We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!

satyanash

7 hours ago, flatdawgs said:

That's not even a good troll, aside from that (and the incorrect date). Most of the players he mentioned are either long gone or just made-up names. The UW hasn't played anyone since Washington State. We neither play ball control nor worry much about TOP.

Someone should be kind enough to show him where the bowl game is, at Kroger Field in Collie Station, and perhaps after he will regale us with a tale of how great everyone in Texas is and how although he's a lifelong "Husky" now he wants his kids to go to that incredible university he saw there simply because so many wonderful fans showed him around and said "Howdy!" and gave him a thumbs up even though there didn't actually seem to be a game going on at the stadium.

Because that's the level of writing that was. 

Yeah, that's one hell of a first post.

- Doesn't match his copypasta formatting to the website default,

- gets hardly any detail about the game or UW correct

- writes worse than a toddler

• Haha 1

Wish they would switch around bowls and conference affiliation every year to get some variety. I'm tired of the Alamo Bowl and tired of seeing Pac12 schools. Make these games interesting... We should be playing North Carolina in a bowl because of the interesting angle

Or, you know, Texas could just win more games
  • Rage+1 1

Hi Longhorn Fans, looking forward to traveling to Tejas (I like to call it that) for the Alamo Bowl.  This will be my first time visiting Austin so I hope you can give me lots of great recommendations on fun things to do with my family!  

Anyway, I really think UW has a chance to go all the way next year, and that starts with a bowl win this year. Here’s 5 reasons why I like my DAWGS to win.

1. Michael Big Penix Energy Jr. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 5 years of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Jaxson Kirtman, Bainvalium, Center, Ossai, Rosengarten. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Inge. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is speaking out about the difference between our game plan on defense vs Washington State and our game planning since then. you will see a much improved defense on 12/28.

4. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team Washington has had this century, maybe since 1998! James Odunze, Jalen McClatcher, Ja'Z Polk, MJ Ale, Louis Rankin, Grady Gross. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

I think UW wins this one rather easily, say… 34-17???

I love the Center not even having a name lol

3 hours ago, Eggo said:

You serious, Clark? 

Umm yea...Yea, I was serious. Because it was the Texas Bowl 

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

Why, yes, yes it was.

Had that conflated with the Alamo Bowl for some reason.

I was at that game and you had me worried that I was starting to get old and misremembering things lol

12 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Umm yea...Yea, I was serious. Because it was the Texas Bowl 

I was at that game and you had me worried that I was starting to get old and misremembering things lol

I have no idea why (other than both being also-ran Texas bowls) that my mind keeps telling me that it was the Alamo Bowl despite clear and irrefutable evidence that it wasn't.

Must have been those shrooms I did back in the 80s.

3 hours ago, Cajun said:

Oh, absolutely.  Best Q on the planet.

Stay away from the TexMex though.

It's dogshit.

Don't lie to the poor bastard. The Tex Mex is only dogshit if you go anywhere other than right on the riverwalk. That's where the good stuff is. You Washington folks will need to pay for quality. 

• Haha 2

On 12/5/2022 at 11:02 PM, Reese Bennett said:

Rainier is a threat but the one that is far, far more dangerous is the Cascadia Subduction Zone which could fuck everything up from Northern California to Canada, particularly west of I-5. The geologic record shows 8.7-9.2 earthquakes lasting up to 9 minutes with a major tsunami that has the potential to reach 100 feet or more. The PNW coast will jump/slip 6 feet or more to the west, coastal towns isolated, bridges out, tsunami hitting Puget Sound and bouncing around a few times while running up the Columbia--it's bad news all around and the response will overwhelm this country.

It's a quiet front as pressure just builds and builds with minor deep tremors miles out in the ocean until it moves in a big way. Decent chance only the southern half goes though the whole thing is not at all out of the question. These earthquakes happen every 300-500 years with the last one being in 1700 as documented by the tsunami records in Japan. Speaking of Japan, The CSZ is the same kind of megathrust earthquake they experienced in 2011 but will be across a much greater area. 

Mount Rainier lahar and flows map

image005.jpg

NWS JetStream Max - Cascadia Subduction Zone

image009.gif

image013.gif

Tsunamis | WA - DNR

(Discovery Bay geology shows the past 6 tsunami deposits over the last 2500 years.)

Anyway, Washington's a great school and has a great campus in a cool location, but fuck 'em when they play Texas.

Boy, you are just a ray of fucking sunshine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Is this also the thread for game talk?

Washington's offense looks good.  On par with the best of the Big 12. They stretch the field vertically better than we are able to, but the run game leaves a bit to be desired.  They make up for it with a solid quick screen game.

Their defense is not good.  They haven't really had a good game all season. The secondary plays unsound and gives up a lot of chunk.  LBs get lost.

There's not a good comp in the Big12 for them.  I suppose it would be Tech, but UW has an elite offense while Tech's is merely decent.

I don't think it's a particularly good matchup for us.  We will score on them, but they are set up nicely to test our defense.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 12:30 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I went through UT for the Fiesta Bowl back in 2009.  The school allotment were the shittiest seats possible.  I have never gone through the school for bowl tickets again and won’t.  Maybe the that’s changed since then, but I doubt it.

