2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

• tx 3 putt changed the title to 2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

Congrats Stros. Hell of a franchise y'all got there. I hope we can make it to that level someday. 

It made a bunch of people very happy at the bar that I'm at and that made me smile. 

We need to keep you cocksuckers from winning more of em now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Just now, formermav43 said:

You misunderstand. They should try to resign Verlander. The other 2 should be sent down the road with genuine thanks.

resign them all. best clubhouse in mlb. back fill with leon / diaz / julks / minor league player

i wouldn't make a move until the trade deadline to bring in someone new 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

resign them all. best clubhouse in mlb. back fill with leon / diaz / julks / minor league player

i wouldn't make a move until the trade deadline to bring in someone new 

Then put them on staff if they are willing to retire and stick around. That sort of thinking leads to stagnation. Those positions can and should be upgraded.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hornmpa96 said:

I literally love Michael Brantley and La Pina but it’s time to move on. We need to lengthen the lineup again and need to find more production out of 1B/DH.

not before we extend the young players.

the roster as is and healthy (minue mancini and vazquez) is the best team in baseball. every team needs to get much better to compete 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Framber Valdez    Arb 2   
Kyle Tucker           Arb 1
Ryne Stanek         Arb 3 
Jose Urquidy        Arb 1 
Phil Maton            Arb 3
Cristian Javier      Arb 1
Mauricio Dubon   Arb 1
Josh James         Arb 2
Blake Taylor         Arb 1

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

tell me this, who's a better than brantley that we should sign ?

Sign. We have pitching depth, go get an OF with multiple years of team control that fits in with the current window. I mean we are emotional right now, but the Astros need to move on from Gurriel, Brantley, Mancini, and a few others. There is no need to waste money on those guys when we develop stars on reg. That allows us to extend our stars and keep the window open.

Since the turn of the century the Cardinals have had 16 playoff appearances in 23 years and a 2-2 record in the WS. You go on a run like that by making hard choices and developing your players.

• Hook 'Em 2