We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!

satyanash

So if TCU loses is everyone presuming Ohio State jumps them and is in? I’m not convinced that’s the case. Assuming Michigan, USC and Georgia all take care of business, a 1 loss TCU’s resume would be far better than OSU. Maybe I trust the committee too much.

All of this is to say:

TCU CFP
KSU Sugar
Texas Alamo

4 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

So if TCU loses is everyone presuming Ohio State jumps them and is in? I’m not convinced that’s the case. Assuming Michigan, USC and Georgia all take care of business, a 1 loss TCU’s resume would be far better than OSU. Maybe I trust the committee too much.

Why? tOSU had a slightly tougher schedule and would have the better loss.

• Fuck You 1

Since it quite appears we're stuck in the Big XII next season (2023-24 academic year), the inevitable realignment of Big XII bowl contracts will also change.  Only thing that bounces us to Orlando is some behind-the-scenes manipulation so Cheez-It can get Texas for its one and only chance, and then the whole stack is rearranged for 2024-25 and Alamo has an extra bargaining chip for taking Texas Tech over Texas in 2022.  But I'd put that at 5%, if that.  We're obviously gonna fill all our slots next year with 14 teams.  And the NY6/nonCFP Big XII bowl game (Cotton or Fiesta), and Alamo Bowl will have more interesting choices.  

In the end, Thursday 29 December at 8:10p-CST...we kickoff to Utah or Washington.  Any slight chance USC falls to the Alamo Bowl if they lose the Pac-12 championship game or is there setup like ours where even the loser is still guaranteed a NY6 bowl?  

23 hours ago, SDG said:

The man himself answers the Sugar Bowl question 

From the Sugar Bowl website:

The Allstate Sugar Bowl will host the champions of the SEC and the Big 12 unless either or both of those champions are selected for the College Football Playoff. If either of the champions do qualify for the playoff, another highly-ranked representative from the conference(s) will play in the Allstate Sugar Bowl. In the case of the SEC, the replacement team would be the top-ranked non-playoff team. In the case of the Big 12, the replacement team would be the next non-playoff team with the best record in the regular-season standings.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

From the Sugar Bowl website:

The Allstate Sugar Bowl will host the champions of the SEC and the Big 12 unless either or both of those champions are selected for the College Football Playoff. If either of the champions do qualify for the playoff, another highly-ranked representative from the conference(s) will play in the Allstate Sugar Bowl. In the case of the SEC, the replacement team would be the top-ranked non-playoff team. In the case of the Big 12, the replacement team would be the next non-playoff team with the best record in the regular-season standings.

The Wire Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Utah is just too good to be in the Alamo and if USC wins, won't the Utes go to the Rose? 

Besides, i don't want any part of Cameron Rising beating Texas, would be really embarrassing.  Too bad Texas didn't retain him, we'd be so much better in 2021 definitely and 2022 most likely. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell
  • Hook 'Em 2

Yes, the Rose has a very similar agreement with the Pac-12 as we have with the Sugar Bowl.  Though it's not as 100% concrete.  In the first place, if Utah loses---they're "regular season" record would be 9-4, with Washington waiting there at 10-2.  And Oregon and UCLA at 9-3.  These are three teams the Rose Bowl would rather have than Utah.  But then, not every conference treats championship games as "regular season", some treat it as "post-season."  I have no idea what the Pac-12's view on Utah at 9-4 is, or will they treat them as 9-3 and equal to UCLA and Oregon?  There is also a decent chance that with a close win, USC gets left outta the playoff and heads to Rose making all this mute/moot/mott-thehoople.  

Big winner in all this is the Alamo Bowl.  They're gonna get a massive, massive name from the Pac-12 to face Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Utah is just too good to be in the Alamo and if USC wins, won't the Utes go to the Rose? 
Besides, i don't want any part of Cameron Rising beating Texas, would be really embarrassing.  Too bad Texas didn't retain him, we'd be so much better in 2021 definitely and 2022 most likely. 
Yes, the Rose has a very similar agreement with the Pac-12 as we have with the Sugar Bowl.  Though it's not as 100% concrete.  In the first place, if Utah loses---they're "regular season" record would be 9-4, with Washington waiting there at 10-2.  And Oregon and UCLA at 9-3.  These are three teams the Rose Bowl would rather have than Utah.  But then, not every conference treats championship games as "regular season", some treat it as "post-season."  I have no idea what the Pac-12's view on Utah at 9-4 is, or will they treat them as 9-3 and equal to UCLA and Oregon?  There is also a decent chance that with a close win, USC gets left outta the playoff and heads to Rose making all this mute/moot/mott-thehoople.  
Big winner in all this is the Alamo Bowl.  They're gonna get a massive, massive name from the Pac-12 to face Texas.  
So let's all root Utah on Friday.

42 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

If your goal with this post was to sound like a tremendous pussy, congratulations, you nailed it. 

Also, Texas would be favored over Utah with both teams at full strength. That's a necessary caveat with non-playoff bowl games these days, of course. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mdleast said:

I don't want to play Utah because we already have done so in recent years and they just seem kind of boring as an opponent.

Agreed. I like their uniforms, and Whittingham seems like a good enough dude, but mid-talent, well-drilled, and conservative is a lot less fun than a higher-variance team.

• Like 1

It’s a mid level bowl game that nobody will remember a week after it’s over. Just get a 9th win. 

This Bulletin Board pencildick “I’m too cool to care about a bowl game” bullshit act is laughable. If you don’t want to watch and enjoy a game against a quality opponent in the middle of the Holidays then that’s on you…and you can enjoy your miserable life.

…..Unless you’re at a hunting camp or something with no access.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

This Bulletin Board pencildick “I’m too cool to care about a bowl game” bullshit act is laughable. If you don’t want to watch and enjoy a game against a quality opponent in the middle of the Holidays then that’s on you…and you can enjoy your miserable life.

…..Unless you’re at a hunting camp or something with no access.

A win will be fun. Utah, Washington…who really cares as long as we win? So many opt outs these days that it’s hard to know what team we’ll see anyway. 

• Like 2

"It's a bowl game that's beneath us/there's too many bowl games/let me mash together brand names to make condescending bowl game sponsor title in sarcastic tone."

-Guy who'll fly to Las Vegas for his fantasy draft to play pretend administrator (not coach or player) but thinks some guys from a mid-major MAC team having too much fun in Birmingham that costs him absolutely nothing is a tragic affront to the sanctity of football

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I don’t care who it is. Just win. I like bowl games. The alternate is worse and then football is over for a long time.

Yep I've never understood the hate. It's football and match-ups you don't usually see. I enjoy bowl season but I would like someone other than Utah 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Yep I've never understood the hate. It's football and match-ups you don't usually see. I enjoy bowl season but I would like someone other than Utah 

Same, but could use some diversity from Utah/Oregon/Oregon State at Alamo Bowl or Arkansas/Mizzou at Texas Bowl. Cheez-It or Liberty would have been fun as a different venue and an ACC or SEC opponent.

• Hook 'Em 1

Same, but could use some diversity from Utah/Oregon/Oregon State at Alamo Bowl or Arkansas/Mizzou at Texas Bowl. Cheez-It or Liberty would have been fun as a different venue and an ACC or SEC opponent.

This is it for me. Same location and Same opponent range. Not really anything to get excited about. Of course I will tune in, but I am not really heavily invested in the outcome.
  • Like 1

• satyanash changed the title to We're Going (Alamo) Bowling!!!