2023 Official Astros World Champs Offseason Thread

tx 3 putt

42 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Man, CC really leaning into that villain role. Amazing that he has provided something for Dodgers and Giants fans to agree on. The hatred in California is gonna be strong. 

They can't blame Correa really when their front office made the offer and then reneged on it because they didn't like the results of the physical. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Fair enough - but I’m not convinced it was the Giants that wanted out. Yeah, I know there is a $35mm gap on the deals, but I feel like $300mm was always CC’s target and he has a much better chance to win with Cohen and the Mets than the Giants. 

Why wouldn't you be? Correa could've just signed with the Mets originally instead of going through the drama of a late night negotiation with Steve Cohen, who was obviously willing to pay him the money he sought in the first place. 

This was 100% on the SF Giants. They saw something that gave them pause in the physical and decided to either walk away entirely or get him to renegotiate terms of the deal and CC said "nah fuck all that." 

I personally would rather live in San Francisco than New York, but maybe Correa feels differently. The Mets certainly have the better team now, and an owner willing to shell out more money than anyone else, so if he wants to win another ring the Mets are absolutely a better bet for the next 3-5 years.

One of the hosts on Houston AM 790 said this morning that Correa was getting frequent back treatments from someone outside of the Astros in 21, and then this year was getting treatments again outside of the Twins but more often, like maybe before every game. If true, sounds like he has been trying to hide the seriousness of his back situation from his employers.....which can't be good.

1 hour ago, BornOrange said:

One of the hosts on Houston AM 790 said this morning that Correa was getting frequent back treatments from someone outside of the Astros in 21, and then this year was getting treatments again outside of the Twins but more often, like maybe before every game. If true, sounds like he has been trying to hide the seriousness of his back situation from his employers.....which can't be good.

Happy Funny Face GIF by DraftKings

4 hours ago, BornOrange said:

Sounds like bullshit rumor to me. He was offered $160 million from the Astros and Jim Crane and something like $285 million from Minnesota. These teams have all his medical information and Susan Slusser reported that the Giants said the medical issue they flagged was not related to his back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Sounds like bullshit rumor to me. He was offered $160 million from the Astros and Jim Crane and something like $285 million from Minnesota. These teams have all his medical information and Susan Slusser reported that the Giants said the medical issue they flagged was not related to his back. 

I also read that he went through exams and was approved for insurance coverage before signing with Minnesota.

22 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I personally would rather live in San Francisco than New York, but maybe Correa feels differently. The Mets certainly have the better team now, and an owner willing to shell out more money than anyone else, so if he wants to win another ring the Mets are absolutely a better bet for the next 3-5 years.

Madoff investments must have finally paid off.

Pop Quiz: An employee of mine grew up with a former Astro and sent me this old Little League picture from their home town newspaper. He should be pretty easy to name once you i.d. the correct player.  

Peace, Merry Christmas, and Happy Repeat to all!
1001090802_UnknownAstro.png.4530acb10c895e1e99e3c7f59c3c25d6.png

20 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Pop Quiz: An employee of mine grew up with a former Astro and sent me this old Little League picture from their home town newspaper. He should be pretty easy to name once you i.d. the correct player.  

I don’t know but I swear I see Cheech there.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Glenn Davis is my guess, but I have 2 of them that I would guess him for lol.  I guess I will say 2nd top row in front of stache 

Edited by Scraps

29 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Where do people live in the San Fran area ? What are the good burbs / neighborhoods. The city itself seems to haven a lot of homeless that break into all cars. 

Are you asking where normal-ish people live or where wealthy people live? I mean it's a very vibrant city and people make do. If you want to raise a family and can't afford SF, then they'll live in places like Daly City or across the bay in towns like San Leandro or Fremont. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Where do people live in the San Fran area ? What are the good burbs / neighborhoods. The city itself seems to haven a lot of homeless that break into all cars. 

Marin County is nice.  South of the city, Hillsborough, Palo Alto, Los Altos, Menlo Park, Woodside.  There are lots of nice places.  The city...you will see poop on the sidewalk.  Human.