We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!

satyanash

1 minute ago, Xcalibur said:

Have any season ticket holders heard anything back yet from LHF on filling Alamo bowl ticket requests?  I submitted my post season ticket application last week, but it's been silent.  Any word from anyone else?

Got email today. Orders confirmed and finalized. Card charged by end of this week.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Xcalibur said:

Have any season ticket holders heard anything back yet from LHF on filling Alamo bowl ticket requests?  I submitted my post season ticket application last week, but it's been silent.  Any word from anyone else?

I haven't tried to get tickets, but I got an email today saying the UT allotment has been sold and in order to get tickets you need to go to the bowl's website or StubHub. Not sure if that really applies to your situation as an applicant though.

39 minutes ago, wood said:

I haven't tried to get tickets, but I got an email today saying the UT allotment has been sold and in order to get tickets you need to go to the bowl's website or StubHub. Not sure if that really applies to your situation as an applicant though.

On 12/4/2022 at 2:48 PM, Liquor and Poker said:

I don’t know. 4 straight playoff games in random cities is a lot to ask of my job.  Would have to probably quit.  

Oh well.  Kids can borrow to pay for their college I guess. 

The planners tell me I shouldn't put my money up on the kids. I'm soft, I guess.

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

12 hours ago, wood said:

I received the same email and thought I didn't get part of the allotted tickets only to get the 2nd email later in the day that my order was processed and card would be charged by the end of the week. A little irritated by the confusion because in between emails I bought 2 after market tickets through ticketmaster in Section 115 Row 4 on the Alamo Bowl website. Depending on where my allotted tickets are I'm selling one pair. I just want my $$ back, so if anyone wants 2 tickets PM me. 

4 hours ago, Okcool said:

I received the same email and thought I didn't get part of the allotted tickets only to get the 2nd email later in the day that my order was processed and card would be charged by the end of the week. A little irritated by the confusion because in between emails I bought 2 after market tickets through ticketmaster in Section 115 Row 4 on the Alamo Bowl website. Depending on where my allotted tickets are I'm selling one pair. I just want my $$ back, so if anyone wants 2 tickets PM me. 

I saw the tweet regarding sold out Alamo tickets allotment, but I still have yet to receive any e-mail giving an indication in either direction.  I never got a "Your order is being processed..." or a "We're all sold out..." e-mail.  I think I'll just continue to wait and see what happens at the end of this week.  Worst case, I guess I can just buy after-market tickets as it gets closer to kickoff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

I saw the tweet regarding sold out Alamo tickets allotment, but I still have yet to receive any e-mail giving an indication in either direction.  I never got a "Your order is being processed..." or a "We're all sold out..." e-mail.  I think I'll just continue to wait and see what happens at the end of this week.  Worst case, I guess I can just buy after-market tickets as it gets closer to kickoff. 

Give 'em a call. They should be able to get you an answer pretty quickly.

43 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I went through UT for the Fiesta Bowl back in 2009.  The school allotment were the shittiest seats possible.  I have never gone through the school for bowl tickets again and won’t.  Maybe the that’s changed since then, but I doubt it.

This.  between holiday plans changing and shitty locations and ridiculous allotment policies, going through the Foundation has usually sucked.  Only postseason game I ever had a pleasant surprise in seating was the 2001 Big XII Championship.  The handful of other games, despite high points/donation history, were shit seats.  Over many, many games...I'm sure I overpaid more than I would through LHF, but I got better seats, sold those I didn't use at close to what I paid, and didn't have to eat shit on games we didn't end up going to (Alamo and Fiesta Bowls being prime examples).  

I'll shamelessly plug CenTex tickets (owner used to be a poster on LFZ).  Guy always delivers the absolute best seats for my stated price point.  Came through for me in 2005 Rose Bowl and dozens of times since.  

6 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I got my tickets for the national championship Rose Bowl through the LHF because I was I feared the scalper market for that one. The others bowls have been aftermarket, I just look to avoid seats in the other school’s allotment. 

For this game, I wouldn't worry about seats in the other school's allotment. It's going to be 90% UT fans there.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Wish they would switch around bowls and conference affiliation every year to get some variety. I'm tired of the Alamo Bowl and tired of seeing Pac12 schools. Make these games interesting... We should be playing North Carolina in a bowl because of the interesting angle

We're playing a team Sark used to coach, and Washington is one of the few Top 20 all time football programs that we have not played recently (USC, OU, ND, LSU, Bama) or are scheduled to play soon (Florida, UGA, Michigan, Ohio St).  Based on our W/L this year, I'm not sure we could have been paired with a better opponent?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

For this game, I wouldn't worry about seats in the other school's allotment. It's going to be 90% UT fans there.

