We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!

satyanash

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I hate bad officiating as much as the next fan but it was egregious.  But it was against OU and I'm reminded of when (I think) Dusty Dvoracek knocked down Colt after a false start and nothing happened.  Karma.

That was Auston English. Never seen something like that uncalled before or since.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

RO and Bijan have been at the hotel all week, and will 100% be on the sidelines. DMO, who knows, but Ro will likely be vocal on the sidelines and present. 

Will the equipment manager have their uniforms handy, just in case?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

That was Auston English. Never seen something like that uncalled before or since.

Can’t believe everyone just sat there and watched that happen without any type of retaliation (specifically the OL).  They either didn’t like Colt or were a bunch of pussies. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Interested to see who the new team leaders are since Rojo, Bijan, and DMO are sitting out this game.  
Yet Bryce Young and Will Anderson are playing in their non CFP bowl game, hmm..

No, not saying Bijan should play, just sayin. I'm sure Dr. Pepper made it worthwhile for BY, not sure about Anderson.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Gerry Hamilton had a stat in one of the IT YouTube shows that the Washington QB Penix has only been sacked 5 times all season in 500 pass attempts. Just keep that in mind tonight when we get frustrated because our defense can’t get him on the ground. 

Screw that noise. Justice Finkley is going to karate kick Penix to sleep. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Also looking for different areas of town to grab lunch in via bike. Done Pearl District etc, South Presa. Might just end up back at Mon Chou Chou because we love it. Also interested I'm Attaboy if we do brunch, but lady is talking Gym and yoga in am before we get shitty in the afternoon.

Grab yourself a sandwich and bag of chips at Station Cafe and bike around King William. I recommend the Station Reubenation. 

After missing a bowl last year, I'm reminded of how important this event is for a program. Win or lose, appearing in a semi-major match up and getting the winter camp practices in is huge. I hope we never miss another bowl. 

Texas’s success next year is going to be dependent on the passing game taking a huge leap. The opportunity for Quinn to get 15 practices and a live game running the offense without Bijan/RoJo is invaluable.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

If anyone is pre-gaming in Southtown today, a few recommendations:

* McIntyre's 1035 Presa St. It's an indoor/outdoor venue with lots of TV's. Nice place. Grand opening is today. Beer and liquor but no food. Same McIntyre's from H-town.

* Friendly Spot--Outdoor bar. 943 S. Alamo. Good hangout in good weather. Food and drinks. 

* Bruno's (we don't talk about Bruno's)--across the street from Friendly Spot and same owners. Indoor/outdoor bar. Cheap beer, good times. Food tent sometimes and drinks. 

* Bar America-723 S Alamo. Great first owners. Kids took it over and added hipster vide. Still a good place for pre-game and walking distance to the dome. Food and drink. 

Enjoy SA. Have fun. Be safe. Hook'em. 

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Someday we won't have an Alamo Bowl to look forward to. It will be replaced by the Gator or Music City Bowl as our annual late December destination. 

When we clench our first gator bowl berth I hope we all throw gators on the field.

Looking forward to seeing Keilan Robinson and Brooks tear up Washington's defense tonight. Maybe if we change Kelian's number to 5 Washington will panic.

3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Gerry Hamilton had a stat in one of the IT YouTube shows that the Washington QB Penix has only been sacked 5 times all season in 500 pass attempts. Just keep that in mind tonight when we get frustrated because our defense can’t get him on the ground. 

He’ll get sacked at least 5 times tonight alone, and throw a couple picks to boot. He’s horrible and has not faced a defense as good as ours.

• Hook 'Em 1