We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!

satyanash

No so cool story, bro -- I had gone my whole life without really trying sauerkraut until the 2012 Alamo Bowl against Oregon State.  In the early fourth quarter, I was fairly buzzed and starving, so I grabbed a hot dog close to my seats, and piled on sauerkraut for the extra calories.  I now won't eat a hot dog without it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

No so cool story, bro -- I had gone my whole life without really trying sauerkraut until the 2012 Alamo Bowl against Oregon State.  In the early fourth quarter, I was fairly buzzed and starving, so I grabbed a hot dog close to my seats, and piled on sauerkraut for the extra calories.  I now won't eat a hot dog without it.
Ruebens, dogs with kraut, or german sausage and kraut (childhood staple) plus beer equals superlative cropdusting fuel. Watch out husky fans.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Sauerkraut on pizza is popular up here in the Midwest. I don’t really care for it though. 

46 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Not cool story bro- I was at the Fiesta Bowl at which El Roberson was arrested, or criminally charged, or some such thing the night before. 
Ohio State beat us. 

confused-meme.gif

Answered the question myself. I suppose us means Washington (Kansas State as per correction below) and  not Texas.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

I'm curious to watch our DBs vs Washington passing game...

--------------------------------------------

Texas vs. Washington: Three Alamo Bowl matchups to watch

ByJEFF HOWE 7 hours ago

As No. 20 Texas (8-4, 6-3 Big 12) prepares to face No. 12 Washington (10-2, 7-2 Pac-12) in Thursday’s Valero Alamo Bowl (8 p.m., ESPN), Horns247 has three matchups to watch when the action kicks off inside the Alamodome.

1. Texas' Offensive Line vs. Washington's Defensive Line

The Texas defensive line hasn’t been pushed around with any level of consistency through 12 games, so it shouldn't be expected that a good Washington offensive line (a top-30 unit according to Football Outsider line yards per carry, power success rate and sack rate) to roll the Longhorns off of the ball from start to finish. That’s why the trench battle is focused on a Longhorn line that doesn’t have the ability of Roschon Johnson or Bijan Robinson behind them to maximize runs against a defensive line for the Huskies that Football Outsiders ranks as one of the worst in the country against the run (No. 91 in line yards per carry and opportunity rate, No. 74 in stuff rate and No. 63 in power success rate).

Ranking ninth nationally in opportunity rate, No. 30 in line yards per carry and No. 45 in stuff rate, the Texas offensive line has been solid and should be coming into the game with a lot of confidence after pushing Kansas and Baylor around in the last two games of the regular season. Their ability to control the line of scrimmage and not only open things up for Jonathon Brooks, Keilan Robinson and Jaydon Blue, but also to keep Quinn Ewers upright against a Washington defensive front that ranks second in the country in sack rate is likely where the outcome will be decided.

2. Texas LB Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey vs. Washington QB Michael Penix Jr.

With DeMarvion Overshown opting out of the game, Tucker-Dorsey is expected to get a hefty workload playing next to Jaylan Ford at the second level of the Longhorn defense. Texas has shown to be vulnerable against the pass between the numbers and up to 19 yards down the field, which is the area of the field Pete Kwiatkowski could give the Huskies if the plan is to take away the deep ball (14 of Penix’s 29 touchdowns have come on passes that traveled 20 yards or more down the field).

Tucker-Dorsey and Ford shouldn’t be expected to have the same rapport that Ford had with Overshown, which really shined when quarterbacks broke contain and tried to extend plays with their legs. Targeting Tucker-Dorsey might be the path of least resistance for Washington, whether that’s on the ground or through the air.

3. Texas QB Quinn Ewers and WR Xavier Worthy vs. Washington’s secondary

Ewers has had a 15-for-44 season with three touchdowns and two interceptions when throwing the ball 20 yards or more down the field and Worthy has only caught nine of the 39 attempts that have gone his way on those types of throws. With that said, the Huskies have given up 40 completions of 20 yards or more (fifth in the Pac-12 and tied for No. 70 nationally) and 22 completions of 30 yards or more (10th in the Pac-12 and tied for 106th in the country) through 12 games, so there should be plenty to be opportunities to connect on the deep ball.

Whether coming to a conclusion based on raw numbers or advanced statistics, Washington unquestionably fields one of the worst pass defenses in FBS. If the Huskies want to stack the box and make Ewers beat them throwing the football, he’s got to make them pay and in a game that could easily become a track meet against one of the nation’s most productive offenses (No. 1 in passing offense, No. 2 in total offense and tied for fourth in scoring offense), the Longhorns are likely going to need to hit their share of shots down the field to keep pace.

1 hour ago, justhookit said:

Just saw CDC and who I believe was Hartzell having lunch at Chris Madrid’s. I did not approach them but a couple of assholes did. Dude, you don’t approach a guy when he is in the middle of eating a macho Mexican Tostada burger.

Exactly. You wait until they're done, and then ask CDC what's up with Beard while staring directly at Hartzell.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, justhookit said:

Just saw CDC and who I believe was Hartzell having lunch at Chris Madrid’s. I did not approach them but a couple of assholes did. Dude, you don’t approach a guy when he is in the middle of eating a macho Mexican Tostada burger.

Reminds me of the time Dennis Quaid and what looked like maybe his bodyguard sat down in the booth next to me & Mrs. Wood (no pics) at Sullivan's. At first, people left him alone, but then this one couple came over, and that opened the floodgates. Then another, and another, and so on. People still came up to him, chatting him up right after his hot $100 steak showed up. Unreal. He handled it well. Probably a whole lot better than I would have. Fuck people who do this shit. /csb

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Reminds me of the time Dennis Quaid and what looked like maybe his bodyguard sat down in the booth next to me & Mrs. Wood (no pics) at Sullivan's. At first, people left him alone, but then this one couple came over, and that opened the floodgates. Then another, and another, and so on. People still came up to him, chatting him up right after his hot $100 steak showed up. Unreal. He handled it well. Probably a whole lot better than I would have. Fuck people who do this shit. /csb

Some bodyguard 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Had some Pinkerton’s BBQ and now getting ready for the Bowl game. Texas!!!!

I split that with three people so it wasn’t just for me…lol. Good stuff! It was slammed. See y’all who are in San Antonio for the game! 

CC4B2EAA-0D52-4ACA-8CA4-C3185DC753CD.jpeg

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I split that with three people so it wasn’t just for me…lol. Good stuff! It was slammed. See y’all who are in San Antonio for the game! 

What food did you like best there today??

51 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I love you.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Daughter and I decided to go to the game at 10:00 am this morning.  Got to San Antonio at 4:00, found a place to park, snagged some tickets from StubHub from the parking lot, and now we’re standing outside the stadium.   Let’s kick som ass.

stare-sam-jackson.gif