2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

Passan is such a bitch. He needs to get punched in the face and I imagine Crane wants to be the one to do it. That article is the definition of a hit piece sourced from a bitter ex. 

"palace intrigue"

"general manager under siege"

"preening about with institutional arrogance"

"tottering in the aftermath of a scandal"

"new GM one of the highest ranking remaining officials from the sullied 2017 team"

What a hyperbolic piece of shit you are, Jeff Passan.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Just hire Luhnow I dont know why this is even an issue for fucks sake.

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Was there ever even a peep of conflict between Luhnow and Crane? Feel like this entire situation is simply two incompatible dudes butting heads, except one really likes getting his story out to the media.

IIRC Luhnow lied about the sign stealing to Crane AND didn't post the letter from Manfred in the clubhouse telling teams to stop it. Not to rehash history but I think there's a reason he's the only one not still in MLB. Everyone else landed on their feet including Hinch and Cora (who was one of the ringleaders). 

ETA there was also the rumors of a toxic environment in the front office that Luhnow allowed to fester as well as the Taubman bullshit.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The Dog said:

IIRC Luhnow lied about the sign stealing to Crane AND didn't post the letter from Manfred in the clubhouse telling teams to stop it. Not to rehash history but I think there's a reason he's the only one not still in MLB. Everyone else landed on their feet including Hinch and Cora (who was one of the ringleaders). 

you could argue beltran isn't, but point taken.

i've seen a lot of "luhnow sued the astros, you don't come back from that."  that's just not true at all and i'm sure we all know a scenario where a lawsuit carries very little ill will a few years later, if not sooner.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

And at this point IDGAF about that anymore. Watching all the hypocritical bitches whine and cry the last 3 seasons has removed every single iota of sympathy I ever had. Fuck them in their stupid faces and lean into it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Pimphand said:

And at this point IDGAF about that anymore. Watching all the hypocritical bitches whine and cry the last 3 seasons has removed every single iota of sympathy I ever had. Fuck them in their stupid faces and lean into it.

Oh I completely agree with the sentiment.

However, the "lying to your boss" part is hard to get over (for Crane). I also have to think there is more that we don't know and need to accept the fact that ship has sailed and is never coming back. It's a shame because Luhnow was the architect of this dynasty.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Dog said:

ETA there was also the rumors of a toxic environment in the front office that Luhnow allowed to fester as well as the Taubman bullshit.

Oh I’m not even referencing Luhnow in the hopes he would return.  I was just saying we never heard any of these “overbearing/hard for a GM to work for” narratives surrounding Crane until Click.

I think Crane only gets involved when he doesn’t trust the person doing the job, and it’s obvious that he didn’t trust Click.

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

Who is going to hire Click when he's bitching and moaning to reporters all day long?

Oh but it says right in the article that click refused to comment. So there’s simply no way any of this is coming from him, no way no sir wink wink nudge nudge 

Passan is such a little twat.

Does anyone know why Ausmus was in town Friday? I do. Because Craig fucking Biggio was being honored by the Sunshine Kids and Ausmus and Bagwell were part of that ceremony because of their relationship with Biggio.

JFC i should have whipped his ass when I had free shot to during any of the WS home games, but not worth being arrested and getting banned from MMP. Fucking pompous dork.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Passan is such a little twat.

Does anyone know why Ausmus was in town Friday? I do. Because Craig fucking Biggio was being honored by the Sunshine Kids and Ausmus and Bagwell were part of that ceremony because of their relationship with Biggio.

JFC i should have whipped his ass when I had free shot to during any of the WS home games, but not worth being arrested and getting banned from MMP. Fucking pompous dork.

punching the 2024 Astros manager wouldn’t look good for you 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:
8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

punching the 2024 Astros manager wouldn’t look good for you 

In what universe do you think Jeff Passan would be a manager of anything except his Dungeons and Dragons game night?

hahaha, thought you were talking about asmus 

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Luhnow isn't irreplaceable and this shit is the reason I don't want him back. As good as he is at certain parts of the job, he undermined a lot of it by trading for Osuna and cultivating a shitty atmosphere. It also didn't help that he gave zero fucks about the bullpen.

It can't be impossible to find someone who can do math but also understands there's a human element to this game.

• Hook 'Em 1