2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

43 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

love these articles and comments from the mlb media about marring a world series or how the baseball world will be critical of the astros for this move.

get. the. fuck. out. with. that. nonsense.

i just spent 3 days at fucking epcot with my in-laws and wore my bright orange trucker hat on purpose because we won the world series the night before.  i got some high-fives and plenty of grown adults yelling "cheaters" or "trash-tros" like we were on twitter or something. 

my father-in-law and i almost came to blows with some drunken idiot who yelled at us for supporting a team that cheats.  he shut up pretty quick when i said, "i've been rooting for this team for 40 years, what kind of shitty god-damned fan abandons their team over buzzer rumors and sign-stealing half the league was also doing?"  he was like, "what about the illegal bat?"  i said, "you mean the same bat the dodgers took turns hitting homers with?"

i'm done with optics.  we just won a 2nd title.  we're not the braves, we're not the chiefs, we're the fucking patriots.  let's go.

Other fan bases are trying to dismiss this championship with talk of illegal bats and sticky stuff

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tx ind said:

@Wulaw Horn is awfully quiet on this topic, assume he is moving his shit into Click's office?

Dude I bought a power ball ticket because if I won the 2B I was going to give 1/4 of it to Crane for the right to be the GM. 
I’ve never been a Click fan, view him as a pussy with a middle reliever fetish that the Astros won in spite of rather than because. 
The Odorizi deal was trash. The Baez deal was trash. He probably overpaid Neris if we are being honest, Maton deal was trash (straw is a gold glove CF- Diaz better hit or that deal kind of sucks) and he allowed this team to have multiple holes in the lineup that were easily foreseeable that thankfully didn’t sink our battle ship because the pitching was ungodly. 
Montero was a good deal (along with Graveman), Stanek was a heist. He was probably right to let Correa walk but some creativity could have kept him around and they could have worked Pena in since we had, you know, 3 gaping holes in the lineup. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I don’t give him near enough credit for not ducking up a good thing. There’s probably some ego maniacal shit heads that would have done that so thanks for not fucking it up Jimmy Click. This off-season is Uber important. It was time for a caretaker Gm to leave and get someone with the vision to keep this going without the training wheels of JL turning over superstar pitchers making minimum wage. Crane has the right to pick a guy he’s comfortable with. Click is probably a fair GM. It’s not Like JL getting fired as far as impact goes and I guess  form an internal political sense he learned a lesson not to shit on his manager if the owner likes the skipper more than he likes you. 

i just listened to a segment of mlb radio on sirius, and at the beginning, it was all, "what type of credible gm is going to go to houston if they don't have the control they want?  the theo epstein types aren't going to want an owner meddling with every move." 

then, after about 3 min, they start in with, "well, honestly, this is a hell of an opportunity for a talented asst gm or a soft landing spot for someone who maybe could use some seasoning, can work with a successful owner/franchise, and it's a really good situation - it's not like you need someone in there to take control of a teardown or rebuild."

no fucking shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sports media is pure manufactured controversy.  I’m getting The Athletic now with my NY Times sub and I hadn’t realized how some of the most egregious offenders had all migrated to the same place.  It’s only missing a Jose de Jesus Ortiz to really hit rock bottom.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Sports media is pure manufactured controversy.  I’m getting The Athletic now with my NY Times sub and I hadn’t realized how some of the most egregious offenders had all migrated to the same place.  It’s only missing a Jose de Jesus Ortiz to really hit rock bottom.  

Fucking this. Hell, practically all media these days is pure manufactured controversy. It's what sells ads.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I saw a 5 year deal for $25mil. Craziness, cashman has zero clue how to assemble a roster 

me see 6 foot 5 muscle head.  me want. me don't care if I have room in field.  me play 9 giants.  me may resign Gallo cause I love giants so much. 

• Haha 2

Per someone near everything, Click pissed Crane off with however he fucked up things with Oz Ocampo to the point that Ocampo left pissed recently.  That was the final straw. Take the one year deal or get fucked. Click went out and shit on him in public while effectively claiming that this title doesn’t happen if he’s not the guy making it all happen. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Per someone near everything, Click pissed Crane off with however he fucked up things with Oz Ocampo to the point that Ocampo left pissed recently.  That was the final straw. Take the one year deal or get fucked. Click went out and shit on him in public while effectively claiming that this title doesn’t happen if he’s not the guy making it all happen. 

I’d love to hear the specifics on Oz, that was a big loss that should have never happened. If Click chased him off I’ve moved from wish him well and grudgingly giving him some respect for being just smart enough to have the self awareness not to fuck with JL’s beautiful machine to taking the view of fuck that dude- may he rot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i think the rumblings over the past month or so let click know he was likely doomed.  he thought if we won the world series, it would probably save him, since it would be a bad look to let your gm go right after a title.  then crane did it anyway.  cold-blooded.  i love it.

rondae hollis-jefferson page GIF

• Hook 'Em 2