We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!

satyanash

11 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Well, we’ve been watching two different teams I guess. I’m a die hard longhorn fan but we aren’t better than Washington . We might beat them ( so hard to predict bowl games-sit outs , motivations etc. ) but skull fucking anybody isn’t really in our playbook (OU excluded of course emoji41.png).

Vegas will have us as 6.5 point favorites I bet. We are better than them. And I’m pretty sure the PAC 12 in general is ass my dude. We shall see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ScottS said:

Seems like that would be a thing that the tv networks would do in the first couple weeks of the season.  Like they do in basketball with all of these made-for-tv tournaments and challenges.  I know I would be much more interested in a Texas-FSU or Texas-Miami game in week 1 or 2 over Rice or UTSA or the like.

I got curious, so I did a little research to see which schools in the current power 5 conferences Texas has never played in football.

ACC:  Clemson, FSU, Duke

B1G:  MSU, Illinois

Pac-12 and SEC:  none.  Somewhat surprisingly (to me, at least), Texas has played every current member at some point.

When we go SEC, it will be interesting to see how the non conference schedule gets readjusted.   We have Ohio State, Michigan, and Arizona State on the list along with Florida and Georgia, but those two will go away now with them possibly being conference crossovers or whatever they decide to call it once we make the jump and divisions or pods are adjusted accordingly.  

I don’t see us going back to some of our former Big 12 counterparts for these non conference games.   It seems the current SEC schools have more of their non conference schedules against ACC schools.   But a lot of that is due to geographical rivalries and the such. We will probably be in a position to schedule more from the PAC 12 or Big 10.  But playing a Clemson or Florida State would be cool too.    

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

If I had my way, Texas would never schedule another game against a current Big 12 team in any sport. If I were feeling especially benevolent, maybe Oklahoma State in baseball and Kansas in basketball. 

OU is a current B12 team.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

If I had my way, Texas would never schedule another game against a current Big 12 team in any sport. If I were feeling especially benevolent, maybe Oklahoma State in baseball and Kansas in basketball. 

This. Dont even schedule osu or ku.

schedule smaller Texas schools for all our non-con needs

11 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

No to the pokes for the fuck job this year and 2015.   Both impacted the entire trajectories of each season.  

• Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I would schedule every Big 12 team except Baylor and TCU because those worthless raping fucks should never have been allowed to join in the first place 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

They are P5 schools close by. Of course we are going to play them in the future in all of our sports.

We can hold a grudge against one school, like we did to Houston after Bleachergate, but you cannot really do that to that many schools.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Hopefully we go to 9 games in the SEC. That leaves 3 non conference. It’s really really easy to schedule the non- conference- pick one from each group:

home and home- Michigan- Washington- Oregon- USC- UCLA- Wisconsin-  North Carolina- Florida State- Clemson- Noter Dame
that’s it- that’s the list of premiere opponents non con and we have one every year. We don’t play anyone in the shit 12, nor Pedo State nor Ohio State because fuck those guys. All good trips for our fan base to make. 

2/1- Rice, SMU

Always at home- UTSA, UTEP, North Texas, TX State (if and only if they figure out what they are doing). 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

They are P5 schools close by. Of course we are going to play them in the future in all of our sports.

We can hold a grudge against one school, like we did to Houston after Bleachergate, but you cannot really do that to that many schools.

There is zero benefit to playing baylor.  Zero. 

27 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Hopefully we go to 9 games in the SEC. That leaves 3 non conference. It’s really really easy to schedule the non- conference- pick one from each group:

home and home- Michigan- Washington- Oregon- USC- UCLA- Wisconsin-  North Carolina- Florida State- Clemson- Noter Dame
that’s it- that’s the list of premiere opponents non con and we have one every year. We don’t play anyone in the shit 12, nor Pedo State nor Ohio State because fuck those guys. All good trips for our fan base to make. 

2/1- Rice, SMU

Always at home- UTSA, UTEP, North Texas, TX State (if and only if they figure out what they are doing). 