Every UT attended Alamo Bowl I've been to (every one except for the Missouri game under Mr Kendra Scott) has been this way.

Roughly

Edited by Cajun
TLDR - gagreed

CSB - this will be my 12th Alamo Bowl in a row, since moving to SA. Over 80% of those have been great games, with either high scoring games or great come-back wins (TCU). The only two I remember not being close was Mack’s last vs Oregon and OSU’s blow out of I think CU.

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

We're playing a team Sark used to coach, and Washington is one of the few Top 20 all time football programs that we have not played recently (USC, OU, ND, LSU, Bama) or are scheduled to play soon (Florida, UGA, Michigan, Ohio St).  Based on our W/L this year, I'm not sure we could have been paired with a better opponent?

It's ok, at least it's not someone we see often, but there's not much interest here. With bowl games being meaningless and less and less people caring each year they should look for storylines to sell. Yeah Sark coached at Washington but not long and he didn't do anything there. They don't give a shit about him either way. 

Mack won a title here and played for another one plus he left under bad terms. That would be a much better game to sell than another meaningless Alamo Bowl against a west coast team. It would be nice if they would do away with all conference affiliation and let the bowls seek out their own matchups. 

It's ok, at least it's not someone we see often, but there's not much interest here. With bowl games being meaningless and less and less people caring each year they should look for storylines to sell. Yeah Sark coached at Washington but not long and he didn't do anything there. They don't give a shit about him either way. 
Mack won a title here and played for another one plus he left under bad terms. That would be a much better game to sell than another meaningless Alamo Bowl against a west coast team. It would be nice if they would do away with all conference affiliation and let the bowls seek out their own matchups. 
Boo.

I'm happy with match-up.

Hi Longhorn Fans, looking forward to traveling to Tejas (I like to call it that) for the Alamo Bowl.  This will be my first time visiting Austin so I hope you can give me lots of great recommendations on fun things to do with my family!  

Anyway, I really think UW has a chance to go all the way next year, and that starts with a bowl win this year. Here’s 5 reasons why I like my DAWGS to win.

1. Michael Big Penix Energy Jr. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 5 years of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Jaxson Kirtman, Bainvalium, Center, Ossai, Rosengarten. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Inge. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is speaking out about the difference between our game plan on defense vs Washington State and our game planning since then. you will see a much improved defense on 12/28.

4. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team Washington has had this century, maybe since 1998! James Odunze, Jalen McClatcher, Ja'Z Polk, MJ Ale, Louis Rankin, Grady Gross. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

I think UW wins this one rather easily, say… 34-17???

• Fuck You 24

41 minutes ago, BigPenixEnergy said:

Hi Longhorn Fans, looking forward to traveling to Tejas (I like to call it that) for the Alamo Bowl.  This will be my first time visiting Austin so I hope you can give me lots of great recommendations on fun things to do with my family!  

Anyway, I really think UW has a chance to go all the way next year, and that starts with a bowl win this year. Here’s 5 reasons why I like my DAWGS to win.

1. Michael Big Penix Energy Jr. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 5 years of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Jaxson Kirtman, Bainvalium, Center, Ossai, Rosengarten. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Inge. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is speaking out about the difference between our game plan on defense vs Washington State and our game planning since then. you will see a much improved defense on 12/28.

4. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team Washington has had this century, maybe since 1998! James Odunze, Jalen McClatcher, Ja'Z Polk, MJ Ale, Louis Rankin, Grady Gross. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

Who the fuck is this guy??  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BigPenixEnergy said:

Well for starters, the Alamo Bowl is played in San Antonio, not Austin. Welcome to Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, BigPenixEnergy said:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, BigPenixEnergy said:

spacer.png

6 hours ago, BigPenixEnergy said:

Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Jaxson Kirtman, Bainvalium, Center, Ossai, Rosengarten. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

How many came from the portal?

I’ll take Texas +17 for $50,000. You in?
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Who ?

It will be the Craig Way audio at my house as usual.

That's the main SEC Network crew.  I think they're actually pretty good.  Cubelic is the sideline guy and was the one who got Kiffin to make the joker costume comment about Jimbo after the Ole Miss game this season.