More fun with an old truck

Heading to a friend’s place north of Brady for opening day. Had the truck transmission flushed, got a new battery, have her running like a top.

Till she wasn’t. Stopped at Tractor Supply for some additional stuff, came out, it won’t start. Turns over fine, but won’t kick. Pretty damn sure it’s the fuel pump.

So, getting her towed to a shop in Brady, a friend is coming to get me, I’m in the parking lot with all my gear, like a hobo. Sigh.

aca0c280f02bdce0da2ae5aed34dc142.jpg

7ac105bf668757ad695cae0222896393.jpg

Well, just got a call: was a fuel filter issue, replaced and running fine. Cheap fix and done. I will just coordinate with the guy and pick it up tomorrow after the morning hunt.
And got my rifle dialed in to a nice 1-inch group, ready to go.
And have a good plan for the new lawsuit I’ll be filing next week - coordinated with the right folks and have a good plan.

Shitty morning, turned into a good day. Beer in hand, dinner cooking. I’ll probably fart some later.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Weatherby Mark V 30/06.

Shooting 180 grains, a bit heavier than I like (I usually shoot 150s), but last year, 180s were all I could find.

I also have a .300 mag, same rifle, but that’s a lotta gun, AND I haven’t found ammo in years.

What kind of ammo do you run for it? I can look around.

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

What kind of ammo do you run for it? I can look around.

The Weatherby .300 mag?  Back in the day, the only sources were Weatherby and Remington.  But I just looked, and it's available on Midway.  It ain't cheap, but it never has been.  I shoot the 165 grain - always figured I'd use the 180 grain if I ever went elk hunting.

I really need to dust that rifle off and shoot it again.  It's a helluva gun.

On 11/8/2022 at 2:47 PM, Brisketexan said:

The Weatherby .300 mag?  Back in the day, the only sources were Weatherby and Remington.  But I just looked, and it's available on Midway.  It ain't cheap, but it never has been.  I shoot the 165 grain - always figured I'd use the 180 grain if I ever went elk hunting.

I really need to dust that rifle off and shoot it again.  It's a helluva gun.

Several local shops (west Houston) have had a full assortment of Wby even during the crunch. It’s been the one time having oddball cartridges wasn’t difficult.  

Exception being my .270Wby. But I finally found some and stocked up.  Lol at the Varmintmaster at $349.   Mine was about 8x that when I picked it up. Oof.