investigation into his dealings with the cheerleaders could easily find its way to light. He flexed thinking he’s got shit. The league said they’ve got more. I’d love to know what they have on that bastard. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Because he’s betting that the league would have to pay him a massive premium above and beyond the value of the team and the stadium.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Because he is NOT going to pay for the stadium, he is going to sell off a piece of the team to someone who is willing to build a stadium. 

The dude is a horrible fuck, nothing he has done should lead anyone to believe he is going to go quietly. Dude is going to go down with the ship unless the NFL forces him to sell. 

The team is worth a whole lot more with a brand new stadium than they are currently. 

I now feel what many Italians must have felt after hearing Benito Mussolini had been removed from power after years of him leading Italy to humiliating disaster after humiliating disaster. Of course Hitler broke him out of prison and restored him to power as a puppet dictator. Maybe Jerry Jones swoops in and saves Snyder.

31 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So what’s wrong with their current 25 year old stadium?  I hate this idea that these stadia, now billions of dollars each, have a planned obsolescence at around 3 decades. 

you could start here. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So what’s wrong with their current 25 year old stadium?  I hate this idea that these stadia, now billions of dollars each, have a planned obsolescence at around 3 decades. 

Since the owners never have to pay for them, why not build a new one every few decades?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Jeff Bezos, come on down.

3 hours ago, Juicy said:

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

Because he is NOT going to pay for the stadium, he is going to sell off a piece of the team to someone who is willing to build a stadium. 

The dude is a horrible fuck, nothing he has done should lead anyone to believe he is going to go quietly. Dude is going to go down with the ship unless the NFL forces him to sell. 

The team is worth a whole lot more with a brand new stadium than they are currently. 

1. Snyder is actually one of the poorer owners in the league.  He basically pissed away all his non Redskins money and all his value is wrapped up in the team.  He had to borrow at least $500 million to buy out his prior partners for $750 million.

2. He could potentially sell a stake to try and build a stadium, but he would have to sell at least 40%, assuming the current valuation to raise the money he needs to purchase the land and pay partially out of pocket to build the stadium.  I'm not sure how many people are going to be willing to hand Dan Snyder 2.5 billion dollars in a minority, non-voting stake that he gets to use to build a stadium for a team he has shown no ability to run competently. 

3. I say this with no sarcasm: I do think Taylor Swift bypassing DC on her summer tour is at least a contributing factor here.  The only other major NFL city that got bypassed was Miami.  It illustrates a much bigger problem: The current stadium has virtually no reuse value due to location and state of disrepair. And every local community has now bypassed building him a stadium:

1.  The RFK location requires congressional approval, and in DC local politics, Snyder is toxic as fuck after playing footsy with Trump.
  2.  Maryland has publically said they won't bid against another location
  3.  The Virginia legislation just embarassed him and pulled a stadium bill and all the sponsors basically called Snyder a piece of shit

The Owners would have to approve a move. And not even Jerry would defend him in those ESPN articles a few weeks ago.  He has no friends in the ownership group.

He could be trying to find partners and continue fucking with the other owners.  But he is in a bad place:  A stadium will take at least 2 years to build, not even accounting for the public infrastructure improvements, legal wrangling, and financing time.  He is running out of time to move and is increasingly looking like having to sign a lease extension at the current stadium. 

OTOH:  Bezos would probably be able to put together a stadium deal in the blink of an eye.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Wondering if this had anything to do with Dan flexing in the press that he had things on many owners including Jones and even Goodell? Glass houses and all that. That investigation into his dealings with the cheerleaders could easily find its way to light. He flexed thinking he’s got shit. The league said they’ve got more. I’d love to know what they have on that bastard. 

3 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Because he’s betting that the league would have to pay him a massive premium above and beyond the value of the team and the stadium.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
3 hours ago, Juicy said:

This is all it is. He's not selling unless he's forced out.

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

None of what y’all are saying makes any sense. If there is any threat of you being stripped of an asset, you don’t put more of your money into that asset. I don’t care how he structures a sale; if the consideration for someone else building a stadium for him is him granting a sizable minority share, Snyder is still paying for the stadium. He may be doing so in a cashless transaction, but he’d giving up significant ownership %. So he’s paying for it. 

Snyder isn’t broke - he can build a stadium. He also isn’t stupid and isn’t going to pour money into an asset of his that he might be forced to sell at a discount.  The stadium ruse  theory makes zero sense. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Texas Stadium in its last few years was awful.  Yes I know they reduced maintenance costs because they were about to move, but all things bathroom sucked.