That was my experience with the Sugar Bowl vs Virginia Tech.  Here we were, about 10 rows up in the back of the endzone - couldn't tell the difference between a five-yard gain and a two-yard loss at the other end of the field.  And I look over and see all these THOUSANDS of half-empty seats in prime location between the 30s set aside for a bunch of local groups that participated in the pre-game BS on the field.  Local teenagers who could not have cared less about what was happening on the field and didn't pay a dime for their seats.  Made me ragey.

(Of course, we lost the game which made me care a little less about what I couldn't see. But that's another story.)

That was an eye-opener experience.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Is this also the thread for game talk?

Washington's offense looks good.  On par with the best of the Big 12. They stretch the field vertically better than we are able to, but the run game leaves a bit to be desired.  They make up for it with a solid quick screen game.

Their defense is not good.  They haven't really had a good game all season. The secondary plays unsound and gives up a lot of chunk.  LBs get lost.

There's not a good comp in the Big12 for them.  I suppose it would be Tech, but UW has an elite offense while Tech's is merely decent.

I don't think it's a particularly good matchup for us.  We will score on them, but they are set up nicely to test our defense.

Washington is literally a 1-man team.  Their defense sucks and their running game is not good.  OK, receivers are good, but without Penix, this team would have gone about 3-9.

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Washington is literally a 1-man team.  Their defense sucks and their running game is not good.  OK, receivers are good, but without Penix, this team would have gone about 3-9.

I don't disagree about Penix, but their WR duo (really trio with Polk) are good.

3 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I haven’t watched them. How well does Penix handle pressure?

I’ve already said it a lot, I’ve watched him play multiple times. I have no idea why anyone thinks he’s any good. He’s good at padding stats I guess but against any opponent with a pulse he sucks. Our pass rush will overwhelm them. We’ll win somewhere in the 42-10 or 35-7 range. Check out his stat lines vs ASU & UCLA if you don’t believe me.

• Fuck You 1

Thank you for all the food suggestions.   Sorry for the typos.   

I can say the names but I don't know how to spell them.   I don't maintain the roster. 

Helobious is clearly a troll.  With over 5,300 posts I'm sure you know that already though.  I've been the mod of my own hobby board for years. If you don't ban them quickly and often this place will get out of hand.

Penix is obviously the best quarterback in the country as the statlines against ASU and UCLA prove.  Enough said on that.   In terms of the defense.   As noted in reason number 3, new defensive scheme,  new attitude.   You can throw out the history in that one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I don’t know man.  I’m pretty impressed that Washington went 7-1 this year against teams with losing records.  Texas only went 3-0 against teams with losing records, so there’s that.

Little surprised on Ro. Isn't he doing the senior bowl? Wouldn't a game against a good team as the feature back be pretty good exposure? I get the whole injury thing, just seems like if you're going to do the senior bowl you would be doing the real bowl game too. Maybe scouts really value the senior bowl practice and games more.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

Little surprised on Ro. Isn't he doing the senior bowl? Wouldn't a game against a good team as the feature back be pretty good exposure? I get the whole injury thing, just seems like if you're going to do the senior bowl you would be doing the real bowl game too. Maybe scouts really value the senior bowl practice and games more.

He's already known and hyped by scouts and media and carrying an injury from the Baylor game. Better to just schmooze with teams at the Senior Bowl and make sure he's good to go for the Combine/Pro Day.

Can’t blame them. Especially Rojo and Bijan. No point in getting taken out by some Rashad Bauman clone. Hodges Mitchell should have played on Sundays. Glad these 2 guys suited up for us. They represented The University with class. They will both go far in life. Love me some Overshown too. It will be interesting to see how the rest of his football career develops.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

Damn right. You want the Dickey's BBQ off 281. Don't let the closed sign fool you, it's just to keep all the tourists away. Go around back and bang on the rear door until someone answers. Get 30% off your order with the code phrase "I want muledick"

image.png.df7655978ba86060b35cc136953f99b7.png

you can keep the cup 

2 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Jonathan Brooks time.

80S 1980S GIF

Edited by tx 3 putt

12 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I haven’t watched them. How well does Penix handle pressure?

The key with Penix is limiting his early release.

Too much pressure, he can just pop off in an instant.

Not enough pressure and he’ll just hang in the pocket. Not very hard for him.

D will need to have more of an even pressure.

If we can time it to where the pressure is in waves, first from our base defense, then we have a shot.

Pressure from the edge will build until finally he won’t be able to stand it anymore.

He’ll likely end up with ruined offensive playbook.

Then it’s just clean up duty for us.

That would a stroke of genius from PK.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2022 at 10:08 PM, BigPenixEnergy said:

Hi Longhorn Fans, looking forward to traveling to Tejas (I like to call it that) for the Alamo Bowl.  This will be my first time visiting Austin so I hope you can give me lots of great recommendations on fun things to do with my family!  

Anyway, I really think UW has a chance to go all the way next year, and that starts with a bowl win this year. Here’s 5 reasons why I like my DAWGS to win.

1. Michael Big Penix Energy Jr. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 5 years of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Jaxson Kirtman, Bainvalium, Center, Ossai, Rosengarten. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Inge. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is speaking out about the difference between our game plan on defense vs Washington State and our game planning since then. you will see a much improved defense on 12/28.

4. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team Washington has had this century, maybe since 1998! James Odunze, Jalen McClatcher, Ja'Z Polk, MJ Ale, Louis Rankin, Grady Gross. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

I think UW wins this one rather easily, say… 34-17???

You sound like a British cigarette

• Like 1
  • Haha 2