No point in playing SMU since we already play in Dallas every year. I’d give Rice a 2/1 that opens every season, with the provision that the Houston game is at Reliant. For the third game I’d split them out between other UT system schools and the formerly directional Louisiana schools. For recruiting, I’d play a game in the Superdome every four years against the latter…

Edited by Ignatius

13 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

It could be much worse then playing a top 12 team in a prime time night game.  

It could, but I just don’t find Big XII leftovers vs PAC 12 leftovers very interesting.  Wish the Alamo Bowl had ties with a conference other than The PAC 12.  One of the reasons I’ve generally lost interest in the Bowl season (other than a multitude of crap small school matchups) is you can see some teams who “just missed out on their goals” really don’t bring it if their key players play at all.  It wasn’t like that a decade or so ago.  More often than not, bowl season is a smaller program all fired up to play against a favorite that barely cares about being there.  Unfortunately, I think college football needs to provide more player incentives for these games which one could argue they just did by going to a 12-team playoff.  We’ll see how that works because the bowl game ratings since the advent of the 4-team playoff have been absolutely brutal as has been attendance.  Speaks for itself

1 minute ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

It could, but I just don’t find Big XII leftovers vs PAC 12 leftovers very interesting.  Wish the Alamo Bowl had ties with a conference other than The PAC 12.  One of the reasons I’ve generally lost interest in the Bowl season (other than a multitude of crap small school matchups) is you can see some teams who “just missed out on their goals” really don’t bring it if their key players play at all.  It wasn’t like that a decade or so ago.  More often than not, bowl season is a smaller program all fired up to play against a favorite that barely cares about being there.  Unfortunately, I think college football needs to provide more player incentives for these games which one could argue they just did by going to a 12-team playoff.  We’ll see how that works because the bowl game ratings since the advent of the 4-team playoff have been absolutely brutal as has been attendance.  Speaks for itself

It used to have ties with the Big 10. You want to be playing Purdue, Illinois, or Iowa instead? That's worse. The Alamo previous sucked because it was way down on the list of Big 10 bowls. The Big 12 never had great bowls until the Sugar picked up the winner/alternate. 

10 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Is Washington any good?

Would’ve played for the PAC 12 championship vs USC had they not lost The Apple Cup.  Of course that scenario only reared it’s head late in the season with both UCLA and Oregon taking late unexpected losses (one of which was Oregon losing to Wash).  PAC 12 kind of is what it is.  Washington’s QB is getting some sleeper NFL draft hype though he’s quite injury prone which might not bode well for him playing in the bowl game

Edited by Steelers Roll Left

3 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Would’ve played for the PAC 12 championship vs USC had they not lost The Apple Cup.  Of course that scenario only reared it’s head late in the season with both UCLA and Oregon taking late unexpected losses (one of which was Oregon losing to Wash).  PAC 12 kind of is what it is.  Washington’s QB is getting some sleeper NFL draft hype though he’s quite injury prone which might not bode well for him playing in the bowl game

Washington won the Apple Cup.

• Like 2

Some people say bowling alleys
got big lanes
(Got big lanes)
(Got big lanes)
Some people say that bowling alleys
all look the same
(Look the same)
(Look the same)
There's not a line that goes here
That rhymes with anything
(Anything)
(Anything)
Had a dream last night
But I forget what it was
(What it was)
(What it was)
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sundodger said:

Washington won the Apple Cup.

My bad, I must’ve been thinking of the Oregon v Oregon State scenario.  Utah only played for The PAC 12 title this week because teams in front of them lost opening the door.  Guess that means Washington was behind Utah and Oregon in that line last week

Just now, Steelers Roll Left said:

My bad, I must’ve been thinking of the Oregon v Oregon State scenario.  Utah only played for The PAC 12 title this week because teams in front of them lost opening the door.  Guess that means Washington was behind Utah and Oregon in that line last week

Washington lost to Arizona State on the road by 7 and by 8 at UCLA. Didn't play Utah or USC this year. Beat Oregon by 3. 

• satyanash changed the title to We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!