We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!

satyanash

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Hopefully we go to 9 games in the SEC. That leaves 3 non conference. It’s really really easy to schedule the non- conference- pick one from each group:

home and home- Michigan- Washington- Oregon- USC- UCLA- Wisconsin-  North Carolina- Florida State- Clemson- Noter Dame
that’s it- that’s the list of premiere opponents non con and we have one every year. We don’t play anyone in the shit 12, nor Pedo State nor Ohio State because fuck those guys. All good trips for our fan base to make. 

2/1- Rice, SMU

Always at home- UTSA, UTEP, North Texas, TX State (if and only if they figure out what they are doing). 

This is a good strategy.   I’d throw in trying to schedule one of the academies in that mix.   Real Army, Navy or Air Force would be cool to have at DKR once in awhile.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

If I had my way, Texas would never schedule another game against a current Big 12 team in any sport. If I were feeling especially benevolent, maybe Oklahoma State in baseball and Kansas in basketball. 

I might keep some of them for baseball.   Playing Cougar High or TCU would be ok.   If we play  either on the road, it gets the Alums and fan base in those areas  a shot to see a series.  Screw Tech and Baylor.   If they want to play us, they will need to fuel up the bus and head southbound.  But screw them anyway 

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I might keep some of them for baseball.   Playing Cougar High or TCU would be ok.   If we play  either on the road, it gets the Alums and fan base in those areas  a shot to see a series.  Screw Tech and Baylor.   If they want to play us, they will need to fuel up the bus and head southbound.  But screw them anyway 

SMU and Rice play baseball. Well, I presume SMU does. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

55 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Gonna be interesting to see who plays for Texas in this game.  Wouldn't blame several players headed to the NFL to sit this game out.

Have heard some rumors that the conditions of that turf in the Alamo Dome is not great... anyone know more about this ??

As the lament last year when we didn’t make it is that a bowl game is good for getting reps with the next year’s squad, I’ve come to realize that, unless it’s a NY6 or playoff type-caliber game, I’m more and more fine with exiting players opting out to give the newer guys more reps and a sneak peek as to what we may see next season.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yeah I was objecting to the idea of not playing any of the Big 12 teams in any sport ever. Of course we are going to keep playing them in other sports.

• satyanash changed the title to We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!
39 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Texas baseball in Houston always draws a huge crowd 

6 hours ago, Slacks said:

There is not one football player or fan who doesn't want something like this.

64 is too many, of course. 16 is probably the reasonable answer.

I don’t know. 4 straight playoff games in random cities is a lot to ask of my job.  Would have to probably quit.  

Oh well.  Kids can borrow to pay for their college I guess.